• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy freaking fathers day to me!!!

158 posts in this topic

Nothing like a late night emergency room visit on Fathers day!

I was sitting on the kitchen floor with my daughter playing with one of our dogs. He was laying on his back and I grabbed his belly not hard at all playing around and he just FREAKED and charged me snarling and biting. He caught me on the bottom of my chin with his lower teeth and on the right side of my jaw with his upper teeth. The chin is just a little cut but the side of my jaw is ripped wide open and was POURING blood! :sick:

Sitting now waiting for the surgeon to stitch me up.

Perfect way to end the freaking day! :eyeroll:

Wow!

That really, really sucks... sorry to hear your day ended so traumatically.

What kind of dog?

I hope you recover quickly!!!

(I don't think this thread needs pictures... :eek: )

Thank the Lord it was you he attacked and not your daughter. Don't allow that dog to share a house with your child. Always sad when a pet freaks out but you can't allow it the opportunity to attack your wife or daughter.

Thank the Lord it was you he attacked and not your daughter. Don't allow that dog to share a house with your child. Always sad when a pet freaks out but you can't allow it the opportunity to attack your wife or daughter.

My neighbor's daughter has 40 stitches across the left side of her face thanks to a dog that was removed from the home too late after showing a similar type of out of the blue aggression.

My neighbor's daughter has 40 stitches across the left side of her face thanks to a dog that was removed from the home too late after showing a similar type of out of the blue aggression.

I hate to say it, as we love our pets, but some things you can't give a second chance.

It's a corgi.

Yeah, I think this is the end for my little buddy unfortunately. My family surprised me with him on my birthday 3 years ago. When he was like 6 months old, he was sleeping on the couch and my daughter sat next to him and laid her head on him and he jumped up and bit her lip. Luckily, it was just a tiny little cut that they glued and didn't leave a scar.

We gave him extensive training after that and he ne'er attacked anyone after that except for our big dog. We have a 150lb Swiss mountain dog and the corgi HATES him! He always steps on the corgi and the corgi will go after him.

Everyone in the house hates this dog but me. Hes always been the sweetest dog with me and is liken little shadow. We are BIG dog people and have never even considered giving a dog away but I think after this, my little Romo has to go. I can't have him doing something like this to the kids. It's sad because he'll probably end up getting put down. I don't know that anyone would or could take him after biting two people.

I'll worry about that tomorrow and figure out what to do with him if I ever get the he'll out of the ER!!! I still haven't seen the damn doctor much less get stiched up! :mad:

Nothing like a late night emergency room visit on Fathers day!

I was sitting on the kitchen floor with my daughter playing with one of our dogs. He was laying on his back and I grabbed his belly not hard at all playing around and he just FREAKED and charged me snarling and biting. He caught me on the bottom of my chin with his lower teeth and on the right side of my jaw with his upper teeth. The chin is just a little cut but the side of my jaw is ripped wide open and was POURING blood! :sick:

Sitting now waiting for the surgeon to stitch me up.

Perfect way to end the freaking day! :eyeroll:

Sorry to hear that! Rough way to end the day. Hope everything goes well getting sewn up.

It wasn't the corgi by any chance was it? :eek:

EDIT: Woah! I just read that is was the corgi..... Sorry. Was food involved? Sometimes our two get a little snippy with each other over treats.

I preface this with the fact that I had a Doberman growing up for many years who was the biggest cupcake ever.

My sister in law got a Doberman and the first time I was at her house it was growling and snarling at my mother in law and I. Long story short a few weeks later the dog bit my sister in law on the throat. They downplayed it and still to this day have the dog. It has bitten other people which they blame on the humans.

It isn't the type of dog but the dog itself. If it shows that behavior once, it WILL show that behavior again. Put it down, send it to a farm, whatever you have to do but don't let it around your family.

I preface this with the fact that I had a Doberman growing up for many years who was the biggest cupcake ever.

My sister in law got a Doberman and the first time I was at her house it was growling and snarling at my mother in law and I. Long story short a few weeks later the dog bit my sister in law on the throat. They downplayed it and still to this day have the dog. It has bitten other people which they blame on the humans.

It isn't the type of dog but the dog itself. If it shows that behavior once, it WILL show that behavior again. Put it down, send it to a farm, whatever you have to do but don't let it around your family.

Yeah, I hate to say it but that sounds just like what is going on here. We've made every excuse in the book for him when he gets vicious. It's always someone elses fault but the fact is no matter what any of my family or dogs do to him, he should NOT attack them. After this, I don't see any other choice but to give him away. No question he lo es and is attached to me 1,0000 times more than anyone else and if he'll go after me like that, he'd have no problem doing it to anyone else.

I just pray we can find some place for him and not have to put him down. It was prett shocking having him come right at my face that viciously I can tell you! I know we have to give him away after this but I love that damn dog so much! Sucks because I had a 16 year old Pomeranian that was my life that died 3 years ago and this was the dog they bought me to replace her.

After he bit me, we locked him in his cage and I grabbed some paper towels, wallet and keys to go to the ER. As I was walking out the door I looked at his cage and yelled "ROMO!" and he cocked his head to the side and gave me the saddest puppy dog eyes :(

I'm so sorry to hear that. Glad to hear you're willing to get rid of the dog. I love my dogs and it would break my heart but like others have said you can't have him around if he has a temper problem

There are Welsh Corgi rescue groups here in Central Florida and around the state.

I'll send you some info via PM.

Get better soon and don't make any huge decisions while you are tired and injured. I know this sucks but there are other options for your dog.

Cool, thanks Darth! I really, REALLY would appreciate the info.

The worst part is, my dark little secret is that I might be the worlds biggest needle phobe! I have a completely irrational fear of needles. I can't even watch movies where they show needles.

They already told me I need stitches and the needle is sitting here on the tray next to me. It's taking a LOT to keep from freaking out :eek:

I love animals, but how can you give a dog away that might attack another child?

Perhaps donate him to a farm, if they KNOW the history, it might work....sad, hope you are feeling better.

I have to agree with Sharon. It really sucks to be in this position, and it is painful to look at the dog, but just imagine your daughter in the hospital right now and it will make the decision much easier.

I love animals, but how can you give a dog away that might attack another child?

Perhaps donate him to a farm, if they KNOW the history, it might work....sad, hope you are feeling better.

I have to agree with Sharon. It really sucks to be in this position, and it is painful to look at the dog, but just imagine your daughter in the hospital right now and it will make the decision much easier.

No, it's no decision at all. I love that dog more than I can say but nothing compared to my family. I'm a old married guy so a scarred up face isn't a big deal to me. If something happened to my kids and they had to live their lives disfigured, I couldn't live with that!

He has to go unfortunately. Darth sent me the info for corgi rescue so I just hope they or his breeder can find someplace he can live and not hurt anyone :wishluck: