• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy freaking fathers day to me!!!

158 posts in this topic

Thats enough for the OP who claims (read: claims) himself to be a "BIG dog lover" to want to put him down........you sir (the OP) have no business owning a dog if thats how you feel.

Step back a bit, Doom. You say this like you have all the answers in this situation, and you weren't there. It's obvious Mr. Jason's heart and mind are in turmoil over this, and I doubt he's thinking over his options the same way he'd decide which of his comics he should sell.

That sucks. Sorry for the emotional crud you will have to go thru geting rid of your lil buddy. I can see the rational that maybe there is a stomach issue that has the dog very sensitive when pressure placed there, and if the dog expressed the discomfort in another way, as in yelps, or barking, then he would be a keeper.

But an outright attack at the face, in a household with kids, no brainer, dog needs to go.

BTW, I am a huge dog person, love most of them. I am trying to envision what would I do if my dog attacked me like that and ripped open my face. I have an old American Eskimo, puntable size, 25 pounds.

It would break my heart, as in I would take a sick day and sob like a baby, but in the end I would need to get rid of him, not for concern over what he may do to me, but for what he may do to my family in future.

I would hate to see you get rid of your dog, but I understand why you would want to. I would at least call the vets first and get their opinion. Its possible he has a stomach problem and you hurt him/her without realising. Or maybe they can give it medicine that will keep him/her more docile. who knows?

I would hate to see you get rid of your dog, but I understand why you would want to. I would at least call the vets first and get their opinion. Its possible he has a stomach problem and you hurt him/her without realising. Or maybe they can give it medicine that will keep him/her more docile. who knows?

I agree that a vet visit is in order. If they don't find anything promising check out the rescue that was recommended. There are plenty of people willing to take a dog with a (short in this case) history of aggression, as long as they know what they're getting.

Two random attacks over the course of 3 years isn't really something that deserves the death penalty. Removed from the company of children, yes, put down for being a dog, no.

A few things to clarify for the people on their soapboxes about what i should do or what kind of dog owner i am.

1st, there is NO ONE and i mean no one on the planet that takes care of their dogs better or loves their dogs more than i do! I've had at least 3-5 dogs at all times for the last 25 years and there is a dog on the planet that is taken care of better than my dogs.

2nd, this was NOT a accident or playful bite. He came at me snarling and biting. He bit my face and was trying to keep biting my face. I pushed him away and got to my feet and he was still trying to attack my legs after that. If i had been a little slower or slipped, he would have bitten me more than once. If that had been one of my kids with slower reflexes, it would have been a LOT worse!

3rd, there isnt anything wrong with him physically that made him do this. He was just at the vet last week for all his shots and a full checkup. Also, after i got home last night i checked him over and poked and prodded him all over his body and he was completely fine. For whatever reason, he just snapped last night with me???

The dog just has a mean streak for some reason? He has never done anything to me before but he will certainly growl and snarl at other people for seemingly no reason. He fights our other dogs for seemingly no reason at least a few times a week. We've tried everything to stop this but nothing has worked. Ive made 10 million and 1 excuses for him because i love him so much but anyone else would have and SHOULD have given him away long ago. As much as i love him, he is NOT safe to have around children or people.

I do NOT want to have him put down and never said that i would Dr Doom! If that was the absolute last resort, MAYBE i would consider it but right now even after this that isnt an option for me but i cannot have him in the house with my kids and their friends, its just not safe. Believe me, even with blood pouring down my face and in a LOT of pain, last night i sat with him petting him until 4 in the morning crying knowing that he would be gone soon unfortunately and i would miss him more than anyone could imagine (thumbs u

Thats enough for the OP who claims (read: claims) himself to be a "BIG dog lover" to want to put him down........you sir (the OP) have no business owning a dog if thats how you feel.

Step back a bit, Doom. You say this like you have all the answers in this situation, and you weren't there. It's obvious Mr. Jason's heart and mind are in turmoil over this, and I doubt he's thinking over his options the same way he'd decide which of his comics he should sell.

Darth,

That is a great post. You have taken some flack for over posting. Just want to let you know this is a good one.

One of my best friends is a huge Eagles fan and he's convinced that THIS is the incident that turned my little Romo vicious (shrug)

rj30001.jpg

I'd be ticked off to if you named me after a preening primadonna QB who can't even handle a snap.

tony_romo_crying_after_fumble.jpg

Seriously Jason, sorry to hear about your mishap. I can't blame you at all for your decision. We've been very fortunate that our dog (a beagle/lab mix) has been so good with the baby.

There was a terrific, informative thread about dogs and their behaviour in the Water Cooler a few months ago. Truthteller, love him or hate him, works with dogs for a living and has offered lots of great insight into dealing with dogs, especially problematic ones and their behaviours.

If I were you Jason, I'd send him an email or PM and tell him about your incident.

I'm betting he'd have some terrific advice that you may not be able to come across otherwise.

(thumbs u

If I had a dog that bit my child....I'd shoot it.

lol, you sound tough.

sufunk, I hope everything works out in this situation. No easy answers to this one

Thanks Bill ( and everyone else who didn't get on their soapbox and give me a douchenozzle speech about how I shouldn't be a dog owner :eyeroll:) for the support!

Today was so freaking hard! I got to work 12 hours on pretty much no sleep, in pretty good pain and just devastated that he won't just be gone from my life but that I might not be able to find a home for him and he could be put down. Then I got to go home and have the fun really start!

Apparently the breeder called and left a message saying he's heard of this happening with corgis where they start being aggressive at like 1 year and it just gets worse and worse. He said he'll try and find a suitablee home but most likely we will just have to have him put down. And guess who decided to check the answering machine 1st and hear the message? My daughter who turns 9 tomorrow and is the biggest animal lover on the planet.

So I got to come home at 8:45 to my 6 year old son sobbing on the couch, my wife sitting at the dinner table crying and my daughter crying so hysterically that she was in the bathroom throwing up! This sucks so bad I can't even begin to put it in words! I don't know what the he'll to do ???

When I was a kid my first dog Queeny (Doberman/Sheppard mix) bit my hand once but it was partially my fault as I was trying to play with her while she was eating.

She turned to me, bit me (not that bad... didn't need hospital) and went back to eating. Basically she told me to f off.

That was the only time that ever happened.

My second dog Champagne (Samoyed) never laid a finger on me. I could stick my hand inside her mouth and she would gag before chomping down. She died of cancer about 8 years ago and I still get emotional looking at pictures or video of her.

But for some reason, I don't trust smaller dogs. Was bit for absolutely no reason by an American Eskimo while working part time for a lawn care company in my late teens. And the OWNER was standing right in front of me and basically did nothing? Do some of them have a chip on their shoulder?

Hope you are healing well Jason.... :foryou:

If I had a dog that bit my child....I'd shoot it.

lol, you sound tough.

sufunk, I hope everything works out in this situation. No easy answers to this one

Thanks Bill ( and everyone else who didn't get on their soapbox and give me a douchenozzle speech about how I shouldn't be a dog owner :eyeroll:) for the support!

Today was so freaking hard! I got to work 12 hours on pretty much no sleep, in pretty good pain and just devastated that he won't just be gone from my life but that I might not be able to find a home for him and he could be put down. Then I got to go home and have the fun really start!

Apparently the breeder called and left a message saying he's heard of this happening with corgis where they start being aggressive at like 1 year and it just gets worse and worse. He said he'll try and find a suitablee home but most likely we will just have to have him put down. And guess who decided to check the answering machine 1st and hear the message? My daughter who turns 9 tomorrow and is the biggest animal lover on the planet.

So I got to come home at 8:45 to my 6 year old son sobbing on the couch, my wife sitting at the dinner table crying and my daughter crying so hysterically that she was in the bathroom throwing up! This sucks so bad I can't even begin to put it in words! I don't know what the he'll to do ???

I wouldnt be in your shoes for anything.Its completely a no win situation.

I do wish you the best of luck with the healing and your pet.

My best

Dennis