• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy freaking fathers day to me!!!

158 posts in this topic

Oh please....the dog bit one..... ONE Fing time and you're gonna kill him because of it? Your face was just in the wrong place at the wrong time......if he'd have lightly nicked your finger, you'd have put a bandaid on it and sucked it up, but because YOU were in the wrong spot, you're gonna kill your dog.....that CLEARLY your family doesn't want to happen.

I stand by everything I said 100% and if the OP puts down his dog, then he has no respect for any living creature. It is still an animal and not 100% perfect.

Whatever! You have ZERO clue what you are talking about (thumbs u

Are you incapable of reading comprehension??? It may just have been a few times with humans but he shows aggression and viciously attacks our Swissie multiple times every week. The dog has a mean streak for some reason no one can figure out.

It also wasnt "one bite" with me! he tried to bite me multiple times and was attacking. I was just quick enough to get out of the way. Wether it was my hand or face, either way id have been going to the hospital to get stiches the way he was biting. You werent there and didnt see what happened and how it was DEFINITELY an attack not "just a bite".

I wasnt "in the wrong spot". He came after me and wasnt going to stop until he got me. Wether my family or me wants to give him away isnt the question, the question is what the best thing to do to keep my family safe. I'm going to look at every possible option and no matter what we end up doing, keep him, give him away, put him down, it will be the best i can absolute do and still be sure that my family is safe and not in danger of being attacked.

Do you have young kids? Let me see you get on your soapbox after youve driven your 6 year old daughter to the hospital with blood pouring down her face from a dog bite (thumbs u

You have no clue whatsoever what you're talking about!

Oh okay.....I didn't know you knew my life history. Youre right OP, go kill your dog. (thumbs u

doh!

You've brought way more bad than good to this thread. You have an opinion and it is a good one, but the manner in which you've delivered it by criticizing the OP and making things really hard for him is way out of line. I think you should put yourself in his shoes and look at what matters most.

Also, unless I'm mistaken, I don't think he ever said he is 100% going to kill the dog. So you're arguing a possibility while treating it like the endgame.

He is treating it like the end game......look at this posts.

"OMG I stayed up all night crying because I knew he'd be leaving us soon"

"I just don't think I can keep him....."

etc

etc

etc.....

if he is truly a dog person, if he truly loved the dog and treated it like a member of family, he'd then do whatever he could to help him. Instead, he's clearly writing him off before exploring all the options..

You're 100% misinterpreting what Jason is saying.

Just because he needs to leave his house doesn't mean he's going to die. He IS doing whatever he can to help him. What do you think the Corgi rescue organization is? It's a way to NOT have to kill him. He hasn't written the dog off at all. The only surefire decision he's made is that the dog can't be around his children.

Jason isn't a cruel man. He doesn't want to kill the dog, like you appear to be saying.

He doesn't want to kill the dog????

Lets see some of his direct quotes from this thread....

It's sad because he'll probably end up getting put down

He has to go unfortunately

As much as i love him, he is NOT safe to have around children or people.

Today was so freaking hard! I got to work 12 hours on pretty much no sleep, in pretty good pain and just devastated that he won't just be gone from my life but that I might not be able to find a home for him and he could be put down. Then I got to go home and have the fun really start!

He said he'll try and find a suitablee home but most likely we will just have to have him put down

EDIT: and your corgi bites the bigger dog because he steps on him all the time. You said that yourself, that hurts man.....I don't blame him for getting mad at the dog.

Sufunk, I think you have the support of all reasonable people here. As a parent, you have to think of your family first. If anything happened down the road with this dog, you'd come back to this incident and blame yourself. From one parent and pet owner to another, I understand your anguish and wish you the best of luck in working things out in whatever manner ensures the safety of you, your wife and kids.

Sufunk,

I was in a similiar situation w/ a shar-pei. The dog was agressive towards (trying to bite) others including family and my wife then girlfriend. I had the dog since a pup, and it was in an adult environment. My wife had a young daughter and while we were dating I couldn't have her daughter over in fear of something happening. Once engaged a decision had to be made. The dog after several months of trying to get her to adapt it would not. I called the local shelters explained the situation none of the no kill shelters wanted her. I called the Shar Pei rescue and was told to put the dog down stating it was best for it and the people around it. The organization stated no matter how much you love your dog and humanize it, it will always still be just and animal and you need to put people's safety welfare before it. Needless to say I followed throught with the organization's advice. It was hard and I still think about it, but it was for the best.

Whatever dude. Think all you want that i want "to kill" my dog. I've never said that once. If thats what i wanted, he'd be gone by now. All ive ever said is im worried that putting him down is going to end up being my only option to make sure my kids are safe.

I'll do anything i can to help him and save him wether its staying with us or going to another home but if it comes down to no other option but protecting my family or putting him down, i'll put him down no matter how much it kills me. My family comes 1st no matter how much i love the dog

Since Dr-Doom is clearly alone in his views, I think we all should just just scroll past when we see his avatar, ignore what is typed, and it will be like he's not even here.

Wasn't Dr. Doofus formally the poster known as Pathetic?

Since Dr-Doom is clearly alone in his views, I think we all should just just scroll past when we see his avatar, ignore what is typed, and it will be like he's not even here.

I can't keep up with all the shills name changes around here.

Paithetic

I doubt I would give away a dog that I had determined to be randomly vicious, even if I was absolutely certain I could limit my liability in a future lawsuit. There will be some that will think that this is inhumane, but its the humans I am concerned about.

It is good to hear that an animal rescue group relayed similar advice, and is not entirely composed of extremists like Doom.

Regardless, its a horrible position to be in.

Good luck, sufunk

My family comes 1st no matter how much i love the dog

And that is something that nobody (in their right mind) will argue with........but you gotta give the dog a fair chance.

Oh please....the dog bit one..... ONE Fing time and you're gonna kill him because of it? Your face was just in the wrong place at the wrong time......if he'd have lightly nicked your finger, you'd have put a bandaid on it and sucked it up, but because YOU were in the wrong spot, you're gonna kill your dog.....that CLEARLY your family doesn't want to happen.

I stand by everything I said 100% and if the OP puts down his dog, then he has no respect for any living creature. It is still an animal and not 100% perfect.

Whatever! You have ZERO clue what you are talking about (thumbs u

Are you incapable of reading comprehension??? It may just have been a few times with humans but he shows aggression and viciously attacks our Swissie multiple times every week. The dog has a mean streak for some reason no one can figure out.

It also wasnt "one bite" with me! he tried to bite me multiple times and was attacking. I was just quick enough to get out of the way. Wether it was my hand or face, either way id have been going to the hospital to get stiches the way he was biting. You werent there and didnt see what happened and how it was DEFINITELY an attack not "just a bite".

I wasnt "in the wrong spot". He came after me and wasnt going to stop until he got me. Wether my family or me wants to give him away isnt the question, the question is what the best thing to do to keep my family safe. I'm going to look at every possible option and no matter what we end up doing, keep him, give him away, put him down, it will be the best i can absolute do and still be sure that my family is safe and not in danger of being attacked.

Do you have young kids? Let me see you get on your soapbox after youve driven your 6 year old daughter to the hospital with blood pouring down her face from a dog bite (thumbs u

You have no clue whatsoever what you're talking about!

Oh okay.....I didn't know you knew my life history. Youre right OP, go kill your dog. (thumbs u

doh!

You've brought way more bad than good to this thread. You have an opinion and it is a good one, but the manner in which you've delivered it by criticizing the OP and making things really hard for him is way out of line. I think you should put yourself in his shoes and look at what matters most.

Also, unless I'm mistaken, I don't think he ever said he is 100% going to kill the dog. So you're arguing a possibility while treating it like the endgame.

He is treating it like the end game......look at this posts.

"OMG I stayed up all night crying because I knew he'd be leaving us soon"

"I just don't think I can keep him....."

etc

etc

etc.....

if he is truly a dog person, if he truly loved the dog and treated it like a member of family, he'd then do whatever he could to help him. Instead, he's clearly writing him off before exploring all the options..

You're 100% misinterpreting what Jason is saying.

Just because he needs to leave his house doesn't mean he's going to die. He IS doing whatever he can to help him. What do you think the Corgi rescue organization is? It's a way to NOT have to kill him. He hasn't written the dog off at all. The only surefire decision he's made is that the dog can't be around his children.

Jason isn't a cruel man. He doesn't want to kill the dog, like you appear to be saying.

He doesn't want to kill the dog????

Lets see some of his direct quotes from this thread....

It's sad because he'll probably end up getting put down

He has to go unfortunately

As much as i love him, he is NOT safe to have around children or people.

Today was so freaking hard! I got to work 12 hours on pretty much no sleep, in pretty good pain and just devastated that he won't just be gone from my life but that I might not be able to find a home for him and he could be put down. Then I got to go home and have the fun really start!

He said he'll try and find a suitablee home but most likely we will just have to have him put down

EDIT: and your corgi bites the bigger dog because he steps on him all the time. You said that yourself, that hurts man.....I don't blame him for getting mad at the dog.

You're clearly confusing "want to" and "have to".

Jason - just ignore this d-o-u-c-h-e. He obviously doesn't have children and certainly doesn't understand the emotional and physical pain you are feeling over this. Do what you have to and no regrets.

OP, have you tried posting him on Craigslist?

"Free to a good home - Welsh Corgi that just damn near bit my face off. Hope you have better luck than I did."

That is a super idea.

"Free to a good home - Welsh Corgi that just damn near bit my face off. Hope you have better luck than I did."

That is a super idea.

Although its unclear at the moment, you would hope that OP would have a little more 'tact' than you do.

That is a super idea.

Although its unclear at the moment, you would hope that OP would have a little more 'tact' than you do.

Even better, he could "tactfully" give the dog away, and not disclose its biting tendencies. Then, if he lived close enough, he could see the story of the new family being bitten by the dog, before he got served with the lawsuit. :golfclap:

That is a super idea.

Even better, he could "tactfully" give the dog away, and not disclose its biting tendencies. Then, if he lived close enough, he could see the story of the new family being bitten by the dog, before he got served with the lawsuit. :golfclap:

well....then he'd just be dumb to set himself up like that......tact doesn't imply lying.