• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Registry Additions - Fall 2011

180 posts in this topic

Hey guys and gals, I PMd Dear Sweet Gemma about this and she got back to me stating, (paraphrasing here) I don't know of a good spot for this one, ask the Boardies in the Registry Section what they they think of possible, proper location.

My question pertains to George of the Jungle #1 (2/69) from Gold Key. (I just picked up a sweet copy at WW Chicago and it slabbed out a 9.6)

Now it technically can't go into the "Gold Key One Shots," because there is a #2 from 10/69. Hence not a one shot.

The first appearance of George and only other appearance that I'm aware of in comics was from America's Best TV Comics, prior in 1967. Personally, Three books is kinda pointless as far as I'm concerned to warrant a new Set for Ol "WATCH OUT FOR THAT TREE," Guy.

Anybody have any thoughts on the matter for Gemma? Im open to suggestions and open to the possibility of getting shot down on a spot in a Set for my book. (just be gentle)

Regards,

Eric

The General Electric promotional comics (some refer to them as the GE Adventures in Science series) from the 40's - 60's (about 20-30 comics total that I know of and most of these are one-shots) that included titles such as:

Adventures in Electricity - 7 issues from 1945-1949

Adventures in Electronics from 1955

Adventures in Jet Power from 1950

Adventures in Jet Power from 1955

Adventure into the Future from 1952

Adventures Inside the Atom from 1948

Conquerers of Space from 1961

Electricity Around Us from 1953

Inside the Atom from 1955

Land of Plenty from 1952

Man Made Magic from 1953

More Power to America Special from 1950

Network of Power from 1953

The Story of Light from 1954

The Story of Light from 1962

There may be some that I have missed, but this is a significant chunk of them.

Thanks so much!

icculus/Gemma,

I like the idea of just a 3 issue set for George of the Jungle (George of the Jungle 1-2 Gold Key from 1969 and America's Best TV Comics from 1967). It wouldn't be the smallest set on the registry as Spectacular Spider-Man Magazine (1968) is a 2 issue set that many people (myself included) are quite satisfied with.

I vote give this crazy jungle man his own 3 issue set! He rarely appears in comics and unless you create a new super size set that includes all of our favorite jungle peeps across all publishers (Tarzan, Ka-Zar, Kraven, Sheena, etc.) to add him to I think this is the only way to go!

Peace!

In the registry, as far as points go, why are QUALIFIED books worth nearly as much as UNIVERSAL books? Seems odd to me when in reality, price wise, there's a huge difference.

hm I'd like to see which set you're talking about, seeing as I have come close to complaining about the opposite lol

Hey guys and gals, I PMd Dear Sweet Gemma about this and she got back to me stating, (paraphrasing here) I don't know of a good spot for this one, ask the Boardies in the Registry Section what they they think of possible, proper location.

My question pertains to George of the Jungle #1 (2/69) from Gold Key. (I just picked up a sweet copy at WW Chicago and it slabbed out a 9.6)

Now it technically can't go into the "Gold Key One Shots," because there is a #2 from 10/69. Hence not a one shot.

The first appearance of George and only other appearance that I'm aware of in comics was from America's Best TV Comics, prior in 1967. Personally, Three books is kinda pointless as far as I'm concerned to warrant a new Set for Ol "WATCH OUT FOR THAT TREE," Guy.

Anybody have any thoughts on the matter for Gemma? Im open to suggestions and open to the possibility of getting shot down on a spot in a Set for my book. (just be gentle)

Regards,

Eric

I had one of the two George of the Jungle issues when I was small. It's probably in a landfill somewhere in Georgia.

A three issue set isn't uncommon, though.

In the registry, as far as points go, why are QUALIFIED books worth nearly as much as UNIVERSAL books? Seems odd to me when in reality, price wise, there's a huge difference.

hm I'd like to see which set you're talking about, seeing as I have come close to complaining about the opposite lol

I'd say it depends on HOW it's qualified. A book with an unwitnessed signature isn't a big deal. A book with the cover detached is something else.

I'd say it depends on HOW it's qualified. A book with an unwitnessed signature isn't a big deal. A book with the cover detached is something else.

Right now there's no differentiation between the various types of Qualified books in the Registry - there's only one Qualified score for each book. Just like there's only one score for a SS book (no matter how many signatures the book has).

Tsimanga is right - it looks like Qualified books in general get 85% of the points that a Universal label book commands. That's waaaayyy too high when you consider what Q books actually sell for.

Well you three I appreciate the feedback!! George of the Jungle might find a home after all.

I guess we will see if any others have opinions on the matter and await Gemma's ultimate decision.

Best,

Eric

Count me in (voting 'yes' for creating a new George of the Jungle set)

Well you three I appreciate the feedback!! George of the Jungle might find a home after all.

I guess we will see if any others have opinions on the matter and await Gemma's ultimate decision.

Best,

Eric

Count me in (voting 'yes' for creating a new George of the Jungle set)

:foryou: