• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tth2's trip down memory lane

587 posts in this topic

I just wrapped up the sale of the bulk of my remaining JLAs, which means I'm now pretty much down to my Adventure/Legion run and some odds and ends DCs, Gold Keys and Dells.

Taking a look at the list of stuff I'd sold made me a bit wistful, as it was, for a brief period of time, not a bad little collection. It was never a massive collection, and complete runs were always going to be a fantasy, but it was a lot of fun putting together.

So if you'll indulge me, over the next few weeks or so I'm going to post a couple of books a day from what I've sold over the last 5 years or so (to the extent I have scans).

We'll start with the A's, which means Atom, in reverse order:

Atom #15, a surprisingly tough book to find in high grade, even after all these years.

atom15.jpg

Atom #14, a book that at one point seemed to be by far the most common high grade early Atom. Back in the early days of the 21st century, It seemed like there was a nice copy up on eBay every week. I haven't noticed too many copies for sale in recent years, though.

atom14.jpg

This should be fun.

I'm in. :popcorn:

First time I've ever seen you start a thread.

Those pesky newbs, blocking him at every turn. :pullhair:

Those Atoms are gorgeous copies. I've always been a fan of the character primarily due to the unparralleled art of Gil Kane. I met him at Comic-Con back in the early ninties. One of the nicest men you'd ever want to meet. He spoke with me at length over lunch at the Wendys restaurant just up the street from the Convention Center. I offered to buy lunch. He would have none of it. He bought me lunch and appreciated the fact that I was and still am a big fan. When I saw the obit in the Los Angeles Times back in 2000 I shed a tear. I've been to temple maybe five or six times over the last twenty years: once for Don Drysdale once for Jack Kirby, once for Yitzhak Rabin, once for John Hartford and once for Gil Kane. May they all RIP.

SLR

To post all the pictures of books I've sold from my private collection the past five years would be too painful a pill to swallow...

I agree. I delete the scans from my server as soon as they are sold. I hate to be reminded.

Tim is a brave, brave man.

To post all the pictures of books I've sold from my private collection the past five years would be too painful a pill to swallow...

I agree. I delete the scans from my server as soon as they are sold. I hate to be reminded.

Oh please, I delete your posts so I don't get depressed over all the stuff I cant afford! lol

Oh please, I delete your posts so I don't get depressed over all the stuff I cant afford! lol

lol