• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DAMN DIRTY APES!!!

66 posts in this topic

Just came back from seeing the latest Planet of the Apes movie and it was great...lots of action and a well done plot! Highly recommend it! (thumbs u (thumbs u

I loved the origin of Caeser and how he chose his own name from the original Roddy McDowal Planet of the Apes 70s movie. Will be hard to beat that movie without the :banana: circus trainer from "Fantasy Island" Ricardo Montalbalm (sp?).

I am actually excited to see this movie.

It's basically a remake of 'Conquest of the Planet of the Apes' which, in spite of the low budget and HORRIBLE, embarasing tacked on ending, was the smartest Ape movie excepting the original Charlton Heston classic.

Next Saturday, a rare date night. I will be seeing it.

I am actually excited to see this movie.

It's basically a remake of 'Conquest of the Planet of the Apes' which, in spite of the low budget and HORRIBLE, embarasing tacked on ending, was the smartest Ape movie excepting the original Charlton Heston classic.

Next Saturday, a rare date night. I will be seeing it.

mod button hit

Ape movies ranked:

1) The original Charlton Heston classic. One of the smartest, best-acted movies ever and on my top 5 island movies. Contains 3-4 best all-time movie moments.

2) Conquest....flawed, absolutely. But there's a darkness there that hurts and Roddy Mcdowell and Ricardo Montalban were fantastic. Where else can someone say the word 'slightly' and it stays with me for 30 years.....that's tough. Oscar worthy performaces from both.

3) Escape....Great fun....humorous and heart-breaking. Killer movie. Again, Roddy McDowell shines.

4) Beneath....the unwanted fight between Chuck and James Franciscus alone is worth the price of admission..

5) "Ape shall not kill ape". Eh.

6) Tim Burton's remake....Love Tim Burton. Ed Wood, Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice, Mars Attacks, Nightmare B4 Christmas, etc......But this movie blew. Bad.

But I love me some ape movies.

I had so much fun watching it. More than Captain America.

Those apes were awesome.. It was all Draco Malfoy's fault they got pissed..

The Draco Malfoy actor has the "I'm a sniveling screw up cowardly bully" role down to a T. Talk about being type cast.

Dang and my husband wants to go to the movies tomorrow/today..

Captian America or Apes..decisions dang it..

See them both! (thumbs u