• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Threatening PM's.
3 3

767 posts in this topic

and they didn't mean to insult you or belittle you. Maybe it was mistimed humour, but they certainly didn't mean ill :foryou:

Oh, but they most certainly did. They'd probably admit it, too.

:( I don't believe that for a second. They were definitely teasing, but why would they actually want to hurt Mark's feelings?

Good question.

I come here to enjoy the company and to see some wonderful comics. If I was so troubled with everything, I'd walk away for a bit and read a book.

A good signature line for almost anyone. :sumo:

From Liaton-9000:

Cal: I can't say I understand your apparent dislike to those who don't give CGC their money... I think you have a good point overall, but it's not fair to say that collectors who don't collect CGC books should be banned from the forum. It took me over a year after joining to finally send books to them, and while I had a slightly rough and very noobish start, I don't think anyone ever wanted me off the forum (please correct me of I'm wrong, I can handle it )

There was no intent or dislike of those who don't send in submissions...

One quick analogy of a good example...

There is a great Sports betting Forum. Costs $155 to join. If you place a bet, just ONE bet worth $100, you are a paid member for ONE Year. You get to post, interact with each other.

The ONLY bad thing I can ever recall was when two guys got in a semi-flame-war over the Chicago Bears over the others' Green Bay Packers. Both were warned by the Mods, they stopped.

I been there for close to 10 years, and I have yet to see the stuff over there that goes on here.

I will do a separate Thread sometime soon that will detail my position of having a paid membership here, and in my mind I believe that this is the SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM. There are many that already have a problem with me stating my solution to the problem, but I need to convince the top brass, not those who are angered by me even starting the Cal's Column. My solution, modeled after that sports forum that will refer to when the time comes, would stop 99% of the trolling. Oh, you can't even hijack a Thread over there, they just delete and give you a warning. So many warnings, you're out, no refunds. I find it hard to believe that the trolls are gonna pay $155 a year to post here.

BTW, I am in the works of getting a Movie site started. I am loking into a membership program so I won't have to have or pay a Moderator.

CAL with big plans...

Seriously, a lot of newbies are not trolls..some just come here to find out info about comic books or because of interest in CGCs services..so they would lose this new interest/business if they required monies for someone to post..that wouldn't make any sense..

if you want a private club you could start your own..but it would be lonely and you would miss the variety of truly good folks who post here

I like some of the newer members like Darth Ominus /Sulphur Server he is pretty cool and does art and stuff collects comics and all around nice guy

For every 5 of those so maybe a shill comes back..but this board is mostly pretty good at outing the tools..

I'm going to leave it at this...

I changed it before I even saw FT or your idiotic posts trying to cause an argument.

Fact is...guys like you who hide behind computer screens can't see the forest for the trees.

You attack the very people who actually try to make this community a true community. Instead of going after the real problems of this board you go after people who actually contribute and try to enjoy this place.

It's a sport to you and to F_T and others to attack those who didn't happen to join the forum before 2010.

You can try to attack me on things like changing my post to make it more clear or other superfluous innocuous and benign issues.

I happen to know the answer already. Because you are so inept in your own little lives that the only thing that makes you feel better is to attack others. To try and find every minute detail that could make someone look bad...you get off on it.

That to me is pathetic.

So go on....focus on other issues that have nothing to do with the fact Comicdonna had his life threatened. That's not important...what's important is that I changed a few words in my post to make it more clear so fools like you don't try to attack me for it.

Newer members have to walk on egg shells in this place every time they post something because the lame post nazi's like yourself have to jump all over them for it.

I feel sad for people like you. Get a life and focus on what is important in this forum. Attacking others for innocent mistakes is beyond lame. It just shows how sad you are.

woman_crying_m.jpg

Oh that's right you "happen to know some police officers who are close friends."

Maybe you can tell them a bunch of "Nazi's" on a comics board are being mean to you :ohnoez:

Yep, stop posting pics of your mom after she gave birth to you. It's really not a nice image of her.

She just found out she bought a dupe of Journey Into Mystery 96.

I think you have a great idea Cal, and I respect all the views you have here. That being said, I personally can't even afford to pay $155 a year on books sometimes, so if a fee over about $10 a month (like GPA) is implemented here, I don't think I'd be able to stay here. :(

I guess I have not helped comicdonna's cause here.... the focus got diverted several times from several of us and other topics I am concerned with will be detailed and open for further discussion on a separate thread.

So let's close this out, all agree that the threats against comicdonna, and anyone else, has got to stop.

We are behind comicdonna and that should be the main point.

CAL the gatekeeper

I personally don't see a problem with the boards asking a small fee for joining the forum and for posting in the sales forum especially. Some forums i've seen is $25 a year.

I'm not one for paying extra money but if it means getting rid of the riff raff, random shills and scam artists who join the forum only to go to the sales forum...I'm all for it.

There is another forum I belong to that has a waiting list to get into. That forum actually has some talented (famous) artists interacting with the members and it doesn't turn into a hate fest like it does here.

Other forums have differing opinions and even heated discussions but i've yet to see any other forum that stoops to the levels that happen here. Certainly i've never seen anyone ever claim they were threatened to be beat up or killed.

It's unfortunate and embarrassing as a comic collector/hobbyist.

I don't know what the solution is but I know all this fighting ends up causing what happened to ComicDonna. It ticks me off to think people go so far in this place. :(

Edited by Mark 1

I guess I have not helped comicdonna's cause here.... the focus got diverted several times from several of us and other topics I am concerned with will be detailed and open for further discussion on a separate thread.

So let's close this out, all agree that the threats against comicdonna, and anyone else, has got to stop.

We are behind comicdonna and that should be the main point.

CAL the gatekeeper

Bottom Line Cal is that this is not the only forum for the Collectors Society. You have Coins and Comics. Also CGC would never charge for us to talk about the hobby. That being said it's up to the Mods to handle the issues which includes Threats. Hopefully they have banned the offending member... this being said it is time to close the door and throw away the key on this thread :rulez:

We all have issues, I got a PM from someone the other day saying I was mean to them. :acclaim:

Some people see the glass as half full, for some it is half empty...and for a few, it cracked in half last week and everything leaked out...

I figure it makes life interesting to have different viewpoints...all vanilla could get boring.

:o

We all have issues, I got a PM from someone the other day saying I was mean to them. :acclaim:

Now, who could that have been? hm

Was it you, Mr Meany :sumo:

No, if it were me, I would have gotten a PM from skypinkblu saying I was mean to her. I'm the aggressor, not the aggrieved.

:troll:

Seriously, a lot of newbies are not trolls..some just come here to find out info about comic books or because of interest in CGCs services..so they would lose this new interest/business if they required monies for someone to post..that wouldn't make any sense..

if you want a private club you could start your own..but it would be lonely and you would miss the variety of truly good folks who post here

I like some of the newer members like Darth Ominus /Sulphur Server he is pretty cool and does art and stuff collects comics and all around nice guy

For every 5 of those so maybe a shill comes back..but this board is mostly pretty good at outing the tools..

:shy:

:foryou:

and they didn't mean to insult you or belittle you. Maybe it was mistimed humour, but they certainly didn't mean ill :foryou:

:( I don't believe that for a second. They were definitely teasing, but why would they actually want to hurt Mark's feelings?

Unfortunately Mark brings a lot of this on himself by the way he reacts to it. If certain types of people know they can get a rise out of someone they will continue to poke and prod. It doesn't help that Mark comes off as oversensitive...he seems like a nice enough guy.

I really enjoy getting this kind of PM.

"donna i'll put a bullet in your head"

Really? At what point do the moderators review registration before accepting someone as a member here?

They have more important mess to take care of.

Like banning me for a month for talking politics. A plaguing problem that they seem to have no issues with as long as I'm not taking part in the conversations.

Really? At what point do the moderators review registration before accepting someone as a member here?

Like banning me for a month for talking politics. A plaguing problem that they seem to have no issues with as long as I'm not taking part in the conversations.

I consider every PM from you to be threatening. :foryou:

I consider every PM from you to be threatening. :foryou:

:foryou:

Unfortunately Mark brings a lot of this on himself by the way he reacts to it. If certain types of people know they can get a rise out of someone they will continue to poke and prod. It doesn't help that Mark comes off as oversensitive...he seems like a nice enough guy.

I am nice, but..

Overly sensitive or am I just really tired of the constant nit picking, snide comments and assuming everyone knows every ounce of 10+ years of history here?

Contrary to what some older members here think...not every post from me and other newer members has something to do with some past thread here or agenda. I made a "mistake" by not clarifying I meant CAL in my initial post and suddenly I have two or three guys on my tail making comments, I then edit my post which isn't even a big deal, more BS ensues, then when I stand up for myself...I'm a cry baby, drama queen, etc.

To some i'm too sensitive...perhaps I am. Whatever...and I am a nice enough guy without an agenda. I'm too naive to all these years of forum horse poo to really give a rat azz.

It's all BS. And I'll be totally open...I've had a really bad day today and this stuff didn't help at all.

What matters is that a nice guy here is getting threats and instead of banning known members for political comments...how about we focus on getting rid of the scammers and shills?

Edited by Mark 1