• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2012, July 12-15, San Diego, CA

509 posts in this topic

So any guesses how many 4-day + preview passes actually were available for sale today during the 2nd chance? After clocking in at precisely 8 a.m., got in around the #3xxx mark in the waiting queue and still only had the chance to get Thursday and/or Sunday tickets.

So any guesses how many 4-day + preview passes actually were available for sale today during the 2nd chance? After clocking in at precisely 8 a.m., got in around the #3xxx mark in the waiting queue and still only had the chance to get Thursday and/or Sunday tickets.

4400 in line and all TIX sold out. What a friend told me.

I tried and couldn't get in que. Once we did. It was already locked out. At 8am sharp and no entry for tix.

I was lucky. At 8 AM, I tried to log in and couldn't, so I hit F5 many times until I made it into the line. I snagged two tickets for Sunday. It is amazing that getting a couple of tickets for one day can generate so much excitement. I feel bad for those who got shut out, but there will be one more chance after May 15.

Hotel block is open

Finished my request at 9:04 AM

Listed the following hotels in order.

1. Marriott Marquis

2. Hilton Bayfront

3. Marriott Gaslamp Quarter

4. Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter

5. Manchester Grand Hyatt

6. Omni San Diego

7. Westin Gaslamp

8. Hard Rock Hotel

9. Embassy Suites

10. Holiday Inn on the Bay

Let's see what I get. Last year I was waitlisted but ended up in the Holiday Inn by the Bay.

Hotel block is open

1. Marriott Marquis

2. Hilton Bayfront

6. Omni San Diego

7. Westin Gaslamp

8. Hard Rock Hotel

9. Embassy Suites

Let's see what I get. Last year I was waitlisted but ended up in the Holiday Inn by the Bay.

Your list is very close to mine, same top pick even. I may have been a minute or two slower than you, but I was getting through it so fast that I did not double check my information, type of room, days, e-mail address and etc. Hopefully I put it all in there correctly! We should know by this Sunday what we got! Good luck!

Hotel block is open

1. Marriott Marquis

2. Hilton Bayfront

6. Omni San Diego

7. Westin Gaslamp

8. Hard Rock Hotel

9. Embassy Suites

Your list is very close to mine, same top pick even. I may have been a minute or two slower than you, but I was getting through it so fast that I did not double check my information, type of room, days, e-mail address and etc. Hopefully I put it all in there correctly! We should know by this Sunday what we got! Good luck!

Yeah, I went through it fast as well. Hopefully I didn't screw up. I had my list ready to go based on distance to the con. The top two are pricey, but the convienance factor makes up for it.

I'm curious as how much each of these hotels will charge per night. I didn't bother waiting for these hotels to open their registration lines, I booked my hotel (avg $275/night, downtown) as soon as I got my con tickets. I've heard stories of how there is no vacancy in the City during Con week and the latecomers have to pay an arm and a leg for accommodations.

I'm curious as how much each of these hotels will charge per night. I didn't bother waiting for these hotels to open their registration lines, I booked my hotel (avg $275/night, downtown) as soon as I got my con tickets. I've heard stories of how there is no vacancy in the City during Con week and the latecomers have to pay an arm and a leg for accommodations.

The downtown hotels close to the con are $225 - $290 a night through the SDCC booking.

When you get a mile out they can be $175 - $225 a night.

Hotel Circle is where you get the bargains but you are 5 miles away.

During con week if you try to get a hotel you can spend anywhere from $400 - $600 a night for a standard room, even more. I think I remember seeing a room at the Hard Rock for $900 a night.

Hotel block is open

1. Marriott Marquis

2. Hilton Bayfront

6. Omni San Diego

7. Westin Gaslamp

8. Hard Rock Hotel

9. Embassy Suites

I did mine in about the same amount of time. Last year I think I was a bit slower and got my 3rd choice. Here's my list:

Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter

Hilton San Diego Bayfront

Manchester Grand Hyatt

San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter

San Diego Marriott Marquis and Marina

Hard Rock Hotel San Diego

Horton Grand Hotel

Omni San Diego Hotel

Westin Gaslamp Quarter

Hotel Solamar

Residence Inn Gaslamp Quarter

Embassy Suites San Diego Bay

Andaz San Diego

The US Grant San Diego

W San Diego

Westin San Diego

I wasn't as organized and submitted mine at about 910. Marriot Marquis was also my 1st choice. I provided a list of all 20. In the end I'll probably be happy with any of them, as they're all in Gaslamp (so walking distance).

The hotels gouge so much that the Motel 6 in Hotel Circle is $200 a night during Comic Con. You don't want to wait til the week of, but booking direct ahead of time isn't that much more than con rates sometimes. The hidden gem is going south to national city and driving up or taking the trolley. Going north from downtown, rates don't drop for miles bit so far going south it's better.

Of course I'm sure by me saying this it's goin to change or be wrong by now. :) I'm just glad I live 15 min from downtown. :)

Ironically, for those of you that spend most of your time in Halls E-H, the Hilton gas lamp, omni, and hard rock are closer than the Marriott marquis. Even Hilton bay front is a closer walk for some folks than Marriott or Hyatt.

Hope you all get your top requests. Anything except holiday inn by the bay. Ugh that place is the worst IMHO.

Yeah the Hilton Bayfront is ideal for people looking to spend most of their time in panels, and over by artist allet.

Marriot Marquis is great for Comic Buyers since it's on that side of the convention.

Since I don't do Panels the Marriott is my #1 choice.

I'm more of a comics guy and never go to hall h but the bay front is so nice and I think still closer than the Hyatt to dealers. Hyatt is where I've been last 3 years.