• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2012, July 12-15, San Diego, CA

509 posts in this topic

Has anyone received notice of their confirmed hotel?

nothing yet. taking comfort only in the fact that I don't know anybody else who has gotten notice either. It's supposed to be today -- I hope there isn't a comic-con snafu where it doesn't get done today and they don't say anything because they will have a hard time containing the geek freak out that happens the later in the day it gets.

nothing yet. taking comfort only in the fact that I don't know anybody else who has gotten notice either. It's supposed to be today -- I hope there isn't a comic-con snafu where it doesn't get done today and they don't say anything because they will have a hard time containing the geek freak out that happens the later in the day it gets.

Right, especially since we have to confirm the reservation in 48 hours and I'm about to go on a spring break cruise with my wife and kids

It's all voodoo to me. My cousin and I put in the same choices. I was in at 7 minutes after it started, he was in 3 minutes ahead of me. I didn't get any of my 17 choices, and they wanted to place me at Sea World. He got our first choice. So, I'm relieved, and happy with where I'll be staying, but did the three minutes make that much of a difference?

Just got my email.

Marriott Marquis

:banana:

I will be there as well!!!!

Well, I did not get any of my top 11 picks, but I did hit the box that would put me at the next closest, and I was booked at The Residence Inn, one mile from the convention center. Not ideal, but much better than the Motel 6 I booked way in advance as a backup.

I got my second choice at the bayfront Hilton. Much closer to the con and artists alley than the Hyatt where I usually stay. Now I can drop my backup out at hotel circle.

Don't forget to put your deposits in within 48 hours.

I wonder if people booking 4 or more nights got priority over people booking less days?

That might be true. Someone staying thurs Friday for example completely eliminates the possibility for someone who wants wed to mon to stay in the same room. If it were me I would give preference to 5 nights vs 2 regardless of a 6 second difference in date stamps.

OK know this is ridiculous silly question but does anyone know of like any contest that people will be having for tickets, radio stations, etc? or does that ever happen with SDCC tickets?

Yes, last year I won a 4 day pass but couldn't go. .There are usually a few sites that have a contest .This year will probably be the hardest to win since the whole world wants to go . Follow this stuff on twitter,look for hash tags SDCC,comic con and there's a few more.

OK know this is ridiculous silly question but does anyone know of like any contest that people will be having for tickets, radio stations, etc? or does that ever happen with SDCC tickets?

Yes, last year I won a 4 day pass but couldn't go. .There are usually a few sites that have a contest .This year will probably be the hardest to win since the whole world wants to go . Follow this stuff on twitter,look for hash tags SDCC,comic con and there's a few more.

Someone pointed to a contest on the entertainment weekly site. you might check there. It revolved around Game of Thrones if that helps.

I got a marketing email from Bill Cole that said if would work part time for them, they would hook you up with a pass. You could check there too.