• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CONAN the Barbarian 3D...

85 posts in this topic

I gotta say that the previews Ive seen look HORRIBLE!

I LOVE the original, one of the all-time great movies in history with just perfect casting. Why they felt the need to remake a movie as awesome as Conan is beyond me ???

Arnold Schwarznegger enunciated like he had a donkey schlong stuck in his mouth for the whole movie!

He could barely speak english, and because of it, came off as stupid, which Conan the character certainly was not.

Schwarzenegger got the role because he was a roided up bodybuilder. He had the physique of Conan. He "looked" the part. But he also had trouble acting his way out of a paper bag.

He also did not have characteristics of the Cimmerian race. Did not have black hair and blue eyes.

I think the role of Conan is practically uncastable, because your average master thespian is not going to look like a muscular barbarian.

Now we have a Hawaiian Conan directed by one of the worst directors in feature film (Marcus Nispel) doh!

Oh well... hopefully it will motivate some people to read some Howard.

Its on right now! Top ten for me. Best soundtrack, best bloodshed, and Max Von Sydow. I love Subothai.

No, it obviously sucked :eyeroll:

If you didn't think the original was AWESOME, you're either :screwy: or wrapped WAYYYYY to tight around the books (thumbs u

2nd best movie of ALL-TIME for me behind Braveheart (worship)

They had a lot of 3-d trailers when we saw "Harry Potter Deathly Hallows" in 3-d. This one looked horrible.

We saw several that made us want to go see the movies portrayed. But Conan just looked all wrong.

Arnold Schwarznegger enunciated like he had a donkey schlong stuck in his mouth for the whole movie!

He could barely speak english, and because of it, came off as stupid, which Conan the character certainly was not.

He also did not have characteristics of the Cimmerian race. Did not have black hair and blue eyes.

Cimmerians probably really don't speak english, I think that accounts for the donkey "schlong".

Had they thought his hair color was an issue they could have dyed it, hollywood might have had painless colored contacts available by then as well. Not Ahnold's fault they didn't pay attention to those small details.

At least now we have a conan movie with dialogue, not the silent movie that was the original.

I like movies for guys, meaning, that acting, casting, plot are secondary to action in movies for guys who like movies, and I'll judge this movie on the merits of action when I see it. *spoon* the critics.

The first trailer with the boy Conan is much better than the second.

Maybe what's hurting these trailers is the obnoxious rock music scored over them? Not that I'm a fan of most types of music, I just don't understand why every action/fight film no matter what the era has to have loud modern rock scored over it.

Mixed bag. The clip wih the young Conan protecting the egg in the footrace looks downright badass.

The original Ahhnold version for me is the standard, but I am sure I am looking thru rose colored glasses. Saw it as a child, loved it then, and the movie carries with it that magic.