• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which site would you consider #1 for buying CGC books

Which site is #1 for buying CGC books  

555 members have voted

1. 1. Which site is #1 for buying CGC books

201 posts in this topic

I only purchase off these threads, no buyer premium. (thumbs u

Thank you. It's this bizarre attitude that keeps you and a handful of other confused collectors from bidding on Heritage and allows me to acquire books at below-market prices. (thumbs u

I bid on Heritage and get books from them but it seems like i always pay above market price once the BP is factored in. I'm sure i dont buy nearly as many books from them as you, i think ive only bought maybe 5-6 from them, but every one of them i paid over gpa.

Books i REALLY want, like the TC Avengers 93, i'm fine paying over gpa but most of the other books i bid on there end up too high for me with the BP and i end up as one of the underbidders (shrug)

From the list of Marvel Silver I'm looking for...I have yet to see one book sell on Heritage for below GPA ( or cheaper than elsewhere for that matter )

Perhaps that's because, unlike sales on Comiclink, the sales on Heritage are reported to GPA, and so once a comic is sold there it SETS THE PRICE of the last recorded GPA sale.

This thread make Hulk head hurt.

One thing i REALLY hate about the Heritage Sunday auctions is that every book ends at exactly the same time. I'll never for the life of me understand why its set up that way. It definitely severely limits the number of books i'll bid on. I dont know which ones i'll win and cant bid on later books if i miss out on earlier ones like i can on Comiclink

Thank you. It's this bizarre attitude that keeps you and a handful of other confused collectors from bidding on Heritage and allows me to acquire books at below-market prices. (thumbs u

I bid on Heritage and get books from them but it seems like i always pay above market price once the BP is factored in. I'm sure i dont buy nearly as many books from them as you, i think ive only bought maybe 5-6 from them, but every one of them i paid over gpa.

Books i REALLY want, like the TC Avengers 93, i'm fine paying over gpa but most of the other books i bid on there end up too high for me with the BP and i end up as one of the underbidders (shrug)

From the list of Marvel Silver I'm looking for...I have yet to see one book sell on Heritage for below GPA ( or cheaper than elsewhere for that matter )

Perhaps that's because, unlike sales on Comiclink, the sales on Heritage are reported to GPA, and so once a comic is sold there it SETS THE PRICE of the last recorded GPA sale.

At the moment, I'm after a very select list of books...and wherever a copy from that list shows up (be it ebay, CL or Heritage etc) I take note of final sale price. I keep tabs of the last 5 sales of each book for each web site. I find better bargains elsewhere than on Heritage.

Huh? What does that have to do with whether or not the price for a book goes above or below GPA?

Unless you compare the prices you've paid on Heritage with historical GPA prices rather than the last recorded sale, you will never find a Heritage buy below GPA.

Having purchased many, many books from Heritage at prices below GPA averages, I assume this must be the flawed approach that leads others to believe their Heritage purchases aren't ever priced below GPA.

Main reason I don't venture too far from these boards or ebay is, I only have 1,500$ a month or so to spend on comics. I feel like my money wouldn't go as far on an auction site.
$1500.. I have 1/10th of that. This conversation is over! :sumo:

Huh? What does that have to do with whether or not the price for a book goes above or below GPA?

Unless you examine the prices paid on Heritage with historical GPA prices rather than the last recorded sale, you will never find a Heritage buy below GPA.

Having purchased many, many books from Heritage at prices below GPA averages, I assume this must be the flawed approach that leads others to believe their Heritage purchases aren't ever priced below GPA.

Oh, ok. I thought when Peter said "below GPA", he was referring to the 90 day average.

Main reason I don't venture too far from these boards or ebay is, I only have 1,500$ a month or so to spend on comics. I feel like my money wouldn't go as far on an auction site.

lol

I spend it in a week here. :makepoint:

Umm. You spend 6K a month here.. I am thinking within 1 year you will regret this on an epic scale. Unless you have figured out the art of the flip beyond a foolkiller/october level.

Main reason I don't venture too far from these boards or ebay is, I only have 1,500$ a month or so to spend on comic. I feel like my money wouldn't go as far on an auction site.

Huh?

Theres a book in the For sale section right now for well over $1400. The same book (same grade but ow/w instead of w PQ)sold in the Clink auction last night for $805 (thumbs u

$1500 is a very good amount to spend a month.

My dealer of choice. I just havent had money in a year. #2 dealer of choice is New Force Comics. New Force gets $100.00 a month from me anyways for my new books, but Rick has the goods with back issues.

Umm. You spend 6K a month here.. I am thinking within 1 year you will regret this on an epic scale. Unless you have figured out the art of the flip beyond a foolkiller/october level.
No I will never break 1,5k in a month on comics. I just said its gone in a week.

the BP that heritage charges is a deal breaker, that's why i like comic connect too. just sayin'.

how does this make any sense? the max you want to pay for a book is $100, you bid $83.68.

your logic doesn't make sense. when you see what the book is at, and then you see the BP, that's money you're spending for just bidding on the book. greed is not good all the time, they're making money from the seller and the buyer. eff that!

Well, they're in business to make money, just like Ebay, Comiclink, Pedigree, and 3/4 of the "collectors" around here, pressing and flipping books. It's all about the bling.

All you have to do is bid what you're willing to pay w/the buyer's premium, and it doesn't affect you. (shrug)

Main reason I don't venture too far from these boards or ebay is, I only have 1,500$ a month or so to spend on comic. I feel like my money wouldn't go as far on an auction site.

Huh?

Theres a book in the For sale section right now for well over $1400. The same book (same grade but ow/w instead of w PQ)sold in the Clink auction last night for $805 (thumbs u

Could be seller gets lucky and finds an unaware buyer....