• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which site would you consider #1 for buying CGC books

Which site is #1 for buying CGC books  

555 members have voted

1. 1. Which site is #1 for buying CGC books

201 posts in this topic

Main reason I don't venture too far from these boards or ebay is, I only have 1,500$ a month or so to spend on comic. I feel like my money wouldn't go as far on an auction site.

Huh?

Theres a book in the For sale section right now for well over $1400. The same book (same grade but ow/w instead of w PQ)sold in the Clink auction last night for $805 (thumbs u

Could be seller gets lucky and finds an unaware buyer....

That is called ripping someone off.

Main reason I don't venture too far from these boards or ebay is, I only have 1,500$ a month or so to spend on comic. I feel like my money wouldn't go as far on an auction site.

Huh?

Theres a book in the For sale section right now for well over $1400. The same book (same grade but ow/w instead of w PQ)sold in the Clink auction last night for $805 (thumbs u

I'd refer to it as "a fool and his money"...

Huh?

Well, the book hasn't sold so nobody has fell for it. (thumbs u

Huh?

Mine is more aggressive.. Whats the book, I have no idea.

Huh?

Mine is more aggressive.. Whats the book, I have no idea.
That cant be revealed, last time I questioned price or grade I had a thread made about me.

Huh?

Well, the book hasn't sold so nobody has fell for it. (thumbs u

I wouldnt say "ripping someone off" (tsk) The price is fairly in line with gpa.

The Clink copy went INSANELY cheap, WELL below gpa. My only point was that there are some AMAZING deals to be had with the auction houses, not just here. I buy a ton of books here also but if you keep your eyes open, you can definitely set some gpa lows in the auctions (thumbs u

Huh?

'A fool and his money are lucky to get together in the first place'

G. Gecko

You are right. I shouldnt say ripping someone off, because that may not be the case. I apologize to whoever it is. But that is a big difference in hammer prices, $600.00 is not exactly "in line". Well at least it isnt now.

His price is fair compared to the 90 day avg. The clink copy went amazingly cheap, I didn't check but it might have been the all time GPA low (thumbs u

And, it's still in line since clink doesn't report :gossip:

Huh?

'A fool and his money are lucky to get together in the first place'

G. Gecko

I like that one lol

I agree with you that you can sometimes catch stuff falling through the cracks but frankly I find the "risk/reward/workeffort" isn't worth it compared to where else I can buy material.

I find that dealer buying at auction houses is when you have a lot of money and don't want to make a lot of money unless it's something special.

the BP that heritage charges is a deal breaker, that's why i like comic connect too. just sayin'.

how does this make any sense? the max you want to pay for a book is $100, you bid $83.68.

your logic doesn't make sense. when you see what the book is at, and then you see the BP, that's money you're spending for just bidding on the book. greed is not good all the time, they're making money from the seller and the buyer. eff that!

It never ceases to amaze me how much volume they do.

It's easy from a buyer's standpoint - simply factor in the 19% vig and bid accordingly.

From the sell side, I wonder if some sellers realize HA is taking 19% seller's premium, and structuring in 19% lower bids due to the buyer's premium. Granted, big consignments get lower or no sellers premiums, but for smaller consignments, HA is grabbing a huge chunk.

I guess at the end of the day, they're probably the default option for conveniently disposing of large collections without doing too much of your own legwork. (shrug)

You are right. I shouldnt say ripping someone off, because that may not be the case. I apologize to whoever it is. But that is a big difference in hammer prices, $600.00 is not exactly "in line". Well at least it isnt now.

I wouldn't say it was a rip off (and yes, I see you apologized).

Page quality makes a huge difference to some buyers. I had two identical books sell at auction (eBay) and one went for double what the other one went for. The only difference was page quality (COW vs OW).

Also, auctioned books don't always do very well. I haven't auctioned a book in almost a year for that reason.

My apologies to fellow board members who have recently launched their own web sites for not including them in the poll...

???

:insane:

Page quality makes a huge difference to some buyers. I had two identical books sell at auction (eBay) and one went for double what the other one went for. The only difference was page quality (COW vs OW).

Also, auctioned books don't always do very well. I haven't auctioned a book in almost a year for that reason.

what book are you kids talking about? (shrug)

what book are you kids talking about? (shrug)

I have no idea which book it is. I just know that page quality was mentioned and so I commented on how it very much affects the hammer price.