• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which site would you consider #1 for buying CGC books

Which site is #1 for buying CGC books  

555 members have voted

1. 1. Which site is #1 for buying CGC books

201 posts in this topic

I have no idea which book it is. I just know that page quality was mentioned and so I commented on how it very much affects the hammer price.

yep. i avoid CR/OW pages, i don't care what book it is. yes. even if it was JIM 89 CGC 9.2 and higher. :o

I have no idea which book it is. I just know that page quality was mentioned and so I commented on how it very much affects the hammer price.

yep. i avoid CR/OW pages, i don't care what book it is. yes. even if it was JIM 89 CGC 9.2 and higher. :o

Im the opposite, I could care less on page quality. As long as there is no tanning. Seriously, if the books slabbed you will likely never know (shrug)

Really, please no one even try but if you do figure out which book, don't say it!

My only point was that you can get great deals on the auction sites not that someone here is trying to rip anyone off. Someone said they have a limited budget so they buy here and don't use the auction sites so I was only trying to point out that the auctions can sometimes be much cheaper than even the boards (thumbs u

Really, please no one even try but if you do figure out which book, don't say it!

My only point was that you can get great deals on the auction sites not that someone here is trying to rip anyone off. Someone said they have a limited budget so they buy here and don't use the auction sites so I was only trying to point out that the auctions can sometimes be much cheaper than even the boards (thumbs u

I never found out, and dont care. I am not in a 1K book market anyways..

But I get some great deals at auction. I have also won books offered here at auction for less money. That part always annoys me, but it is what it is.

Main reason I don't venture too far from these boards or ebay is, I only have 1,500$ a month or so to spend on comic. I feel like my money wouldn't go as far on an auction site.

Huh?

Theres a book in the For sale section right now for well over $1400. The same book (same grade but ow/w instead of w PQ)sold in the Clink auction last night for $805 (thumbs u

Could be seller gets lucky and finds an unaware buyer....

That is called ripping someone off.

I'd have to disagree, Pat.

Just because a book sinks on CLink and somebody gets a bargain doesn't mean that every other copy should sell for the same low, low, low price.

Now, if 12 month GPA on the book is $805 from 17 recorded sales, that might be, er, aggressive pricing, but generally one sale does not make a market.

Main reason I don't venture too far from these boards or ebay is, I only have 1,500$ a month or so to spend on comic. I feel like my money wouldn't go as far on an auction site.

Huh?

Theres a book in the For sale section right now for well over $1400. The same book (same grade but ow/w instead of w PQ)sold in the Clink auction last night for $805 (thumbs u

Could be seller gets lucky and finds an unaware buyer....

That is called ripping someone off.

I'd have to disagree, Pat.

Just because a book sinks on CLink and somebody gets a bargain doesn't mean that every other copy should sell for the same low, low, low price.

Now, if 12 month GPA on the book is $805 from 17 recorded sales, that might be, er, aggressive pricing, but generally one sale does not make a market.

+1

Like I said, the book is fairly in line with 90day average. The clink copy went INSANELY cheap. No one was trying to rip anyone off and that definitely was NOT what I was trying to say. I was only saying you can find amazing deals in the auctions sometimes.

Comic buying is also a matter of convenience, gratification and timing. Sometimes, someone doesn't have the money to go hard after something they really want and then when you do come into a little extra cash, if a book you are looking for comes your way a buyer might jump on it for a slightly higher price.

I know it's happened to me where I want a book and if I happen to have the cash at the time I'll go after something knowing that I possibly could have bought it cheaper if I was more patient.

I personally buy from Comiclink, and Highgradecomics. Bob has been getting in some really killer stuff lately! Those 2 are my favorites since the selection is the best and well..it's Bob.

I got banned from Metro cause I was trash talking them on here since they answer the phone basically like jerks. I got a phone call from an emotionally insecure grown man practically in tears about my posts about them. he said "Yea you're right,we could be a bit nicer when we answer the phone" I was in the middle of buying a JIM 87 9.2 and got an email saying "Now you're not getting it" and they canceled my order in spite and banned me. They don't know what I look like so I'm free to buy at their table at a convention if I wanted too :)

:eyeroll:

Sounds like they have their panties in a bunch and cannot man-up to their own problems. They aren't worth your money.

All these dealers have a great selection, but I do,however, only buy from several.

At the moment, I'm after a very select list of books...and wherever a copy from that list shows up (be it ebay, CL or Heritage etc) I take note of final sale price. I keep tabs of the last 5 sales of each book for each web site. I find better bargains elsewhere than on Heritage.

I totally agree. I have to say though, I have personally got and seen some GREAT deals on some Four Color, Dell, Gold Key raw and slabbed books through the years with Heritage.

No one likes Pedigree Comics? Any reason? I'm just curious.

There a a few (less than positive) threads dedicated to the subject... although I have bought several books from Doug in the past and everything always went 100%

No one likes Pedigree Comics? Any reason? I'm just curious.

Pedigree's owner is an ex-lawyer, disbarred from practice due to him stealing client funds.

He has also been caught attempting to slip trimmed books past CGC in the hopes of higher grades and by his own admission, also manipulates GPA data.

Now, I don't care how nice the books are that he has, this is not the sort of individual I want in my hobby. I believe there are other people who also believe that encouraging him by giving him business is inappropriate.