• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which site would you consider #1 for buying CGC books

Which site is #1 for buying CGC books  

555 members have voted

1. 1. Which site is #1 for buying CGC books

201 posts in this topic

ComicLink is the undisputed champ across all ages/genres, despite having an archaic web interface.

+1

HGC has best watch item functionality, and you get free sarcasm with every order.

:signfunny:

No one likes Pedigree Comics? Any reason? I'm just curious.

Pedigree's owner is an ex-lawyer, disbarred from practice due to him stealing client funds.

He has also been caught attempting to slip trimmed books past CGC in the hopes of higher grades and by his own admission, also manipulates GPA data.

Now, I don't care how nice the books are that he has, this is not the sort of individual I want in my hobby. I believe there are other people who also believe that encouraging him by giving him business is inappropriate.

I've bought stuff from him before and never had an issue. However, I can see why people would be hesitant if he has that type of track record. I didn't know that about Pedigree Comics.

No one likes Pedigree Comics? Any reason? I'm just curious.

Pedigree's owner is an ex-lawyer, disbarred from practice due to him stealing client funds.

He has also been caught attempting to slip trimmed books past CGC in the hopes of higher grades and by his own admission, also manipulates GPA data.

Now, I don't care how nice the books are that he has, this is not the sort of individual I want in my hobby. I believe there are other people who also believe that encouraging him by giving him business is inappropriate.

I've bought stuff from him before and never had an issue. However, I can see why people would be hesitant if he has that type of track record. I didn't know that about Pedigree Comics.

For the right book and the right price, I'd buy from Pedigree.

Picked the wrong dealer but I always thought WorldWide consistently has a great selection and seems to be priced very reasonably.

yep. i picked WWC too since there are two which i'm banned from. lol:acclaim:

It would have to be Metro/Comic Connect and ComicLink. The others don't give a mess. Plus, who isn't banned from Clink? At this point it's passé. (shrug)

:foryou:

$1500 is a very good amount to spend a month.

My dealer of choice. I just havent had money in a year. #2 dealer of choice is New Force Comics. New Force gets $100.00 a month from me anyways for my new books, but Rick has the goods with back issues.
(worship)

I love bob too...and those 40% discounts are suwheat!!!!

I agree with you that you can sometimes catch stuff falling through the cracks but frankly I find the "risk/reward/workeffort" isn't worth it compared to where else I can buy material.

I find that dealer buying at auction houses is when you have a lot of money and don't want to make a lot of money unless it's something special.

:o

:cry:

I don't really buy from auction sites,but Bob Storms and Rick Whitelock are my main go to guys. (worship)

website ?

Gator is his board name here...he is usually over at the

Gold forum

:cloud9:

the BP that heritage charges is a deal breaker, that's why i like comic connect too. just sayin'.

how does this make any sense? the max you want to pay for a book is $100, you bid $83.68.

your logic doesn't make sense. when you see what the book is at, and then you see the BP, that's money you're spending for just bidding on the book. greed is not good all the time, they're making money from the seller and the buyer. eff that!

They're not always making money from the buyer and the seller. Anyone consigning a significant dollar value in books can get that 10% seller's vig waved.

I only purchase off these threads, no buyer premium. (thumbs u

Isn't Heritage the only one to charge Buyer's Premium ?

Maybe the only one in the poll, but certainly not the only auction house:

Morphy's Auctions 20% BP

Phillip Weiss Auctions 18% online BP, 13% BP if you're present at the auction.

Legendary Auctions 19.5%

I only purchase off these threads, no buyer premium. (thumbs u

Isn't Heritage the only one to charge Buyer's Premium ?

Maybe the only one in the poll, but certainly not the only auction house:

Morphy's Auctions 20% BP

Phillip Weiss Auctions 18% online BP, 13% BP if you're present at the auction.

Legendary Auctions 19.5%

Didn't know those... thanks. (thumbs u

Would still like to see a couple of improvements made on some of the websites from the list:

ie

1. ComicLink should have a "Watch Item" function for their auctions/exchange items. You'd decide later on to bid or not.

2. WWComics should have a "Best Offer" option.

3. Want List service on WWComics (last I check they don't offer one)

4. Archives for past sales in the manner that Heritage has.

5. ComicConnect and Metro should improve their "Want List" service in the way Pedigree and HGC have. Min-Max grades for wanted items.

6. Back scans for books (even for books that aren't in possession). Comicana and HGC excel in this matter :acclaim:

7. ebay could ban robojo

Would be nice if the people that run those websites at least considered these ... hm

Would still like to see a couple of improvements made on some of the websites from the list:

ie

1. ComicLink should have a "Watch Item" function for their auctions/exchange items. You'd decide later on to bid or not.

5. ComicConnect and Metro should improve their "Want List" service in the way Pedigree and HGC have. Min-Max grades for wanted items.

6. Back scans for books (even for books that aren't in possession). Comicana and HGC excel in this matter :acclaim:

7. ebay could ban robojo

Would be nice if the people that run those websites at least considered these ... hm

Worldwide should also provide the option of filtering out sold items on their site. Very time consuming to wade through their sold items to find the ones that are still available.

ie

7. ebay could ban robojo

Worldwide should also provide the option of filtering out sold items on their site. Very time consuming to wade through their sold items to find the ones that are still available.

Excellent !! Missed that one...

Peter. I am confused...

You think Robojojo should be banned from ebay. But want WWComics to provide an updated site..

Shouldnt WWComics be banned from Ebay also for excessive shilling of their auctions? Just saying..

One guys a bum because its the general opinion. Yet you would still give Schmell or Ritter your money?

Im thinking ethics should be less pick and choose when it suits ones personal needs.

I like you, so far. But this is just worth a chuckle. Why is one crook better than another?

Peter. I am confused...

You think Robojojo should be banned from ebay. But want WWComics to provide an updated site..

Shouldnt WWComics be banned from Ebay also for excessive shilling of their auctions? Just saying..

One guys a bum because its the general opinion. Yet you would still give Schmell or Ritter your money?

Im thinking ethics should be less pick and choose when it suits ones personal needs.

I like you, so far. But this is just worth a chuckle. Why is one crook better than another?

WHAT !!!??

WWComics involved in shilling on ebay ?? I've read a few threads about robojerk but this is new (at least to me). I take it your accusation goes with foundation. I'm dumbfounded.

I have never bought anything off WWComics although I enjoy their listings... but in light of what has been brought forward, I just don't know.