• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Still waiting for my McFarlane SS from the last Desert Wind Comics Opportunity

426 posts in this topic

naits - All that crying? For what?? So you could sell the books on e-bay??

wow..

It's his property, isn't it?

I don't remember him saying they were family heirlooms.

You or I would be crying too if our property was withheld from us without word, or information, or explanation.

He wanted what he had bought and paid for, regardless of how long he intended to keep it.

lol

Only on these Boards could someone get cracked on for selling their own books. That is so awesome. He did two copies of the same book, I would assume he was going to move the extra one anyway.

Dear CGC Boards, sometimes I also do extra copies of books that I get SS'd to defray some of the costs. Please absolve me of my sins. I, too, am a sinner. I need to be purged.

:cry:

wow..

You or I would be crying too if our property was withheld from us without word, or information, or explanation.

He wanted what he had bought and paid for, regardless of how long he intended to keep it.

Agreed.

They're his books,he can do whatever he wants with them 2c

wow..

^^ ^^

I don't cry..not over this. And if my intentions were to sell the books from the begining, my approach would of been WAY different than what happened here.

There are a few facilitators that survive, in part, because of silence.

If my property had been entrusted to someone in another country, on another continent, and I waited months or years for information and my books I'd be voicing that issue to anyone that would listen to try and get the situation rectified.

In this case, he complained publicly about the issue, and he got his books, didn't he?

Effective in its simplicity.

I don't cry..not over this. And if my intentions were to sell the books from the begining, my approach would of been WAY different than what happened here.

How different would your approach have been. Would it have been like showing 10 or 12 sketches that you got done at NYCC in the NYCC thread and then dropping this in the public:

Thanks for all the comments guys, I would LOVE to keep every single sketch, but unfortunately I cannot. Expect a sales thread sometime after Christmas... save your $$ kids :)

Oh sweet Jesus, you said you were going to sell something that you owned. FOR SHAME, FOR SHAME.

After complaning, you don't see anything wrong with that?

My problem was, that I wanted information about my books, which I haven't received. I got always answers like: "yes, tomorrow will give you a tracking number" or "you'll get pix of your sketches next week". Then silence for 2-3 weeks.

That went for a couple of months without a result. I wasn't really happy with that information policy so I opened that thread and got answers I wanted. After nearly one year later I have MY books in hand and could do whatever I want.

And by the way: now I have a good and quick communication with DWC.

After complaning, you don't see anything wrong with that?
No! Do you see anything wrong with you complaining about him selling his own books? Just saying!

The best kind of crying is the crying about crying kind of crying. :banana:

I wonder what McFarlane's CGC forum name is?..he is a member here, I know that...him and his wife probably have a ball reading some of this stuff.... hm

FairyPimp?

BigMacRulz4Eva3Million

I wonder what McFarlane's CGC forum name is?..he is a member here, I know that...him and his wife probably have a ball reading some of this stuff.... hm

FairyPimp?

BigMacRulz4Eva3Million

Gaimanzadikk

lol

Only on these Boards could someone get cracked on for selling their own books. That is so awesome. He did two copies of the same book, I would assume he was going to move the extra one anyway.

Dear CGC Boards, sometimes I also do extra copies of books that I get SS'd to defray some of the costs. Please absolve me of my sins. I, too, am a sinner. I need to be purged.

:cry:

+1