• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FLIPTASTIC! A Tale of Woe, Intrigue, and Duplicity NOW with easy tabs!!

F. face or Hot place.  

429 members have voted

1. 1. F. face or Hot place.

569 posts in this topic

Maybe he was annoyed at being asked to be a drop shipper for you. When I was asked that, it kind of took me back at first..but I ended up agreeing to be the middleman. Mainly just to be through with it :cloud9:

I really wanted it :(

I collect that kinda junk.

Can I buy my Starlin piece back now?

:(

NO!

FCM was so desperate to shake the resale price out of me that he referenced the comiclink story when he threatened to take this scandal to Comic General.

Scandal!

FU, Bill

I bought it to block you from getting it first. If you had PM'd me asking for it, I would have removed myself forthwith rather than allowing you to bid against yourself for it as Silver Surfer did.

First off, I've dealt with FCM on a large, time-payment purchase. He was very easy

to deal with and I would buy again from him in a heartbeat.

I can understand the frustration of selling something and seeing it flipped right away

and getting a request to ship it to the new buyer. That could sting like sweat in the

nether regions. In this case it appears the flip was more of one boardie helping

out another boardie and I can't believe a ton of dough was made.

You know I love you Mr. Conan, but I would say getting a seller to ship something you already flipped for profit to the new buyer may not be the most tactful way to get a deal done.

If it were me, I wouldn't care; if my price is met on an item and I'm paid for it, I don't really care what the buyer does with it, subsequently. But I can also see how this would annoy FCM.

I asked Silver Surfer to start a 3-way PM with FCM & for Silver Surfer to make the direct ship request himself.

I was at the airport waiting on my family to arrive from DC. They had just flown in & out of a hurricane after coming in from Vienna.

For the record, I don't condone starting threads whining about stuff that could easily be settled via PM. ;)

FU, Bill

I bought it to block you from getting it first. If you had PM'd me asking for it, I would have removed myself forthwith rather than allowing you to bid against yourself for it as Silver Surfer did.

I would burn that poster if I ever got one. (shrug)

We have a saying in the states, you people up there may have never heard. It goes like this "adding insult to injury". and I believe the Captain hit it on the head. Resell the stupid thing no problem, make money no problem, sell it to a Canadian (borderline no problem), tell me you just made a profit on something you don't even have in hand and ask me to ship it to save you the trouble, maybe therein the problem lies. It's really quite easy.

I voted for A) right away based on FCM's first post,

only to find out it was Bill.

I made the right call.

*Ogami is not responsible for any misunderstandings or mismanagement of this post as a result of the reader's lack of understanding of Ogami and Bill's relationship. Reader accepts all responsibilities for misquoting or abusing Bill as a result of this post. All taxes, fees and titles may apply. Ogami further makes no claims to the superior, or even adequate nature of this post being funny, and is fairly certain that he is NOT indeed clever and/or helpful in the current thread climate. Finally, the "whee" is a symbol of Ogami's typical post tone in that it is nonsensical, slightly inebriatory and lower than normal IQ. :whee:

We have a saying in the states, you people up there may have never heard. It goes like this "adding insult to injury". and I believe the Captain hit it on the head. Resell the stupid thing no problem, make money no problem, sell it to a Canadian (borderline no problem), tell me you just made a profit on something you don't even have in hand and ask me to ship it to save you the trouble, maybe therein the problem lies. It's really quite easy.

I agree but some people just don't see it that way.

Silver Surfer is a childlike collector. He didn't mean anything by it.

Tupenny is the same. He didn't mean anything by it.

The poster was not a flip and the "profit" is negligible in this case.

It was basically a "board favour" that has taken a new spin as far as I see it.

Personally, I would have just made a group PM and settled it in private with whatever peaceful manner it took.

He doesn't know the resale price. We wouldn't tell him the profit was millions.

Who you calling a "child". :frustrated: C'mon guys FCM pressed for what I bought the book for but I declined to disclose it. Just for the sake of arguement what if I paid $100 for it, so what, why should that matter or reflect on Bill in a negative way? I don't track what people sell books for after they bought them from me and its not like Tup negotiated the selling price, FCM slashed it from something like $40 to $15. I'm surprised no one snatched it up for $40 when it was first posted. Just to add: this whole notion that Tup did a planned flip for profit I find to be very annoying, its completely false.