• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FLIPTASTIC! A Tale of Woe, Intrigue, and Duplicity NOW with easy tabs!!

F. face or Hot place.  

429 members have voted

1. 1. F. face or Hot place.

569 posts in this topic

FWIW and nobody will care. I would have been pissed if someone had asked me to ship it to someone else b/c it had been resold already. I am not sure what I would have done ... probably would have wanted to ship it to the original buyer out of spite at first but then relented and shipped to the new buyer in the end, though still pissed :sumo: Not on account of the $$ either per se, just the gall of asking would be enough.

There was a 3-way PM started by Silver Surfer at my request to discuss the shipping issue.

All was transparent on its face but for the resale price.

And that was only because we didn't know if the book was shipped to Tup yet or not. Time for a new poll.

As I said to you this morning, I have my doubts he shipped to me & I fully expect to refund your money (& eat the money I paid to him as a loss).

We predicted this thread & were correct, after all.

:(

Just came back from a dinner with some fellow board members.

For now, I'll include this...

Tracking confirms the poster arrived to Tupenny Monday morning.

The item was sent less than 24 hours within Tupenny's payment and about the time he had PM me to ship the poster to some unknown international buyer. (who he already resold it to while the item was in my possession and expecting me to be his lackey). I still completed my end of the transaction with dispatch. This is not about money. This is about Tupenny's actions and how he treated me thereafter.

In addition, for Tupenny to write above that he doubts I shipped the item when it had already been delivered, goes to show Tupenny's character, to deflect guilt, and his many attempts to bash me.

Also, I have no bones to pick with Surfer ( Peter). " C-word " was a cryptic nonsense reference to Canadian. The original post was a conceptual and collaborative poll.

This original post kept it anonymous, yet within minutes both Tupenny and Surfer were all over this.

FCM said that the forum wouldn't appreciate my conduct.

I told him to go to hell.

Nothing passive aggressive here, this might have something to do with informing the boards that Tupenny is a class act with his transactions.

Also, within four minutes of our anonymous themed post, on route to my dinner Tupenny and Surfer are all over this thread and coming up with all kind of excuses, yet omitting what really went down.

There was a 3-way PM started by Silver Surfer at my request to discuss the shipping issue.

All was transparent on its face but for the resale price.

And that was only because we didn't know if the book was shipped to Tup yet or not. Time for a new poll.

As I said to you this morning, I have my doubts he shipped to me & I fully expect to refund your money (& eat the money I paid to him as a loss).

We predicted this thread & were correct, after all.

:(

Just came back from a dinner with some fellow board members.

For now, I'll include this...

Tracking confirms the poster arrived to Tupenny Monday morning.

The item was sent less than 24 hours within Tupenny's payment and about the time he had PM me to ship the poster to some unknown international buyer. (who he already resold it to while the item was in my possession and expecting me to be his lackey). I still completed my end of the transaction with dispatch. This is not about money. This is about Tupenny's actions and how he treated me thereafter.

In addition, for Tupenny to write above that he doubts I shipped the item when it had already been delivered, goes to show Tupenny's character, to deflect guilt, and his many attempts to bash me.

Also, I have no bones to pick with Surfer ( Peter). " C-word " was a cryptic nonsense reference to Canadian. The original post was a conceptual and collaborative poll.

This original post kept it anonymous, yet within minutes both Tupenny and Surfer were all over this.

Tracking number?

8/26/11 5:26 PM

Any chance you want to make a quick flip, $@@?

Peter.

lol

Damn, you make me think this thing is worth something.

I bought it because it is so cool & I collect stuff like this.

Bill

Ok Bill $@@? :shy: The poster is freakin awesome.

Peter.

Well, I think it is supercool. I've never seen it before. If you want it for yourself then I hope you're happy. If you want it for resale then I hope you make some profit.

You can have it for $@@. PM fatcomicmafia & me in a 3-way PM & ask him to ship to you rather than me, okay?

Bill thanks so much. No plans to resale this as its just too freakin cool and I'm a huge Thor fan. I'm even going to buy the Iron man poster if its still available. PM on its way.

Peter. (thumbs u

I buy lots of stuff for resale but I collect promo junk & this is pretty special -- especially if it is rare; which I don't know of it is.

I buy lots of stuff for resale but I collect promo junk & this is pretty special -- especially if it is rare; which I don't know of it is.

I've never seen one before. Would make a great sketch cover. hm

Let's wait on your payment to see if FCM has already shipped to me or not. If he hasn't then you can just pay me $@@ & work out shipping with him.

If he has shipped to me already, then I'll figure out shipping to you from me.

Make sense?

Sounds good. Will only be at my desk for less than an hour so if you want I can send you the cash now?

P.

No need. Let's keep it easy & wait to hear from FCM.

No worries. The poster is yours!

8/27/11 7:51 PM

FCM asked me how much you paid for the poster. I described the sale & declined to disclose the dollar amount.

Then he became semi-upset & referenced the Roy/Nick/comiclink matter.

I thanked him & removed myself from the PM.

Could you please make sure he doesn't send your IM poster to me? I'd rather end my contacts with him. I hope you understand.

Please paypal to

@@@@@

I'll cover shipping.

No worries.

Thanks,

Bill

Shortly after I removed myself, FCM sent a second PM.

He said he didn't care so much that I asked for the direct ship to Surfer but that others would as it was similar to the comiclink matter.

I said, no it isn't the same & that if others thought that it was then they could 'go to hell.'

Then I thanked him & removed myself from that second PM.

I'm at my PO BOX now. Empty. :(

Here is how I described my actions to Surfer in PM (posted way back in the thread):

Sure, my request was unusual but I see the Boards as kinda loosey goosey easy does it we're all just having a good time sorta community of nerds type deal. Also, we're only talking about a $15 item for him (true, @@ for us).

Scrooge, maybe you're right. Maybe it was more than just 'unusual.' Maybe I did display 'gall.'

FWIW and nobody will care. I would have been pissed if someone had asked me to ship it to someone else b/c it had been resold already. I am not sure what I would have done ... probably would have wanted to ship it to the original buyer out of spite at first but then relented and shipped to the new buyer in the end, though still pissed :sumo: Not on account of the $$ either per se, just the gall of asking would be enough.

I do think that Foolkiller is correct. I made a poor decision. I wasn't being careful in my thinking when I asked FCM to ship direct. I didn't foresee these issues at the time. I was thoughtless. Perhaps guache therefore. I'd rather not think gall was involved though. That suggests some form of malice.

So, I apologize to FCM for making this thoughtless even gauche request.

I haven't now stolen Surfer's poster, though.

If it can be confirmed with a tracking number that the item was delivered to my PO BOX on Monday as FCM states, then I will pay Surfer 5 times what he has paid me for the poster. I will also search eBay every day until I can locate a replacement for him; at which time I will purchase it & forward it to him for free. Or I will buy it from one of the Boards members in this thread.

May I have the tracking number to confirm the Monday delivery please, FCM?

This is a tempest in a teapot but it does touch upon concepts of propriety that are worth exploring.

Unless one is really good friends with all parties involved, one ships to the buyer. If anything goes wrong with the shipment (loss/damage/disappointment with condition), the seller is dealing with the purchaser.

Shipping to a third party increase personal liability for delivery and condition. Some may see the increased responsibilty to be negligible below a certain price point -- but it's there.

I am not sure that the amount of money matters* as to the politeness of the request to ship to a third party but not revealing the price of the subsequent sale can too easily be misinterpreted as rubbing salt into the wound. If it's an open flip make it an open flip.

And frankly, if it's an open flip between collecting colleagues and a buyer flips it for an extra $10 or $20 dollars, split the difference with the original seller as a matter of good faith and to recognize the increased responsibility of shipping to a third party. (shrug)

*Though it's probably worth remembering there is a vast range of collectors from many different backgrounds on this Board. For some $15 is less than spare change; for other $15 is part of a budget plan for a greater goal.

This is a tempest in a teapot but it does touch upon concepts of propriety that are worth exploring.

Unless one is really good friends with all parties involved, one ships to the buyer. If anything goes wrong with the shipment (loss/damage/disappointment with condition), the seller is dealing with the purchaser.

Shipping to a third party increase personal liability for delivery and condition. Some may see the increased responsibilty to be negligible below a certain price point -- but it's there.

I am not sure that the amount of money matters* as to the politeness of the request to ship to a third party but not revealing the price of the subsequent sale can too easily be misinterpreted as rubbing salt into the wound. If it's an open flip make it an open flip.

And frankly, if it's an open flip between collecting colleagues and a buyer flips it for an extra $10 or $20 dollars, split the difference with the original seller as a matter of good faith and to recognize the increased responsibility of shipping to a third party. (shrug)

*Though it's probably worth remembering there is a vast range of collectors from many different backgrounds on this Board. For some $15 is less than spare change; for other $15 is part of a budget plan for a greater goal.

You are, of course, correct.

These issues have been discussed in detail on the Boards a few times, including a recent thread I believe.

I was acting in haste & was thoughtless. I should have foreseen these issues.

I requested that Surfer start the 3-way PM; which he did without objection.

Once started, three grown men stood together before each other in the PM -- FCM, Surfer, & I -- & discussed the shipping matter openly.

FCM made no complaints at that time, raised no objections, stated the item had already left with his bike messenger. He appeared displeased that he couldn't satisfy the request (that is an opinion of mine). It wasn't until 24 hours later that he PM'd me asking for the resale price. Surfer reports that he also PM'd Surfer at that time asking the resale price. Both of us declined to disclose that number. I declined out of courtesy to Surfer. I have no objection to Surfer disclosing the number himself either to FCM or this thread.