• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CAL'S Column Early September 2011 Edition - Comics General
2 2

481 posts in this topic

:hi:

Sorry to be the crick in your hitch.

:)

Oh, come on. You'd fall out with your breakfast. :makepoint:

He's just pickin a fight. Par for the course.

lol

"Par for the course".... lol

No, dear, setting the record straight. I don't "pick fights", though the eternally thin-skinned might think so.

As far as picking fights, how about this:

I will never post to or about RMA on these boards ever again.

You just can't keep your word, can you? I read your post to Cal, and wanted to respond, but, see, I'm a man of my word. If you don't post to/about me, I don't post to/about you.

But...you...just...can't...control...yourself.

lol

But it didn't stop you from 'picking' on me in this thread.

Even though you (a) have me on ignore and (b) have declared that we should avoid each another.

But...you...just...can't...control...yourself.

lol

But.... surely RMA ignores people that he puts on ignore? I'm sure he's posted such things before?

Ignore must be mutual, or it serves no purpose. And I don't mean the "ignore function."

Someday, there will be a board that has a functional ignore. You put someone on ignore, they can't see anything you post either, either directly or quoted. That will be a very nice board for me.

Well, just since I did say that you must have posted something along those lines before...

The ignore button is awesome.

It would be even more awesome if people who used it could abide by it and, ya know, leave people they are ignoring alone.

..... which does go against your being the first to rag on FT in this thread. :ohnoez:

...except, of course, it has to go BOTH WAYS, as I said. Putting someone on ignore doesn't therefore give them carte blanch to say anything they wish about the party doing the ignoring. There is no "first", as if every thread is a brand new clean slate, and previous interaction is not to be considered. That is quite obviously absurd.

In reality, nearly every single thread on this board comes with more baggage than a Samsonite convention.

Your argument is the same one kids make: "He hit me first!" "Well, what did you do to make him want to hit you" "Nothing!"

meh

But FT says he hasn't responded to you in over a month

Uh, no. He said "it's not even THIS month" (emphasis mine.) He did NOT say "OVER a month." (emphasis still mine.)

Details matter, chum.

And there's a substantial difference between "we should avoid each other" and "I will never post to or about RMA on these boards ever again."

I'm sure the distinction is lost on you.

:whee:

I know you think you're just soooooo cute with that response, but here's the burst to your bubble:

1. Having someone "on ignore" doesn't mean there can't be any interaction.

I wouldn't know. I've never felt threatened enough to use the ignore function. However, I'm sure that if I ever did, I'd be strong enough to actually, well, ignore that person.

lol

:roflmao:

Rrrrrrrrrright. Especially if they continued to "make cute little jabs" at you.

Oh, look! A unicorn!

I know you know everything, but how is it that you know how I would react in a situation that I've clearly said I haven't put myself in?

I'm fairly certain that it's been you who has been constantly railing against other people pretending to know what other people are thinking?

I'm also fairly certain that it was you who insisted, no more than a couple of days ago, that it was ridiculous to think you actually knew somebody through internet contact alone?

Are there two people who share your ID? (shrug)

I know you think you're just soooooo cute with that response, but here's the burst to your bubble:

I wouldn't know. I've never felt threatened enough to use the ignore function. However, I'm sure that if I ever did, I'd be strong enough to actually, well, ignore that person.

lol

Oh, look! A unicorn!

I know you know everything, but how is it that you know how I would react in a situation that I've clearly said I haven't put myself in?

I'm fairly certain that it's been you who has been constantly railing against other people pretending to know what other people are thinking?

I'm also fairly certain that it was you who insisted, no more than a couple of days ago, that it was ridiculous to think you actually knew somebody through internet contact alone?

hm

schizo_fran_display.jpg

lol

Oh, look! A unicorn!

You keep trying to catch me in inconsistencies, and you keep failing. You also keep failing to intepret idiomatic expressions correctly, but I suspect that's a cultural thing more than anything else.

Here's your clue: it was a sarcastic guess. That's what "Rrrrrrrright" was meant to indicate. It is not the same thing as a sober "I, RMA, am stating unequivocally that this is how you would react in this given situation."

These things...emoticons, sarcasm...they serve purposes. When you treat sarcasm seriously, you will always run into problems.

But I don't need to really know you to guess what your behavior online will be. It's easily observable. If you actually "ignored" someone, and they continued to make "cute little jabs at you", based on how you have behaved in the past, I am highly dubious that you'd just let it go.

I certainly could be wrong, as it's a prognostication about the future, which is always uncertain.

I have an idea...why don't we try it, see if it works...?

:idea:

Just when I was set to coronate Cal as Village insufficiently_thoughtful_person, RMA comes along to remind me the competition is far from over.

You go, gurls (thumbs u

I really must have said something that crawled right under your skin and itches like crazy, didn't I...?

There's no other explanation for this obsession of yours.

I would say it does me proud, but I think it's really just sad.

For God's sake, people, learn how to use the quote function.

This whole "bolded/colored responses" in the body of someone else's quote, and then half in/half out of someone else's quote doesn't make a lot of sense when there's a function designed to clearly separate your responses.

:sumo:

Now, I have some squirrels to chastize and some roses to trim.... [/qote]

Sorry. :sorry:

For God's sake, people, learn how to use the quote function.

This whole "bolded/colored responses" in the body of someone else's quote, and then half in/half out of someone else's quote doesn't make a lot of sense when there's a function designed to clearly separate your responses.

:sumo:

Now, I have some squirrels to chastize and some roses to trim....

Sorry. :sorry:

Fixed.

:whee: