• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Storing options for CGC Comics?

35 posts in this topic

I keep my books in a legal-size file cabinet, which holds two rows of books standing straight up. When I started collecting slabs (I only have a few so far), I created a divider behind two rows of comics and then laid my slabs down on their side (staples up) so I can flip through them without having to pull them all out.

I've been burglarized before in my old house. I use a heavy gun safe now.

safe.jpg

how do you prevent your comics from getting the safe rust on the staples?

The same way I keep the rust off the guns. I use a Bullfrog vapor shield emitter (that's the sheet you see hanging on the top hook. Cheap, and I only need to replace it once a year. As an additional safety measure, I keep 5 Remington mini-dehumidifiers in the safe as well. 3 of the 5 are hanging on the door. Maybe a little bit of an overkill, but I like the peace of mind.

I also keep two normal dehumidifiers in the basement to keep the whole room dry. It's used for storage and my pantry is down there as well.

I've tried using the regular cardboard CGC sized boxes but they tend to fall apart after a short time of use. I really like the plastic corrugated CGC boxes from Bags Unlimited. Very sturdy and they hold up to the weight of a full box of slabs...these things are tough!

http://www.bagsunlimited.com/c-303-graded-comic-storage-boxes.aspx