• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Storing options for CGC Comics?

35 posts in this topic

I keep my books in a legal-size file cabinet, which holds two rows of books standing straight up. When I started collecting slabs (I only have a few so far), I created a divider behind two rows of comics and then laid my slabs down on their side (staples up) so I can flip through them without having to pull them all out.

I might have to do this. I've been a legal cabinet guy for a while but have been storing my slabs on a book shelf. I just sold a butt load of books so I have a free drawer I could use for this.. Thanks for the idea.

I've been burglarized before in my old house. I use a heavy gun safe now.

safe.jpg

how do you prevent your comics from getting the safe rust on the staples?

The same way I keep the rust off the guns. I use a Bullfrog vapor shield emitter (that's the sheet you see hanging on the top hook. Cheap, and I only need to replace it once a year. As an additional safety measure, I keep 5 Remington mini-dehumidifiers in the safe as well. 3 of the 5 are hanging on the door. Maybe a little bit of an overkill, but I like the peace of mind.

I also keep two normal dehumidifiers in the basement to keep the whole room dry. It's used for storage and my pantry is down there as well.

^^

I have most of mine on a bookshelf and another shelf that i got from Borders when they out of business. I also have 3-4 CGC boxes filled with my cheapo slabs

Bookcase

IMG_0322.jpg

Borders display case

shelf3.jpg

This looks awesome, I would love a display like this! Very cool. :headbang:

I have most of mine on a bookshelf and another shelf that i got from Borders when they out of business. I also have 3-4 CGC boxes filled with my cheapo slabs

Bookcase

IMG_0322.jpg

Borders display case

shelf3.jpg

That is an awesome set-up!

Do any Canadians know where to get the CGC boxes? I know they can be found on-line but they rarely will ship to Canada.

Cardboard magazine holders seem to work pretty well for me in keeping them in groups of 6-8. And they sit on shelves nicely.

I saw the ComicCube display at NYC CC in 2010. Since then I have been toying with the idea of this...

I like the gun safe idea (even though I do not own firearms) but like others, I too am nervous about the rust that may generate.

http://www.comiccubes.com/Album/pages/OT8_jpg.htm

OT8_jpg.jpg

I've been burglarized before in my old house. I use a heavy gun safe now.

safe.jpg

how do you prevent your comics from getting the safe rust on the staples?

The same way I keep the rust off the guns. I use a Bullfrog vapor shield emitter (that's the sheet you see hanging on the top hook. Cheap, and I only need to replace it once a year. As an additional safety measure, I keep 5 Remington mini-dehumidifiers in the safe as well. 3 of the 5 are hanging on the door. Maybe a little bit of an overkill, but I like the peace of mind.

I also keep two normal dehumidifiers in the basement to keep the whole room dry. It's used for storage and my pantry is down there as well.

good man. if anyone, ANYONE, tries to get a copy of your batman 251, peel their m*****f****** cap back

I kind of have a similar question myself.

As my collection gets more expensive, I'm really worried about the condition of my comics especially because of the humidity in my area.

Where should i store my comics in my house? Is the basement a poor choice? I feel like it gets too hot on the first or second floor. I have the comics in a white cgc box.