• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the Do's and Dont's when attending a Comic Con?

165 posts in this topic

If you find yourself taking a leak in the urinal next to Rob Liefeld, DO turn towards him and pee on his shoe.

Hey, hey, I'm not trying to be known as the boardie that urinates on people. No can do lol .

You're assuming that Liefeld is a people. Let it fly, man.

Please for the love of God leave the damn backpack at home. Opt for a messenger bag instead. There's nothing worse than rude :censored: con goers knocking down people as they suddenly stop and turn with 30lbs of backpack strapped to their back.

Many people at cons are quite inconsiderate. You're about to learn that.

You can't fix stupid.

Beauty fades. Dumb is forever.

1. Always negotiate (within reason). Offer less than asking price and see what happens.

2. Make sure YOU REALLY WANT the item. Think about it, don't rush. Can you get significantly cheaper elsewhere?

3. Check the sale boxes.

4. Be respectful of the dealer's books. Take the tape off the bag and set it aside befor slipping the book out.

5. Take a break, especially if you're walking on concrete floors all day.

I use a laptop case to protect my books.

70.jpg

Oh! and take alot of pics of half naked cosplayers,so you can post em here. (thumbs u

That's what I do...

vegasbaby.jpg

:o

Did you get their numbers? hm

No, but you can see the commission that Tony DeZuniga did of my wife with these 3 ladies in my CAF gallery. This is about the safest pic I can show. hm

Well.... Maybe this one too. :devil:

100_0121.jpg

I use a laptop case to protect my books.

70.jpg

Oh! and take alot of pics of half naked cosplayers,so you can post em here. (thumbs u

That's what I do...

vegasbaby.jpg

:o

Did you get their numbers? hm

No, but you can see the commission that Tony DeZuniga did of my wife with these 3 ladies in my CAF gallery. This is about the safest pic I can show. hm

Well.... Maybe this one too. :devil:

100_0121.jpg

Oh my!36_2_22.gif

I'd suggest learning how to grade and being able to spot restoration (at least the more obvious stuff) to be paramount prior to attending a big show. Granted, many books will be encapsulated but most won't be.

Going to a first major convention is a learning experience and should be treated that way. I remember my first major show (SD, 1995) was a culture shock after all the comparatively small British shows I had attended, and took a while to adjust to. It takes time to learn the idiosyncrasies of dealers and how they grade, price, negotiate etc. so keep your eyes and ears open, absorb info and don't start throwing your cash around on the first day as it pays to be careful, even with the sensory overload of endless beautiful wall books.