• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the Do's and Dont's when attending a Comic Con?

165 posts in this topic

Only work with pleasant sellers.

The surly ones are difficult to enjoy when you're trying to have fun.

(thumbs u + a gazillion.

Dale Roberts and The Bunky Brothers are two operations that I enjoy being around. Those guys are awesome.

How does one avoid a bad seller? Anyway to spot 'em prior to interacting? :popcorn:

hm My suggestion would be to walk-through the dealers room with a priest trained in exorcising demons. Once given the all clear, you're set! (thumbs u

I thought a divining rod was a better choice.

I'm still confused about the fanboy thing. We're all fans of comics and certain writers & artists and such.

So what exactly is a fanboy? From what I'm hearing they're evil and I should look out for them. I have a family to protect!

It's a generic pejorative term that is interchangeable with Nerd or Geek. Chief characteristic of said subgroup is the delusional belief that whoever they are obsessed with can do no wrong creatively, and consider challenges about their idol's genius to be transgressive.

(thumbs u + a gazillion.

Dale Roberts and The Bunky Brothers are two operations that I enjoy being around. Those guys are awesome.

How does one avoid a bad seller? Anyway to spot 'em prior to interacting? :popcorn:

hm My suggestion would be to walk-through the dealers room with a priest trained in exorcising demons. Once given the all clear, you're set! (thumbs u

That only works if you're looking for dealers with water damaged books. (shrug)

(thumbs u + a gazillion.

That only works if you're looking for dealers with water damaged books. (shrug)

Dagnabit, I was sold one that was supposed to work on all books.

:frustrated:

I'm still confused about the fanboy thing. We're all fans of comics and certain writers & artists and such.

So what exactly is a fanboy? From what I'm hearing they're evil and I should look out for them. I have a family to protect!

It's a generic pejorative term that is interchangeable with Nerd or Geek. Chief characteristic of said subgroup is the delusional belief that whoever they are obsessed with can do no wrong creatively, and consider challenges about their idol's genius to be transgressive.

Liefeld rocks!

:headbang:

Thank you.

That was an incredibly articulate answer. I was not expecting that at all.

Thank you.

You know how proper the English are.

Thank you.

Are you kidding me? When the dictionary is missing a definition they ask Andy!

:o

Thank you.

Yes, the opposite of New Yorkers.

:baiting:

Liefeld rocks!

You need help :eek:

Liefeld rocks!

I'm a Liefeld fanboy. I think you need help.

:insane:

Thank you.

One tries...

Thank you.

One tries...

Holy cow, he did it again!

:shy:

Thank you.

One tries...

:acclaim:

Thank you.

One tries...

:acclaim:

I hear your voice every time you post.

lol

Liefeld rocks!

I'm a Liefeld fanboy. I think you need help.

:insane:

lol

Liefeld rocks!

Don't you love Deadpool and X-Force? :baiting:

Thank you.

lol Yep. Speaking of the English you have to check out this show in the UK, Misfits. The first couple episodes are decent, but it really gets good after that. It's on Hulu.com

Are you going to be at NYCC? If so it'd be cool to see you there.