• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What does the Forum think about a Lawyer turning a collector away...

381 posts in this topic

No. He has a list of people that have disagreed with him over petty moral, social, or basic topics of conversation. He alludes to this list as people he will either not do business with, or possibly even those he plots revenge against.

He seems perfectly sane to me.

lol

Maybe if The List were stickied noobs could just find it on their own.

What?!

So what was the FF112 before the pressing and what was it pressed to?

$24,000 ... :o

I don't remember all the details (and I don't keep a thread spreadsheet).

I think it went from 9.4 to 9.8. I don't recall for sure. Only thing I'm pretty sure of is the 24K number.

Thanks!

That's pretty incredible...

I've been trying to search for the thread but haven't been able to find it. I thought it was last year, but maybe it's a few years old now. (shrug)

Search Noob. :baiting:FF 112 9.8 GOES FOR OVER $24K!!!

What?!

I think it went from 9.4 to 9.8. I don't recall for sure. Only thing I'm pretty sure of is the 24K number.

Thanks!

I've been trying to search for the thread but haven't been able to find it. I thought it was last year, but maybe it's a few years old now. (shrug)

(worship) (worship)

I have no problem admitting that I am a computer dumbarse. The search function has proven to be a worthy adversary. :boo:

I just thought of something...

If a very large number of books were pressed from a VF range to NM status, thereby increasing the population of HG books, then would the value of lower grade books decrease?

(Hey, this room is trashed anyways... I mean look, you've got tables turned, chairs knocked over and a big hole in the wall... so why not turn it into a pressing thread?)

:insane:

Guys, these responses should be in a PM.

Yep.

I disagree.

This became an open conversation when Scott called Cal nuts and told somebody not to deal with him.

If he had even taken the time to say something like "Cal is an odd duck around these parts sometimes but his money's good", which is what I would expect from someone who practices the legal word for a living it would have been an entirely different matter.

Instead, the intended phrasing makes it sound petty and personal and not an actual warning to anyone.

It's a shame how quickly things devolve around here.

There's going to be multiple perspectives here. That's just mine.

I was talking about the exchange between POV and FFB.

This isnt a matter of how you feel about Cal.Its warning other collectors away from him because you personally dont like him.

Im surprised that you of all people would take a swipe at Cal.

No, it is about paying it forward by letting a newbie know that the person someone else is telling him to do a deal with is, shall we say, quite prone to flying into raging rants with promises of revenge when someone displeases him. Or, to use my shorthand, "nuts."

It sounds like Cal has had a number of good dealings with people. I am sure his money is as green as anyone else's. But is it worth the potential headache that some aspect of the transaction may rub Cal the wrong way and turn into a life-long vendetta? I guess that depends on the individual. For me, it's an easy "no."

What?!

Thanks!

(worship) (worship)

I have no problem admitting that I am a computer dumbarse. The search function has proven to be a worthy adversary. :boo:

I'm not going to read all of that. Can someone give me the Cliff's Notes and let me know if the presser of the FF#112 was ever outed?

Yep.

I disagree.

This became an open conversation when Scott called Cal nuts and told somebody not to deal with him.

If he had even taken the time to say something like "Cal is an odd duck around these parts sometimes but his money's good", which is what I would expect from someone who practices the legal word for a living it would have been an entirely different matter.

Instead, the intended phrasing makes it sound petty and personal and not an actual warning to anyone.

So was I, and my response was to one of them, Roy.

Its warning other collectors away from him because you personally dont like him.

I don't really care, as I have no investment here other than the entertainment of this thread, but isn't that the very purpose of Cal's list that he would spout on about and actually have typed out in various threads over the years?

This isnt a matter of how you feel about Cal.Its warning other collectors away from him because you personally dont like him.

Im surprised that you of all people would take a swipe at Cal.

No, it is about paying it forward by letting a newbie know that the person someone else is telling him to do a deal with is, shall we say, quite prone to flying into raging rants with promises of revenge when someone displeases him. Or, to use my shorthand, "nuts."

It sounds like Cal has had a number of good dealings with people. I am sure his money is as green as anyone else's. But is it worth the potential headache that some aspect of the transaction may rub Cal the wrong way and turn into a life-long vendetta? I guess that depends on the individual. For me, it's an easy "no."

You shouldnt deal with him then.

How would you like it if someone said avoid ffb hes a laywer.Its the same thing.And yes you owe Cal an apology.

Its warning other collectors away from him because you personally dont like him.

I don't really care, as I have no investment here other than the entertainment of this thread, but isn't that the very purpose of Cal's list that he would spout on about and actually have typed out in various threads over the years?

I have a list like that, but it's hand written, single spaced, in neatly arranged composition notebooks....and it's in Klingon.

Yep.

I disagree.

So was I, and my response was to one of them, Roy.

I know you both were and I disagree.

This was a pivotal statement by POV that segued into their current conversation:

My personal philosophy has been altered thanks to you.

Again:

I have a list like that, but it's hand written, single spaced, in neatly arranged composition notebooks....and it's in Klingon.

I like the new old you.

^^

Guess Cal doesn't like it when the shoe is on the other foot.

If he had even taken the time to say something like "Cal is an odd duck around these parts sometimes but his money's good",

^^

I didn't find FFB's comment funny. It didn't appear to be a joke. It was simply out of line IMO.

And frankly, I'm fairly certain that just about everybody here with a reputation in good standing would be miffed if somebody said something like this about them.