• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What does the Forum think about a Lawyer turning a collector away...

381 posts in this topic

POV and FFB obviously have some personal history which this thread will not resolve. Not sure what this has to do with having "multiple perspectives".

POV, who I think is a pretty level headed, well experience, well rounded board member feels that his experience with FFB has something to add to the conversation.

I agree if POV came out with fists swinging that it should be kept in private, but if he feels that it relates to this conversation and FFB's behaviour then it might be beneficial.

I'm outta this thread.

I'm not trying to stir the pot.

;)

POV is apparently angry that I pressed and sold a book that I overpaid him for several years ago, and rather than bring it up like a man when it happened and memories were fresh, he is choosing to do it now, five or six years after the fact, in a thread that has nothing to do with the sale. That's level-headed?

Roy, any time you are wondering why you and I sometimes don't see eye to eye on things, re-read this thread.

Back in.

My understanding from POV's little tale is that nobody is really "without sin" acc to his point of view.

You've personally tried to help me when I asked for it. I don't think you're a bad guy either.

Regardless, that wasn't the point of the thread.

A LOT of very level headed, long time and trustworthy board members (some of which might even disagree with each other) all agree that even if Cal is eccentric (and quite honestly, we all are in some way a little bent) your comment was out of line and out of context. It's that short and simple.

Anyhow, that's it for me. I'm really out now.

:hi:

Don't give up now!! It's getting closer to Friday..and I still have faith in this thread's legs. :wishluck:

Don't give up now!! It's getting closer to Friday..and I still have faith in this thread's legs. :wishluck:

Fear not. Cal hasn't posted in a few hours. Once he returns, this thing will go another 200+ posts today.

More posts tomorrow. Cal responds. More posts.

It's got Friday written all over it.

Naw, point's been made, lines are drawn. End of nitty gritty.

Fear not. Cal hasn't posted in a few hours. Once he returns, this thing will go another 200+ posts today.

More posts tomorrow. Cal responds. More posts.

It's got Friday written all over it.

I think we can wring a few hundred more posts out of it easily, especially if POV jumps back in.

Cal is more than "eccentric" and is completely incomparable to anyone else here. He's INSANE. He's narcissistic, admitting in this very thread that he thinks he's PERFECT. He's paranoid and delusional, immature and spiteful. He carries grudges for decades against people he never met and never will meet. He tries to sue people and get them in legal trouble for laughing at him on the internet. This is more than eccentric. This is a person with real problems. Look at it this way, if he didn't have comics and money, would you have anything to do with a guy who behaved in this manner?

out of curiosity, can you prove whether you are or are not nuts?

Can you? Could I? What standard should be set? I think it only fair to ask of yourself what you'd ask of someone else.

It's a question for Cal, not you or I. Please get off the soapbox and let the man answer.

Well, he could take this test:

http://www.personalityone.com/paranoid-personality-disorder-quiz.html

Just sayin'. :shy:

I had a client once who suffered from that. It was really scary and very sad. I'm no psychiatrist, but I don't think Cal has paranoid personality disorder.

Is there a DSM-IV entry for "nuts"? If so, that's what I think his affliction is.

I think this quiz is better: Are you a 1950's style hottie?

I scored 9 out of 11.

:blush:

My results:

After completing "Are you a 'Now' Hottie in 1950’s Styles?" test you have scored 9 point(s). Please read your personal test results provided below.

Who I should aim to be:

Now, you are definitely 1950's material! I can just see you wearing a great geometric print A-line dress with an awesome veiled hat, as you fly through the night in your red T-Bird convertible. While you still have your computer check out the Net for all of the great clothes, accessories and décor items you need to relive the Eisenhower and Chanel #5 decade. The 1950’s are back and you are "way" in style! Way to go!

Ok just saw this thread and I don't have time to wade through 25+ pages so can someone get me up to speed? FFB doesn't like Cal nuts so Cal got a second opinion from his Juris Doctor who told him that FFB was wrong? :grin:

Yes. That's pretty much it.

If everyone reads this book: The Manipulative Man we should be ok.

Roy I just glanced at one of the reviews and I think Cal and Scott may be adding you to their "lists":

:roflmao:

"Written for women, The Manipulative Man is a detailed breakdown of the various kinds of men (behaviors). The subtitle really says it all, giving women help with these three main areas of identifying, countering and regaining">

Roy I just glanced at one of the reviews and I think Cal and Scott may be adding you to their "lists":

"Written for women, The Manipulative Man is a detailed breakdown of the various kinds of men (behaviors). The subtitle really says it all, giving women help with these three main areas of identifying, countering and regaining">

Then I guess I shouldn't take this one:

Are You Cool?

:o

Then I guess I shouldn't take this one:

Are You Cool?

:o

I know I'm not cool. No need to take a test. But I'm cool with not being cool.

You know...life is short and all this BS is meaningless.

When will people grow up and act like adults around here? No need to answer this as I know the answer already.

FFB, grow up and act like a respectable attorney who should know better than trolling forum chat rooms to insitgate fights and stoop to such levels. You are supposed to be a professional. Act like it.

CAL, you didn't deserve the comment and i''m sure it stings. But, you also need to grow up and stop making threats of legal action, calling someone's work and colleagues, trolling internet attorney forums to bad mouth FFB.

Do you guys realize how short our time is on this earth? How about learning to respect one another and get along and if you don't have something nice to say...don't say it. Or at least send a PM about it and not air it for the world to see.

All of this nonsense is meaningless and for once I felt like saying so.

Pressing arguments, accusations of shills, bad mouthing others, holding grudges for years, airing dirty laundry about deals...it just continues to fill the world and this forum with hate and honeslty it disgusts me.

If I didn't enjoy the actual COMIC BOOK discussions and sales around here...I would have left this place a long time ago. Some of you just make me lose faith in humanity sometimes.

:(

You know...life is short and all this BS is meaningless.

When will people grow up and act like adults around here? No need to answer this as I know the answer already.

FFB, grow up and act like a respectable attorney who should know better than trolling forum chat rooms to insitgate fights and stoop to such levels. You are supposed to be a professional. Act like it.

CAL, you didn't deserve the comment and i''m sure it stings. But, you also need to grow up and stop making threats of legal action, calling someone's work and colleagues, trolling internet attorney forums to bad mouth FFB.

Do you guys realize how short our time is on this earth? How about learning to respect one another and get along and if you don't have something nice to say...don't say it. Or at least send a PM about it and not air it for the world to see.

All of this nonsense is meaningless and for once I felt like saying so.

Pressing arguments, accusations of shills, bad mouthing others, holding grudges for years, airing dirty laundry about deals...it just continues to fill the world and this forum with hate and honeslty it disgusts me.

If I didn't enjoy the actual COMIC BOOK discussions and sales around here...I would have left this place a long time ago. Some of you just make me lose faith in humanity sometimes.

:(

You need to grow up you Ft Lauderdale Floozie :baiting:

My understanding from POV's little tale is that nobody is really "without sin" acc to his point of view.

You've personally tried to help me when I asked for it. I don't think you're a bad guy either.

Regardless, that wasn't the point of the thread.

A LOT of very level headed, long time and trustworthy board members (some of which might even disagree with each other) all agree that even if Cal is eccentric (and quite honestly, we all are in some way a little bent) your comment was out of line and out of context. It's that short and simple.

Anyhow, that's it for me. I'm really out now.

:hi:

I was really surprised at Scott's long post about Cal and Cal's qualities as Scott saw them. That kind of post is actually my least favorite.

I don't consider Scott to be Evil. This was so far back in the past I felt somewhat detached from it as I was recounting it. Scott has since been quite forthcoming about pressing techniques etc.

In retrospect this went beyond my intent, which was indeed the "without sin" ref above (or even the perception of "sin"). The subsequent back and forth only exacerbated things.

So I apologize for the drama.