• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What does the Forum think about a Lawyer turning a collector away...

381 posts in this topic

Whatever you say, Mike. I am not sure how "loud and forceful" my voice could be if I were supposedly trying not to be heard by someone else who was less than six feet away from me at the time.

Why, it was "as loud and forceful as you could make it amoung company that was a few feet away". lol

Night night. :hi:

What a thread!

Sorry Cal - but I'm not going to apologize for giving a newbie my opinion and I don't care how many people that upsets. And in my opinion, having been on these forums for seven and a half years and seen your weird, oftentimes bizarre behavior toward others (or just in general), you are more than merely eccentric. Your behavior seems like you have a screw loose.

Your money may be good, but my personal philosophy is that I don't buy or sell to people I would not want to deal with on a personal level because eventually something bad happens. Others' mileage may vary. I also don't judge people based on who they buy from or sell to. It's their business. But I freely offer my opinion when I see fit.

Also, the post someone linked to in the original thread made it clear that you wanted 7.0 or better, which the ASM#5 wasn't.

Regardless, if you really wanted the book, why not just PM the guy with an offer? I doubt my opinion about your strange behavior on the boards would have scuttled a deal if you had been willing to buy at an acceptable price to the seller.

But then, you weren't interested enough in the book to make an offer, were you? You're more interested in the drama of starting multiple threads and in being Cal the Victim. Happy to oblige you in this latest episode in your ongoing saga.

I am only responding this one time here, to give everyone some closure on this Issue.

1) I DID receive a PM from the CGCer, at 09/30/11 at 09:46 AM. he wanted to know if I would be interested in that comic.

2) at 10:30 AM , just 45 minutes later, you posted what you did.

3) I did not hear back from the man, so I PMed him and asked him what had happened to this comic/possible deal?

4) So, as he has only a few posts, I did the search of his posts, and discovered the thread.

Yes, your "happiness to obliging in this latest episode" cost me a deal that I WOULD and DID make a reasonable offer for that particular book.

5) Just because "someone pointed out " to you, to defend your actions that I KNEW you would not apologize like a man for, that I only want 7.0, or whatever, is another "grasping for straws" to justify this in your mind. If you are so dead-set against doing business with me( I Guess you forgot about that ASM 122 CGC 9.6 I asked you about), what do you care if someone ELSE might find a buyer for a PLOD???

No, I cannot sue you, but I CAN go to the Consumer sites, like AVVO that rates attorneys. I CAN talk to your head honcho and tell him/her to check out how their Associate behaves. Yes, they may laugh, but if it got to that point, I would ensure that they would not laugh. There are several things that I can do, if I choose to do them. And I COULD sue you if I really wanted to waste the $$$.

But the voices of reason HAVE spoken, and I did just what the best course of action is for right now: you have been "outted" and now we see the real colors of FFB. Just like I mentioned about people that have no capacity for remorse over impulsive behavior, they are "making their bed" by the seeds they have sewn. Yes, I have many enemies here, and the ones that have those sham "chance" auctions I stop, I knew that they would flame me. I don't care about them, sooner or later others will out them too. The anti-CGCers? I got them to at least tone that rhetoric down for now. Some of them evolved into a good tolerance level as they like this Forum to post on even some will NEVER submit a comic. But this Board is free, and that is CGC's concern.

I never wish ill toward anyone, even those who hounded me for a decade, but it sure would do my heart good to see the shoe on the other foot; someone telling a prospective Customer NOT to go to YOU for your livelihood's expertise. Oh, and publicly, too. Oh, and the person steering the prospective Customer away had no reason to question your business preactices.

People who lack business ethics usually do NOT have ethics as their m.o. anyway.

Enough. You get the drift. Don't care if you DON'T get this. Just leave me alone forever for now on. You are not man enough for ME to deal with YOU.

CAL who truly believes in Karma...

i also don't see what any of this latest exchange has to do with the subject at hand, other than to include FFB and attempt to drag his name through the mud.

which could be construed as some petard hoisting i guess, but i doubt that was the original intent

at least the thread's about someone else, for a change

I was actually thinking about doing some kind of survey showing the boarders who post the most threads. Then I was thinking about adding something about which threads were personal and stuck in Comics General instead of the Water Cooler, which ones were thinly disguised advertising and then which ones were attention things from people who are obviously lonely or rabidly attention needy..

Then I woke up, thank goodness...

Good idea, Shar. I'm thinking of doing a survey showing the boarders who ABSOLUTELY DRIVE ME $&(*#ING NUTS WITH THEIR NEEDINESS, WHINING AND OVERALL SHENANIGANS but then I realised doing so might be construed as cruel and mean and seriously, being shunned by the group would cause my life to spin into a spiral of shame and supplicance* and I don't really have the energy to deal with that right now

* This word might be made up. My advice is to deal with it in a manner becoming an adult

I guess that it's ok to be disrespectful, self absorbed, and an elitist as long as you have money to spend. Gotta remember to teach that to my kids.

Well, it is. Money talks, person_without_enough_empathy. lol

Guys, these responses should be in a PM.

No they shouldn't. This is great with my morning coffee.

Well, drink it faster, cause you are sounding grumpy...:baiting:

I guess that it's ok to be disrespectful, self absorbed, and an elitist as long as you have money to spend. Gotta remember to teach that to my kids.

The person your just replied to, has been a really kind and generous person since he joined the boards...it's Cal's elitist thing that I've always objected to.

I will admit that I haven't watched All My Children since I joined the boards...never had time again...I used to tape it and watch it in fast forward...I was just telling a friend that yesterday...I understand they are going off the air...maybe there were too many chatboards for them to keep their customer base;)

The person your just replied to, has been a really kind and generous person since he joined the boards...it's Cal's elitist thing that I've always objected to.

I will admit that I haven't watched All My Children since I joined the boards...never had time again...I used to tape it and watch it in fast forward...I was just telling a friend that yesterday...I understand they are going off the air...maybe there were too many chatboards for them to keep their customer base;)

Clearly my snark and joking isn't coming through.

(thumbs u I guess we need a snark gremlin;)

(thumbs u I guess we need a snark gremlin;)

i_3_snark_button-p145009450404231044z7qmj_152.jpg