• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What does the Forum think about a Lawyer turning a collector away...

381 posts in this topic

What a thread!

Sorry Cal - but I'm not going to apologize for giving a newbie my opinion and I don't care how many people that upsets. And in my opinion, having been on these forums for seven and a half years and seen your weird, oftentimes bizarre behavior toward others (or just in general), you are more than merely eccentric. Your behavior seems like you have a screw loose.

Your money may be good, but my personal philosophy is that I don't buy or sell to people I would not want to deal with on a personal level because eventually something bad happens. Others' mileage may vary. I also don't judge people based on who they buy from or sell to. It's their business. But I freely offer my opinion when I see fit.

Also, the post someone linked to in the original thread made it clear that you wanted 7.0 or better, which the ASM#5 wasn't.

Regardless, if you really wanted the book, why not just PM the guy with an offer? I doubt my opinion about your strange behavior on the boards would have scuttled a deal if you had been willing to buy at an acceptable price to the seller.

But then, you weren't interested enough in the book to make an offer, were you? You're more interested in the drama of starting multiple threads and in being Cal the Victim. Happy to oblige you in this latest episode in your ongoing saga.

My personal philosophy has been altered thanks to you. Remember your anger at my mentioning your press when I and other boardies, some years ago, visited your Treasure Island home? I remember, when I asked where your press was in all innocence, you pulling me aside and seeming rather upset, told me to not mention your press.

Remember when I was selling a couple of Atlas precodes to you and telling you it was for charity? And simply asking VF guide for them? And you pressing them and then us meeting at a Hunan Chinese restaurant in SF? And you showing me the pressing results and my advising you to humidify the pages and how to? I was under the impression they were for your collection. But you then proceeded to sell them with considerable praise in the description and no pressing mentioned.

I don't know. In my opinion, things are sometimes not exactly what they seem.

Didnt FFB buy the ff 112 press it and make a huge profit.IIRC this was Scott.

What a thread!

Sorry Cal - but I'm not going to apologize for giving a newbie my opinion and I don't care how many people that upsets. And in my opinion, having been on these forums for seven and a half years and seen your weird, oftentimes bizarre behavior toward others (or just in general), you are more than merely eccentric. Your behavior seems like you have a screw loose.

Your money may be good, but my personal philosophy is that I don't buy or sell to people I would not want to deal with on a personal level because eventually something bad happens. Others' mileage may vary. I also don't judge people based on who they buy from or sell to. It's their business. But I freely offer my opinion when I see fit.

Also, the post someone linked to in the original thread made it clear that you wanted 7.0 or better, which the ASM#5 wasn't.

Regardless, if you really wanted the book, why not just PM the guy with an offer? I doubt my opinion about your strange behavior on the boards would have scuttled a deal if you had been willing to buy at an acceptable price to the seller.

But then, you weren't interested enough in the book to make an offer, were you? You're more interested in the drama of starting multiple threads and in being Cal the Victim. Happy to oblige you in this latest episode in your ongoing saga.

My personal philosophy has been altered thanks to you. Remember your anger at my mentioning your press when I and other boardies, some years ago, visited your Treasure Island home? I remember, when I asked where your press was in all innocence, you pulling me aside and seeming rather upset, told me to not mention your press.

Remember when I was selling a couple of Atlas precodes to you and telling you it was for charity? And simply asking VF guide for them? And you pressing them and then us meeting at a Hunan Chinese restaurant in SF? And you showing me the pressing results and my advising you to humidify the pages and how to? I was under the impression they were for your collection. But you then proceeded to sell them with considerable praise in the description and no pressing mentioned.

I thought that was a Pedigree thread. The FF112 that got bumped to 24K range? Is that the one you are talking about?

Slander, libel, plods, pressings, physical assaults, screws loose, peanut galleries, funny pictures, hot chicks in signatures, dirty laundry and personal attacks via chat boards.........

This thread has it all! :headbang:

Chunkybutt- the one who likes X-Men

What a thread!

I thought that was a Pedigree thread. The FF112 that got bumped to 24K range? Is that the one you are talking about?

Yes.That is what I remember.If im wrong im sorry.

What?!

So what was the FF112 before the pressing and what was it pressed to?

$24,000 ... :o

I don't remember all the details (and I don't keep a thread spreadsheet).

I think it went from 9.4 to 9.8. I don't recall for sure. Only thing I'm pretty sure of is the 24K number.

Nope, but even if it had been, so what?

What a thread!

What?!

I think it went from 9.4 to 9.8. I don't recall for sure. Only thing I'm pretty sure of is the 24K number.

$24,000??? Man, I WISH that had been me.

Guys, these responses should be in a PM.

Yep.

I disagree.

This became an open conversation when Scott called Cal nuts and told somebody not to deal with him.

If he had even taken the time to say something like "Cal is an odd duck around these parts sometimes but his money's good", which is what I would expect from someone who practices the legal word for a living it would have been an entirely different matter.

Instead, the intended phrasing makes it sound petty and personal and not an actual warning to anyone.

It's a shame how quickly things devolve around here.

There's going to be multiple perspectives here. That's just mine.

Doesn't Cal have a long list of people he's had problems with in transactions? Or did I just imagine him ranting about that repeatedly over the years?

Yep.

I disagree.

This became an open conversation when Scott called Cal nuts and told somebody not to deal with him.

If he had even taken the time to say something like "Cal is an odd duck around these parts sometimes but his money's good", which is what I would expect from someone who practices the legal word for a living it would have been an entirely different matter.

Instead, the intended phrasing makes it sound petty and personal and not an actual warning to anyone.

Doesn't Cal have a long list of people he's had problems with in transactions? Or did I just imagine him ranting about that repeatedly over the years?

I don't remember details as I don't take the time to read them in their entirety but yes, he's had complaints about the way eBay transactions have gone down.

Many people on these forums have, though. Almost a day doesn't go by without someone starting a thread complaining about a transaction.

Yep.

I disagree.

No. He has a list of people that have disagreed with him over petty moral, social, or basic topics of conversation. He alludes to this list as people he will either not do business with, or possibly even those he plots revenge against.

He seems perfectly sane to me.

"I don't appreciate you turning collectors away from me.

I won't forget this...

CAL who holds grudges personally..."

Here is what Cal wrote in his PM to me, to which I responded "Don't care." Since we're now sharing PMs.

Absolutely, I feel that Cal is owed an apology. The "dont care" PM from FFB is a button pushing move as well. In my younger days, I could see doing what Cal is tempted to do. Pursue via legal channels to secure an insincere apology from employers/file paperwork etc to bug other person.

Would be healthier for this to roll off Cals back. This was a cheap shot, uncalled for, from the seeming security of cyberspace from someone who should know better. Big enough sand box to just put each other on ignore and trust thats that.

What?!

Thanks!

That's pretty incredible...

What?!

Thanks!

That's pretty incredible...

I've been trying to search for the thread but haven't been able to find it. I thought it was last year, but maybe it's a few years old now. (shrug)