• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bernie Wrightson Appreciation Thread

287 posts in this topic

I am going to the convention in Kansas City in a few months. This will be the first time I've ever had a chance to meet Bernie.

I feel like a kid waiting to go to Disneyworld. :whee:

I'm taking a big stack of stuff for him to sign.

Here's one I'm taking. Fantastic Wrightson cover on a fanzine from 1969. There are a LOT of photos of artists inside from one of the early comic artist conventions. I highly recommend this one.

120963.jpg.1f079fd27a5e83e7bcd0e58203dd67e9.jpg

Can't wait to get Bernie to sign my Swamp Thing 1 in London :banana:

Is that for CGC SS?

I'd like to get him to draw a Batman sketch for me.

Yep, CGC SS. I'm also going to get a sig on a Roots of the Swamp Thing tp. I had assumed that as sigs are free and that queues are likely to be long, they wouldn't be allowing sketches. But I'd love a Swampy head sketch inside the tp.

I am going to the convention in Kansas City in a few months. This will be the first time I've ever had a chance to meet Bernie.

I feel like a kid waiting to go to Disneyworld. :whee:

I'm taking a big stack of stuff for him to sign.

Here's one I'm taking. Fantastic Wrightson cover on a fanzine from 1969. There are a LOT of photos of artists inside from one of the early comic artist conventions. I highly recommend this one.

Never seen that one before. Very cool!

By far my favorite comic in my collection. Bought of the stands from my father who put it away and gave it to me in 1982 when I was 11. Bernie was his favorite artist so he bought all his covers. Some times he would buy two copies of his comics and put one aside for me. So the day finally comes when I buy my own comic (FF #242) with my allowance and I ask if I can have one of his comic bags to put it in. He gives me one and I go up in my room. A few moments later, he comes in my room with this box and says he's been waiting for me to show him that I would take comic book collecting serious. I open the box and this is the first comic I pull out! Can you imagine? 70's DC War, Horror, and Batman! around 200 comics. Best day of my life.

HOS106-1.jpg

Here's another that I just upgraded. I'd like to get this one Sig Series, so I might wait on it.

I have about 5 books I want done SS.

120998.jpg.8f007bbba2646db1416e723406294037.jpg

Just picked this up.

creatures10.jpg

Unfortunately, Wrightson only did the interior on this one. i really think this book would be higher demand if it had one of Bernie's epic covers gracing it.