• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bernie Wrightson Appreciation Thread

287 posts in this topic

ST #37 is a great issue. I bought those issues and had my #37 among others signed by Bissette, Totleben and Veitch. Still at CGC amongst the cobwebs.

I stopped buying comics around 1987 after college and haven't bought a new book since but I returned to collecting about 7-8 years ago, mainly GA with some SA and BA focus.

Swamp Thing #7 (Batman cover - Wein/Wrightson series) is one of my favorite comics ever.

Hard to disagree. (thumbs u

....aaaaaaaand, that's ten.

SwampThing1090.jpg

First run I've completed (issue by issue, anyway) since returning to collecting after a decade or so hiatus. Highly recommended to everyone!

:acclaim:

...and now, let the upgrade quest begin. Right after I read these ten again for the first time in way too long...

I purchased this at this past weekend's Heritage auction:

WrightsonCatalog.jpg

Here's the Heritage description:

The Berni Wrightson Catalog (New York Comic Art Gallery, 1977). Number 248 in a limited edition of 500 hand-signed and numbered copies, autographed by Wrightson on the title page. In excellent condition with light wear along the spine, accompanied by assorted flyers, price lists, and announcements from the New York Comic Art Gallery.

Don't have it in hand yet, and looking forward to seeing what's inside.

I purchased this at this past weekend's Heritage auction:

WrightsonCatalog.jpg

Here's the Heritage description:

The Berni Wrightson Catalog (New York Comic Art Gallery, 1977). Number 248 in a limited edition of 500 hand-signed and numbered copies, autographed by Wrightson on the title page. In excellent condition with light wear along the spine, accompanied by assorted flyers, price lists, and announcements from the New York Comic Art Gallery.

Don't have it in hand yet, and looking forward to seeing what's inside.

Hmmmm.... I think I need one of those now...