• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bernie Wrightson Appreciation Thread

287 posts in this topic

Here's another that I just upgraded. I'd like to get this one Sig Series, so I might wait on it.

I have about 5 books I want done SS.

Dice, pardon the noob question, but do you prep your SS books for sig placement with windows cut in bags and boards, or just leave it up to the individual creator to decide where to sign?

Thanks

Here's another that I just upgraded. I'd like to get this one Sig Series, so I might wait on it.

Dice, pardon the noob question, but do you prep your SS books for sig placement with windows cut in bags and boards, or just leave it up to the individual creator to decide where to sign?

Thanks

I've not submitted a book for sig series yet, but you can bet that I'll pack it like a brick with just a hole for them to sign it through. That way it's protected from handling and the sig gets placed where I want it. (thumbs u

Thanks

I've not submitted a book for sig series yet, but you can bet that I'll pack it like a brick with just a hole for them to sign it through. That way it's protected from handling and the sig gets placed where I want it. (thumbs u

Gotcha, thanks (thumbs u

AlexH hooked me up with this copy in the Holiday Raffle sig mix I got from him.

scan0727.jpg

Signed by Wrightson and Wein. Book is in really sharp condition for how old it is. I don't really collect Swamp Thing at all though so it is currently just chilling out now in a box of random comics.

Got a Swamp Thing 1 signed at London con but won't see it for months as it was subbed via DWC for CGC SS.

Also got a Swampie tp signed by him. A genuinely nice gentleman to talk to. Meeting him was one of the highlights of the whole weekend for me.

At the London con I bought a copy of the 'Creepy Presents :  Bernie Wrightson' hardcover for him to sign.  Nice guy.

I was going to see him in Baltimore last year but I only had the early morning and he was running late so I ended up giving my Captain Sternn 2 to the CGC folks for him to sign.

Anyway, I'm sure the last thing he wanted to hear was yet another fan telling him how awesome he is...

Anyone know BW's convention appearances this year? I was hoping he'd be at WonderCon this year since I got a bunch of ST items to get signed but be isn't listed.

I was able to catch him at Long Beach Expo and LBCC last year but sadly he's also not listed in attending them so far.