• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dealer Selling Rule #1

1,007 posts in this topic

Some seem to like him to hang out.

In those photos...he was having a good time in someone's booth...

Also, Jamie Graham didn't seem to have a problem with Doug hanging out at his booth at Florida Supercon.

To some dealers, I guess they are okay giving a guy who apparenty has millions in comics (not to mention what else he may have like a very large house, etc)...hang out in their booth for free while he freeloads on others backs.

Remember:

screaming-fan.jpg

That's a very easy answer - Doug likes to spend everyone's money but his own.

i'm staying out of the stereotypical comments. i never met doug, but he made money for me when i listed a book on his site, since i am banned on CL. he didn't blink when i listed my asking price.

but what he did at bob's booth was supadouchey. doh!

Why are you banned on CL?

i'm staying out of the stereotypical comments. i never met doug, but he made money for me when i listed a book on his site, since i am banned on CL. he didn't blink when i listed my asking price.

So because he has previously earned you $$$, you're willing to ignore his disbarment and his comic selling shenanigans? (shrug)

[font:Book Antiqua]+ 1 I am curious too...

Maybe not your personal details,

but most how anybody could be banned from Clink.[/font]

(shrug)

(shrug)

I'm banned too. :hi:

(shrug)

I'm banned too. :hi:

....... and I bet you're soooo gutted about that. :whistle:

He won't be able to respond for at least seven days. lol

I can relate, Bob, and it's unfortunate that this happened to you. :( How could he not know that this is a no-no, -head move? (shrug)

I've set up at comic shows, coin shows, stamp shows, military shows, antique shows, and sports card shows, and this type of behaviour is just not expected, nor allowed. Perhaps he has really never heard of this before. If he has never set up at a show before, then I could accept that excuse.

I've got a retail shop and about once a year, some will try to buy something from or sell something to another customer that's in my shop. Some folks just don't get it, usually the ones with siht for brains, but thankfully, some do.

Andy

I can relate, Bob, and it's unfortunate that this happened to you. :( How could he not know that this is a no-no, -head move? (shrug)

I've set up at comic shows, coin shows, stamp shows, military shows, antique shows, and sports card shows, and this type of behaviour is just not expected, nor allowed. Perhaps he has really never heard of this before. If he has never set up at a show before, then I could accept that excuse.

I've got a retail shop and about once a year, some will try to buy something from or sell something to another customer that's in my shop. Some folks just don't get it, usually the ones with siht for brains, but thankfully, some do.

Andy

Andy, stop giving these turkeys any credit. They know EXACTLY what they're doing. Either you have an innate sense of what's appropriate, or you figure it out the first time a store owner or show dealer snaps at you for crossing the line.

In this case, there was no mistake or obliviousness--just flat out narcissism and willingness to screw a colleague.

Anyone who thinks he doesn't "know" he's doing anything wrong is giving him more benefit of the doubt than I would. My guess is that he uses feigned ignorance to try and hide from what he's doing.

Basically,

Does anyone else look at that picture and think that Matt and Doug are cackling? I keep hearing the Wicked Witch from Oz saying....something like "Now, I've got you, My Pretties"

We were waiting for one of the holier-than-thous' to make this connection. Sharon is the.... ^^

Anyone who thinks he doesn't "know" he's doing anything wrong is giving him more benefit of the doubt than I would. My guess is that he uses feigned ignorance to try and hide from what he's doing.

Basically,

Does anyone else look at that picture and think that Matt and Doug are cackling? I keep hearing the Wicked Witch from Oz saying....something like "Now, I've got you, My Pretties"

We were waiting for one of the holier-than-thous' to make this connection. Sharon is the.... ^^

The 'holier-than-thous' translates as 'those with ethics', if anybody's interested. (thumbs u

Basically,

Im sorry, you keep terrible company. And is this actually Matt or one of your shills.

Feel free to defend your integri..... Never mind, you have none.

Basically,

I don't think the poor form of Doug trying to sell to Bob's customer at Bob's booth, extends to you by any means Matt.

I think anyone would be annoyed at someone poaching a customer of theirs but I don't see how any of it should be on you. You just happened to be in that picture.