• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signature Series Trading Weekend date set for Nov 24-27

264 posts in this topic

I've had that happen in the past with these events. I think part of the cause of it may be that the value of a book is perceived differently by each party. I know there are some books that others would put a monetary value of $200-250 on that I'm only moderately interested in but wouldn't pay/trade anywhere near that amount for them.

It happens. When it does you just have to move on the the next deal and try again.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING :hi:

I added some SS books for trade to the other thread. Hope for some interest.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=58&Number=5252958&Searchpage=1&Main=239849&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post5252958

ASM 298 CGC 8.5 McFarlane

ASM 300 CGC 9.0 McFarlane

DAREDEVIL 26 CGC 4.0 Gene Colan

DR STRANGE 1 CGC 9.6 Frank Brunner

RED SONJA 12 CGC 9.8 Frank Brunner

NEW MUTANTS 87 CGC 9.6 Liefeld

DEADPOOL 1 CGC 9.6 Clayton Crain

Nothing.... people are being tight with their books...

OR...people are being cheap with their trade offers...not that anyone from this board is cheap...*COUGH*COUGH*

I would love some of these books from various peeps in this thread, but all the stuff i have to offer ... i don't think anyone would want. :cry:

I dunno ... lemme send a PM or two ........... or three ...

One piece of advice for everyone. Don't try to trade easy to get books for hard to get books. It will only cause hurt feelings. Also, if you have posted stuff that you don't want, you really need to evaluate whether anyone else is going to want it here. This forum is made up of a large percentage of fairly well connected and long standing SS mavens. Remember that as well. Most of all just have fun and keep an open mind.

I have two trades done and three PMs worth of stuff to go through when I get back to Ohio. Trades are the best! Have fun and Happy thanksgiving to all.

I have about 3 potential trades in the works. If none pan out, oh well, but at least the dialogue was started by me...

Don't be afraid to go after things you want. I would almost bet that people who made a list of things they want would be interested in even more, because potentially that is the only way a trade is going to be made. To think people have the exact item you want is going to be difficult, but making generalities (such as celebrity signatures, or Walking Dead, Hulk etc) will make it open up more...

Just my opinion

One piece of advice for everyone. Don't try to trade easy to get books for hard to get books. It will only cause hurt feelings. Also, if you have posted stuff that you don't want, you really need to evaluate whether anyone else is going to want it here. This forum is made up of a large percentage of fairly well connected and long standing SS mavens. Remember that as well. Most of all just have fun and keep an open mind.

I have two trades done and three PMs worth of stuff to go through when I get back to Ohio. Trades are the best! Have fun and Happy thanksgiving to all.

Great minds and good looking guys think alike...