• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,861 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Along with wondering if I have time to slab, I wonder as it's only 144 issues of content if itll be blown through in 3 seasons, then if a new invincible in any media will start up again, so it is the unknown 

I was more interested in the book invincible, value is 2nd to that, but in the end time is a factor and I've not been in this position 

Logic towards past trends is that I have time before 2 more seasons are over and done with, then at that time I'll have more info, still wanted a lifeline not to sell to soon so when mentioned I asked no worries 

Invincible is more up my alley, because I had a college friend who raved about it. Umbrella academy or other Netflix I just havent gotten into

For sure

And those both of you are all good points, which brings me to, if the ones I have are keys kinda or near the main keys but are not any of the first 20 issues etc

I know the first 20 are hot now, I've got minor toward the middlekeys, and I just dont want to lose hope,  as some of those are starting to pick up now,

I think folks eagerly await season 2. Question is, how long the wait? I think 144 issues will take a lot longer than 3 short seasons.

8 hours ago, followtheleader said:

HAHA, so true. 

I'm more surprised when something isn't expensive now.  Feeling like someone's pulling a fast one on me. 

Patrick

It's copper but I thought this with Wolverine 10. I picked one up the other day that was very nice and that was very affordable. I don't see why this book wouldn't have gone off a little bit. 

I guess the retcon of Wolverine's origin really lowered some early clue issues. For some reason they decided Sabretooth was more of a red herring.

On 5/15/2021 at 12:17 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

The $1 sales were likely Bad Idea retailers selling copies on eBay for the Bad Idea-mandated price of no more than cover price. After that day, they had to return unsold copies, so the only sales would be flippers, who are of course going to mark everything up.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154459088629?hash=item23f67aa6f5:g:eeUAAOSwy71gpEAs

Holy a 9.8 Voldy slab of Hank Howard Pizza Detective In Caligula’s Safe  is already on the market... is this real?  

Interestingly, the notation states a bunch of 1st appearances with the book:  Hank Howard, Deep Fake, Spear, Numb, and  Saver.  Could be a good cheap book to hold instead of sell depending on how Bad idea develops these characters.  I loved the Save Now story. 

Edited by Wolverinex

Seeing this talk re: Invincible, are there any issues of note past #110? I landed a run from #114 to #140 in a collection last year that I just dug out while continuing to process it over the weekend.

Edited by kimik

3 minutes ago, kimik said:

Seeing this talk re: Invincible, are there any issues of note past #110? I landed a run from #114 to #140 in a collection last year that I just dug out while continuing to process it over the weekend.

#115 seems to do alright :) 

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

#115 seems to do alright :) 

Thanks. Looks like there may be something of value in it then. The rest are just $1 or $2 bin fodder then?

2 minutes ago, kimik said:

Thanks. Looks like there may be something of value in it then. The rest are just $1 or $2 bin fodder then?

#144 is more $$ but that wasn't in the run you got, but the run you have so far maybe $5 fodder for the time being and as far as I know, I'm still fairly new to this series :foryou: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

41 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154459088629?hash=item23f67aa6f5:g:eeUAAOSwy71gpEAs

Holy a 9.8 Voldy slab of Hank Howard Pizza Detective In Caligula’s Safe  is already on the market... is this real?  

Interestingly, the notation states a bunch of 1st appearances with the book:  Hank Howard, Deep Fake, Super Bomb,  Saver.  Could be a good cheap book to hold instead of sell depending on how Bad idea develops these characters.  I loved the Saver story. 

Does CBCS have a walkthrough like service? I'm sure it's real. 

I wonder about the first apps though... wasn't this story featured in full in another title? So why would these be the first apps? Think that's a mistake, right?

14 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:

Does CBCS have a walkthrough like service? I'm sure it's real. 

I wonder about the first apps though... wasn't this story featured in full in another title? So why would these be the first apps? Think that's a mistake, right?

I know it's def the first appearance of Saver which was honestly the best story in the comic.  Was Hank Howard in Eniac? 

59 minutes ago, kimik said:

Just about any issue is selling with some regular issues go over $10 an issue. I would pay particular interest to 2nd prints that have not taken off yet. I passed on a couple this week that I may go back and get just because I am cheap.

Edited by fastballspecial

18 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:
1 hour ago, kimik said:

Just about any issue is selling with some regular issues go over $10 an issue. I would pay particular interest to 2nd prints that have not taken off yet. I passed on a couple this week that I may go back and get just because I am cheap.

That's were I was yesterday lol with no real knowledge of the "series" per se, all the $10 sales now profit since I got most of them for cover price, do I abandon ship or not haha

Thanks for the lifeline though, it may have a bit of staying power, if I can get to the keys that are not well spoken for, just hard when I'd have have to resort to something like the key collector app haha

I'm new I'm new I don't know what to do :foryou: 

16 hours ago, littledoom said:
16 hours ago, Timeless icons said:

Thor 5 (2007) Lady Loki were steadily selling at $40-50 raw on E-Bay. Doesn't seem to be much of price difference yet between the standard vs variant cover yet. Asking prices are now upwards of $50-90 each for raw and graded copies for sale are almost non existent aside from a single 9.6 on E-Bay for $944.99. Rumor is, Lady Loki is going to be a fan favorite. hm

2008?

I sold so many campbells for $5 in the past - gee whiz

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
25 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:
1 hour ago, kimik said:

That's were I was yesterday lol with no real knowledge of the "series" per se, all the $10 sales now profit since I got most of them for cover price, do I abandon ship or not haha

Thanks for the lifeline though, it may have a bit of staying power, if I can get to the keys that are not well spoken for, just hard when I'd have have to resort to something like the key collector app haha

I'm new I'm new I don't know what to do :foryou: 

Thanks to both of you. So not $1 or $2 bin fodder. That is where the recent Valiant runs will go instead. lol 

4 minutes ago, kimik said:

Thanks to both of you. So not $1 or $2 bin fodder. That is where the recent Valiant runs will go instead. lol 

Ya @fastballspecial hit it dead on, besides the issues that you have that are later in the run, the cover price is $5.99, so give it at least a $10 for a bit of profit (thumbsu 

14 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya @fastballspecial hit it dead on, besides the issues that you have that are later in the run, the cover price is $5.99, so give it at least a $10 for a bit of profit (thumbsu 

The cost worked out to less $0.50 CAD per issue in this small collection. I bought it for a few gems, and then $1-$2 bin fodder since I was basically out of it to start 2020.

1 minute ago, kimik said:

The cost worked out to less $0.50 CAD per issue in this small collection. I bought it for a few gems, and then $1-$2 bin fodder since I was basically out of it to start 2020.

for sure you scored, I might still give it time to pick up, or "keys" to somehow materialize lol I'm hoping for something out of nothing with some of mine. The earlier issues cover price were $2.99, so of those I picked up, I'm liking the $10 flat bottom market value per book. Still idk, I slept on it and it's given me new hope to slab some and still collect the series. I was hoping to sell doubles to pay for the cost of slabbing them all (big under taking etc) so 

looks promising :) 

1 minute ago, BishopT said:

Glad to see Invincible 144 doing well, I picked up around 10 copies of both covers for 25 cents a piece at a store closing sale not too long ago. They were always good $10-15 sales.

I've been spoiled rotten, at cover price, and I had a chance to pick up the #144 variant but picked up the reg cover instead, went back and the variant was gone lol