• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, kimik said:

Thanks. Looks like there may be something of value in it then. The rest are just $1 or $2 bin fodder then?

No. Better than that. The filler books seem to be $5-10 now, with lots getting $5 maybe more a book, more or less. I'd buy them all day at $1-2. And I understand a $5 sale on a $2 purchase is maybe not so exciting, but the fact that these sell as lots pretty well at a good price and there are mini keys scattered in there that might be quicker $8-15 sales make even the filler worth buying. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=invincible+lot+image&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_odkw=invincible+66&_osacat=0&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1

This may not be on the radar for some so thought I'd mention it. True Believers Venom vs. Spider-Man ($1.00 or less originally - 5/2018) has been fluctuating time to time, but lately it is moving a bit more and a 9.8 was recently sold for 49.99 + shipping. Raws are anywhere from $3 to 10 sold: true believers venom vs spider-man 1 | eBay

I imagine this momentum, however long-lived, is due in part to the uptick/surge in ASM #300 among other things. The red cover is the first print reprint, and the gold/yellow seems to be more scarce as a second print reprint (pics below).

Just putting this out there to watch if you have any sleeping in a box somewhere. I have a bunch set aside because in 2018 I loaded up and gave some away to some children community programs (PAL, National Night Out) and the local children's hospital ward when I was going through chemo. Just caught my eye recently as I was doing some research so thought I'd share in the event these grow more legs.

TRUE BELIEVERS VENOM VS SPIDER-MAN #1 REPRINT Amazing Spiderman #300 Comics NMTrue Believers Venom Vs Spider-Man #1 Marvel Gold Variant Comic Book VF

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

7 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Just about any issue is selling with some regular issues go over $10 an issue. I would pay particular interest to 2nd prints that have not taken off yet. I passed on a couple this week that I may go back and get just because I am cheap.

FSB hit on the point I would have. 

The 2nd prints.  Many are not worth much now in the higher numbers. 

But I honestly think it's because they are not very identifiable (look exactly the same).  Easiest way for me to tell is when the 1st and 2nd are side-by-side. 

There are a couple variants that are not too high yet.  I've always said the Gwenvincible cover might be something (come one, Invincible and Spider-Gwen mash-up).  There is also a Youngblood variant of 133.  I kind of like it (similar to the Spawn "Youngblood" variant). 

Patrick 

13 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

But I honestly think it's because they are not very identifiable (look exactly the same).  Easiest way for me to tell is when the 1st and 2nd are side-by-side. 

There are a couple variants that are not too high yet.  I've always said the Gwenvincible cover might be something (come one, Invincible and Spider-Gwen mash-up).  There is also a Youngblood variant of 133.  I kind of like it (similar to the Spawn "Youngblood" variant). 

Patrick 

I noticed it early on with invincible returns as I have the 2nd print and the variant.

Also #89 I think sold well even in 2nd print

7 hours ago, BishopT said:

Glad to see Invincible 144 doing well, I picked up around 10 copies of both covers for 25 cents a piece at a store closing sale not too long ago. They were always good $10-15 sales.

judging from my last sale of 144  you are going to do alot better then that.

Edited by fastballspecial

1 hour ago, followtheleader said:

Patrick 

Boy we think alike I just picked up them both yesterday.  I honestly was guessing, but I thought they were both limited.

6 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

The 2nd print is tough I have been looking awhile for it.
I have found several of the 1st print which sells well too.

And thanks for the tip on 144, I had noticed not a lot of cgc sales per se, so I've only typed in invincible and looking at sold lol

doh! as I cant memorize all the issues I have, but yes there is a black and white of returns #1 and I dont see it mentioned anywhere but it sells every once in a while....this is the variant  I have the one where invincible is coming toward you of returns #1

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
Of returns #1

7 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Boy we think alike I just picked up them both yesterday.  I honestly was guessing, but I thought they were both limited.

I think the Gwenvincible had a standard color version and a rarer black and white.  I haven't run across the B&W.  Says something, either quite rare or I made it up in my mind.  Pretty sure the 133 was 50-50, but I could be wrong.

Patrick 

2 hours ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

This may not be on the radar for some so thought I'd mention it. True Believers Venom vs. Spider-Man ($1.00 or less originally - 5/2018) has been fluctuating time to time, but lately it is moving a bit more and a 9.8 was recently sold for 49.99 + shipping. Raws are anywhere from $3 to 10 sold: true believers venom vs spider-man 1 | eBay

I imagine this momentum, however long-lived, is due in part to the uptick/surge in ASM #300 among other things. The red cover is the first print reprint, and the gold/yellow seems to be more scarce as a second print reprint (pics below).

Just putting this out there to watch if you have any sleeping in a box somewhere. I have a bunch set aside because in 2018 I loaded up and gave some away to some children community programs (PAL, National Night Out) and the local children's hospital ward when I was going through chemo. Just caught my eye recently as I was doing some research so thought I'd share in the event these grow more legs.

TRUE BELIEVERS VENOM VS SPIDER-MAN #1 REPRINT Amazing Spiderman #300 Comics NMTrue Believers Venom Vs Spider-Man #1 Marvel Gold Variant Comic Book VF

The 2019 3d reprint is selling pretty consistently around $15+ and that's from 2019: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=venom+3d+amazing+spider-man&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1     

I meant to buy one of these just to goof around and read but at $20? I don't know anymore...

9 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

I think the Gwenvincible had a standard color version and a rarer black and white.  I haven't run across the B&W.  Says something, either quite rare or I made it up in my mind.  Pretty sure the 133 was 50-50, but I could be wrong.

Patrick 

Guess I'm not crazy.  Summit Retailer variant.  Pretty cheap still.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=invincible+135&_sacat=259104&_pgn=1

Patrick

53 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Patrick 

It I picked up the Black and White Previews Retailer Summit Variant. I havent seen the color version locally, but price wise
both are about the same currently.

9 hours ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

A few to watch here to include Rick and Morty's the Vindicators / New TV Project:

Rick And Morty's crappy superheroes are getting their own spin-off (msn.com)

Damn, I bought a bunch of those convention ones with them on it (ECCC and or C2E2 I think?) and forgot to sell them back then. I think there were some store exclusives too, but cant remember. I love the show and would watch a show with them on it.

1 hour ago, kevhtx said:

Damn, I bought a bunch of those convention ones with them on it (ECCC and or C2E2 I think?) and forgot to sell them back then. I think there were some store exclusives too, but cant remember. I love the show and would watch a show with them on it.

Here are the variants:

R&M Vind.png

And Cover A:

Spoiler

Rick and Morty Presents The Vindicators "1st App. Pickle Rick"  (3/14/18)

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

18 minutes ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

Here are the variants:

R&M Vind.png

And Cover A:

Reveal hidden contents

Rick and Morty Presents The Vindicators "1st App. Pickle Rick"  (3/14/18)

Yeah, I have 5 or 6 of those....I think 2 each of them. I might only have one of the ECCC cover. I also have the Frankie's comics cover I believe....a couple of them.

Edited by kevhtx

Continuing to monitor FSWW1 sales, looks pretty strong this week. Raws of Cover A are still going for $15-20 but if 9.8s stay at $200 when more test the market expect that to rise a bit more. The reviews for Wonder Girl 1 have been largely positive so far...

image.thumb.png.88d4038f58c3499de508341ff7e03d3b.png

image.thumb.png.21bb444502f01a8c8f3639e67372cb3d.png

image.thumb.png.9603be23f67ba265091ca0db03d3477d.png

Wish I would've grabbed more of the Future State previews but we'll see if those prices hold. These are folks who slabbed this book early but I bet there are going to be a lot of copies sent in to CGC over the next couple weeks. Cover A is going to be the Yara book for the time being, but I'm interested to see which of the design variant 2nd cover or Cover B is more popular when the dust settles. 

I'm also very interested to see how the first Wonder Girl 9.8 slabs do, particularly the Grampa variant. My copies were very, very nice structurally but the foil seems to pick up scratches, scuffs, and fingerprints very, very, very easily. I think this might end up being a rare modern with a low 9.8% potentially but we'll see how forgiving CGC is with them...

This has been your weekly FSWW1 update. See y'all next week*!

*you can't be rid of me that easy :devil: