• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Nemesis 1... that’s a book I bought when it came out and bought multiples of over the years but it’s hard to buy when there is zero I mean zero spec talk on.... I feel the same way for Wanted... you could buy the whole series set for $5... time to rebuy Wanted! 

I bought two Yu variant of Nemesis 1 a couple years ago (one was off Amazon for like $60-70). Sent one to C2E2 a couple years ago too and got signed by Millar. Decent grades for a book thats a hard 9.8. Im hoping this gets some buzz and ill offload one or both....

IMG_4157.thumb.jpg.461477c1e95e380c8bf786d1b711de50.jpg

17 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

I bought two Yu variant of Nemesis 1 a couple years ago (one was off Amazon for like $60-70). Sent one to C2E2 a couple years ago too and got signed by Millar. Decent grades for a book thats a hard 9.8. Im hoping this gets some buzz and ill offload one or both....

IMG_4157.thumb.jpg.461477c1e95e380c8bf786d1b711de50.jpg

Minus well wait longer. There’s really no steam.. I’d wait until it’s officially announced, trailer, etc u know the drill 

39 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Nemesis 1... that’s a book I bought when it came out and bought multiples of over the years but it’s hard to buy when there is zero I mean zero spec talk on.... I feel the same way for Wanted... you could buy the whole series set for $5... time to rebuy Wanted! 

I have tons of Incognito. Another one that is currently dead.

You'd think not having a lot of material would make it harder for a TV show, but Jupiters Legacy happened and there are what, maybe 15 total books? Happy was actually a fun show and that was loosely based on what, 4 issues? Another one that is dead. I found all my copies after the show was over.

26 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Minus well wait longer. There’s really no steam.. I’d wait until it’s officially announced, trailer, etc u know the drill 

Yep, Ill definitely wait until a trailer or the show comes out (if the buzz seems good). I sold a bunch of my Jupiter's Legacy books. Obviously didnt sell as well or high as Umbrella Academy, but definitely decent prices. Made a some on them for sure.

46 minutes ago, the blob said:

I have tons of Incognito. Another one that is currently dead.

You'd think not having a lot of material would make it harder for a TV show, but Jupiters Legacy happened and there are what, maybe 15 total books? Happy was actually a fun show and that was loosely based on what, 4 issues? Another one that is dead. I found all my copies after the show was over.

That’s another title I bought when it came out. Still have my #1.. those Icon  Millar books are worth looking into.. Superior and Boom, Irredeemable.. late 2000s/early 2010s! 

FYI - Not sure if this is new news, but Charles Soule said on twitter the other day that Curse Words was optioned. Thats another that I have a few #1s. I read the first couple and it was a clever series. I liked it, but as usual, didnt find the time to keep reading it.

Might be a good spec at cover price.

55 minutes ago, rckstr1253 said:

Personally I think the Jenny frison Fssw #1 is the way to go.   The regular cover is blah to me and a butt load were found in Walmart packs.  So I’m sure more of cover A exist than the frison variant

the market has spoken and apparently it prefers the boring krappy cover for reasons entirely unclear to me

29 minutes ago, the blob said:

the market has spoken and apparently it prefers the boring krappy cover for reasons entirely unclear to me

Yea for now but I think collectors and people speculating will eventually go to the frison variant more as less are probably printed than the regular cover and the art is a hell of a lot better.  The regular cover is junk to me.  I’d rather have the orange 2nd printing over the boring 1st cover

16 minutes ago, rckstr1253 said:

Yea for now but I think collectors and people speculating will eventually go to the frison variant more as less are probably printed than the regular cover and the art is a hell of a lot better.  The regular cover is junk to me.  I’d rather have the orange 2nd printing over the boring 1st cover

I knew nothing about the book. I saw that cover and said "that is a frigging cool cover" and bought it. I almost never do that.

11 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Didn't they all get killed?

***I hope Noob Noob gets his own teamlol

Who knows what will spin-off nowadays!

Because of the Vindicators news, I'm also watching Rick and Morty #37 the Pickle Rick Homage cover, it should make some moves too I imagine.

Rick and Morty #37 Pickle Rick X-Men 141 Homage 🔥 CGC 9.8 🔥

10 minutes ago, the blob said:

I knew nothing about the book. I saw that cover and said "that is a frigging cool cover" and bought it. I almost never do that.

Which one the second print

Future State Wonder Woman #1 (of 2) Second Printing DC Comics Comic Book

or the Frison variant?

Future State Wonder Woman #1 Frison Variant NM Gem Wow

30 minutes ago, rckstr1253 said:

If one cover happened to be printed at 10% of the numbers of the other, then I could understand the less available one being hunted after. But I imagine that doesn't make as much of a difference if the split is something like 60/40. In that case, people are going to go after the art that they like (unless they're looking to get both). In the case of FSWW, I think the trade dress of 1A and the cover art makes it more appealing than 1B, although the B cover is still decent.

8 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

If one cover happened to be printed at 10% of the numbers of the other, then I could understand the less available one being hunted after. But I imagine that doesn't make as much of a difference if the split is something like 60/40. In that case, people are going to go after the art that they like (unless they're looking to get both). In the case of FSWW, I think the trade dress of 1A and the cover art makes it more appealing than 1B, although the B cover is still decent.

You could be right.  I’m not saying I’m right it’s just what I feel will happen.  Cover A to me is garbage and I have a few of it after buying Walmart packs.  So for me, if cover a is the one to have I have a bunch.  I like the frison cover B more and it actually pops color wise than the boring white border with greenish whatever that is on cover A

56 minutes ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

Who knows what will spin-off nowadays!

Because of the Vindicators news, I'm also watching Rick and Morty #37 the Pickle Rick Homage cover, it should make some moves too I imagine.

Rick and Morty #37 Pickle Rick X-Men 141 Homage 🔥 CGC 9.8 🔥

I picked this one up off a wall at a local shop for $10 before the pandemic because I thought it was a cool cover and I loved the episode.  I never thought it would be worth more.