• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,835 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I'll typically order 5 of any new Image #1, but I only picked up one; figured there's little chance a book with animals is going to be adapted.

It was optioned by Paramount months before #1 was released… if you’re saying you didn’t think that option actually sees the light of day I’d say we still don’t know yet, it might it might not. 

14 hours ago, Legion of Goom said:

Beautiful copy, congrats!! I've got a 9.6 that I think has upgrade potential, but I don't have the testicular fortitude to risk anything happening to it on a resubmission lol

15 hours ago, da.amazing.spiderman said:

I usually lurk in the Bronze and Silver Age arena.  However, I couldn't help noticing the discussion about Bone #1.

:blush:

bone 1.jpg

This book is all about the corners on the left. I think my 9.6 is probably a 9.8 too. Was graded back in 2012 and will be resubmitted.

8 hours ago, gradejunky said:

This might be known since Spawn has been hot as hell, but I was not aware that any of them past 302 were doing anything, regular covers wise.  #306 is getting fire:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=spawn+306&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

Good to know.  Should have been obvious to me as his story seemed important.  Guessing it's tied to the Spawn Universe release which is tomorrow.

Patrick

9 hours ago, wiparker824 said:
11 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I'll typically order 5 of any new Image #1, but I only picked up one; figured there's little chance a book with animals is going to be adapted.

It was optioned by Paramount months before #1 was released… if you’re saying you didn’t think that option actually sees the light of day I’d say we still don’t know yet, it might it might not. 

Options typically expire within 12 months . . . or less. That's why it's called an "option." :bigsmile:

35 minutes ago, divad said:

Options typically expire within 12 months . . . or less. That's why it's called an "option." :bigsmile:

Yep. 12-18 months typically although Paramount still has time but I’m any case many things get optioned that never become anything

23 minutes ago, wiparker824 said:

Yep. 12-18 months typically although Paramount still has time but I’m any case many things get optioned that never become anything

They can pay to extend it too potentially. Just depends on the contract and what the creator accepts.

29 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

They can pay to extend it too potentially. Just depends on the contract and what the creator accepts.

Yep that often happens or it bounces around… I’ve heard of Chew being optioned by this studio then being made by that studio for like 10 years now lol.

I'm not a lawyer, but my understanding is that an option is basically just temporary (usually a year, but potentially renewable) exclusive right to develop an IP. That's usually going to mean getting a first draft of a -script and shopping it around Hollywood to try to get people with money or people with name recognition and influence interested enough to get the ball rolling. Tons of stuff gets stuck in development hell because all of the pieces don't come together.

25 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I'm not a lawyer, but my understanding is that an option is basically just temporary (usually a year, but potentially renewable) exclusive right to develop an IP. That's usually going to mean getting a first draft of a --script and shopping it around Hollywood to try to get people with money or people with name recognition and influence interested enough to get the ball rolling. Tons of stuff gets stuck in development hell because all of the pieces don't come together.

Im a hobby writer (never had anything optioned...yet). Yes, they are temporary, but definitely can be extended if the creator accepts it. Basically, they'll get paid again. Lots of reasons why a studio wants to do a project but it goes past the option period before development starts.

On 6/17/2021 at 6:45 PM, wiparker824 said:

Not interested in arguing semantics on start of the pandemic was merely talking about where it bottomed out. For what it’s worth there’s no data that I see from Feb, last 9.8 before 3/20 is from end of Nov in 2019 and it sold for $1560 which is in line with the prices I listed from March… not sure what we’re really talking about at this point. 

ok, that's more relevant, surprised only one sold in 3+ months

13 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I'm not a lawyer, but my understanding is that an option is basically just temporary (usually a year, but potentially renewable) exclusive right to develop an IP. That's usually going to mean getting a first draft of a --script and shopping it around Hollywood to try to get people with money or people with name recognition and influence interested enough to get the ball rolling. Tons of stuff gets stuck in development hell because all of the pieces don't come together.

Yeah Hack and Slash has been stuck there for years.

18 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Eisner Award has really helped We Live. 
I have stopped selling them now as they hit $50 raw. 

Issue 5 is doing as well or better than issue 1.  

On 6/21/2021 at 12:30 AM, williamblood said:

could also have been mis-spelled by some one on the press release for the netflix show, or changed since netflix option was nearly a year ago. it would be a weird coincidence having 2 new characters with only 1 letter difference in their names.

Cartoon is set 1000yrs in the future. (thumbsu

On 6/21/2021 at 9:33 PM, eddly said:

Well… Stray Dogs 1 is pretty hot at the moment:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373620238078?hash=item56fd8066fe:g:8BUAAOSwY49gzVRh

The auction is still going, ending in 3 hours... now at $574!

Only 30 copies graded, all 9.8s (likely all sent in as part of pre-screen submissions). Wow only 30 copies!!!! Must be rare right? :tonofbricks: I guess I better send in the three copies I have... in 4 to 5 months will a 9.8 still be worth this much?

On 6/22/2021 at 10:39 AM, gradejunky said:

This might be known since Spawn has been hot as hell, but I was not aware that any of them past 302 were doing anything, regular covers wise.  #306 is getting fire:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=spawn+306&_sacat=0&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

Yeah I noticed that. I sold a cover A for $50 last week and I definitely sold the Gunslinger variant too early. Still have a B and virgin c, though.

Thats why I’m getting every Spawn cover new as they release.

19 minutes ago, BishopT said:

Yeah I noticed that. I sold a cover A for $50 last week and I definitely sold the Gunslinger variant too early. Still have a B and virgin c, though.

Thats why I’m getting every Spawn cover new as they release.

306d had been $60-80+ out of the gate (Gunslinger cover) as it was solicited super late and many LCS / collectors missed. Interesting to see the other covers selling 👍