• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,829 posts in this topic

Sonic the Hedgehog spoilers ahead, do not click if you haven't seen the movie yet!

Spoiler

Anything with Shadow the Hedgehog on the cover is potential money, as he was in the end credits scene in the Sonic 2 movie. sellers are asking crazy dinero for his first appearance, the ebay link i'm posting here is issue #157 which is Shadow all by his lonesome in cool pose, and what I feel will be the most sought after, next to his 1st app.

sonic the hedgehog 157 in Comics: Search Result | eBay

On 4/11/2022 at 10:53 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Nomad 4 might be a bit of a sleeper. It's an early Deadpool appearance, and his first outside of the mutant titles.

I go off of what @Bird sells me and I gave him several hundred for Secret Defenders, Nomad and then some later Avengers West Coast comics when Roy Thomas was writing it with his wife. If what Bird tells me is correct, Secret Defenders is the next biggest thing for some time. Oh, and US Agent's mini series- I got #2-4 of that, still hunting for the elusive #1.

On 4/11/2022 at 11:21 PM, Dimebag_D said:

Sonic the Hedgehog spoilers ahead, do not click if you haven't seen the movie yet!

Reveal hidden contents

Anything with Shadow the Hedgehog on the cover is potential money, as he was in the end credits scene in the Sonic 2 movie. sellers are asking crazy dinero for his first appearance, the ebay link i'm posting here is issue #157 which is Shadow all by his lonesome in cool pose, and what I feel will be the most sought after, next to his 1st app.

sonic the hedgehog 157 in Comics: Search Result | eBay

He Really does that to Knuckle with the Butter? The whole Fist?

On 4/15/2022 at 6:53 PM, fastballspecial said:

Anyone keep track of how many variants and exclusives this new Twig will have? 
At least Scottie Young will make some good money from this.

Saw a Facebook post that had counted 65 (so far)

Edited by Juno Beach
add

On 4/19/2022 at 4:16 PM, kimik said:

Curious to see how the market reacts to Hulk #6 tomorrow based on everything that has been leaked so far.

Well this unfortunately probably doesn't bode well: https://www.ebay.com/itm/203800074701?hash=item2f736e59cd:g:kncAAOSwGuViWxfs

633 sold and 1,367 available at $3.19 each from one single seller on eBay still. I pre-ordered a couple of copies of this book, but the orders must be enormous on this one.

On 4/19/2022 at 3:32 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Well this unfortunately probably doesn't bode well: https://www.ebay.com/itm/203800074701?hash=item2f736e59cd:g:kncAAOSwGuViWxfs

633 sold and 1,367 available at $3.19 each from one single seller on eBay still. I pre-ordered a couple of copies of this book, but the orders must be enormous on this one.

If the seller pre-sold the 1:500s for enough to cover their costs, then this is pure profit. There are a few LCSs here that operate that way, and I can't believe people pay the price as they are literally out of the money from the start. lol 

That being said, the rumours I heard/saw a week or so ago point to this not really being a brand new character, but just another form of the Hulk. We will see, I guess. 

Edited by kimik

On 4/19/2022 at 4:32 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

This was a known 'alleged' spec before FOC ended so I suspect the quantity available will far exceed demand. 

On 4/19/2022 at 4:50 PM, kimik said:

If the seller pre-sold the 1:500s for enough to cover their costs, then this is pure profit. There are a few LCSs here that operate that way, and I can't believe people pay the price as they are literally out of the money from the start. lol 

That being said, the rumours I heard/saw a week or so ago point to this not really being a brand new character, but just another form of the Hulk. We will see, I guess. 

Yeah, that's true about the 1:500s for sure. I'd be interested to see what goes on with issue #3 as well; it's not crazy money but it's like a $10-15 book, wonder if that'll dip based on that info.

On 4/19/2022 at 4:16 PM, kimik said:

Curious to see how the market reacts to Hulk #6 tomorrow based on everything that has been leaked so far.

I stayed far away. It may bite me later, but I just think this book will be printed to death. Only one worse
is Twig I think lately.