• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,833 posts in this topic

On 8/3/2022 at 2:25 PM, PossumGrease said:

As a consumer, WhatNot prices are insanely all over the board. Some quarter-bin books will sell for $20 and other $20 books go for a $1. That whole "You never know what you might get" vibe is what makes it fun for me the consumer. Usually though, it seems that if you have at least 20 people in the room, the book tends to get close to the going rate. It's always hard to tell condition, so I think that tends to chill bids. I act more as a price fluffer/bottom feeder, bidding only while the price is nominal in the hope of snagging a deal. good luck on your sales.

In my experience if you can't attract a larger audience then your books just sit unless you run $1 auctions.
If they do that then you better have an audience of a decent number of people.

Ive seen sellers literally list 10 to 20 books in a row and sell one or two books as well. 

While other larger sellers sell $1 books for $10 to 15 and list no grade. That model is not sustainable.

I don't mind buying books dirt cheap on there, but eventually it will turn into just an area for larger sellers with 
decent volume.  It just another buying venue for me. I have no interest in selling there.

On 8/3/2022 at 3:19 PM, Troy Division said:

The number of sold copies of Mind MGMT #1 (2012) has increased today.

Kindt posted on Twitter that Netflix is adapting a Mind MGMT show. And that Bang! is being adapted for a movie with Idris Elba.

On 7/29/2022 at 4:56 PM, fastballspecial said:

Slab selling alone really limits your customer base. I think we are past the days of just ebay along as seller
income.

Several long time sellers on here have great ideas I still learn stuff from them as well.

Definitely, and there is a way to build a nice income stream by just selling slabs alone. There are boardies that are making nice $$$ every month by just buying the right books, pressing, slabbing and selling them via auction houses now that CGC is back on track with more reasonable grading turnaround times. Once you build up enough submissions, it is a much easier way to go as after you buy the books you just spend time packing/shipping them once to the pressing service or CGC. CGC ships them straight to the auction house and they just collect the monthly payouts. 

C2E2 exclusives bringing big money on Whatnot. ComicTom has over 500 people watching. I’m glad to see some fire somewhere because eBay is dead at the moment. 

I can see this way of selling growing significantly as the place brings the excitement. 

6E799810-DB5D-4519-9476-45722BB5FF72.jpeg

Edited by the authority

So I have the day off and decided to check out Whatnot again. Things seem more like eBay today. Saw one guy bragging about 10 UF4 books at C2E2. Pretty tone deaf. 

They move a lot of lots on the site for decent prices but there aren’t nearly as many BIG sellers as I initially thought. Still going to try this site for selling but not nearly as excited as I was a week ago.

so what’s 🔥 

On 8/10/2022 at 2:45 PM, the authority said:

So I have the day off and decided to check out Whatnot again. Things seem more like eBay today. Saw one guy bragging about 10 UF4 books at C2E2. Pretty tone deaf. 

They move a lot of lots on the site for decent prices but there aren’t nearly as many BIG sellers as I initially thought. Still going to try this site for selling but not nearly as excited as I was a week ago.

so what’s 🔥 

That's because they are hiding over the uf4 fiasco 

On 8/10/2022 at 9:57 PM, fastballspecial said:

That's because they are hiding over the uf4 fiasco 

No doubt about it. I’ve enjoyed  Whatnot up until this point. It’s fast moving and there are deals to be had there. I don’t believe I’ll let the few who disappointed everyone to change my opinion on the app. 

I’ve  purchased about 30 or so books there so far. Packages have arrived in a timely manner and all but 1 have been as described. It may not be for everyone but books are moving quickly there. Social media savvy people do have the advantage of more viewers right now but we can use this site too and we’re pretty good at selling ourselves. 

Once I figure out how to get eyes on my books, I’ll be listing thousands of books. At the moment, eBay seems off, Maybe it’s the economic conditions but I’ve been selling there for more than 20 years. Don’t recall it being this off in that period of time.

other than this, comic shows seem to be working well too. Unfortunately, work doesn’t allow me the time to hit those at present. 

On 8/10/2022 at 10:11 PM, Hekla said:

Bee and Puppycat

@Jimmy Linguini is rich

Prices on those have been going up the past few months. I am assuming someone is pushing "THIS IS A LOW PRINT RUN COVER BY THE NEXT PEACH MOMOKO" or some nonsense. Its very weird but I'll take it.

On 8/11/2022 at 9:41 AM, Jimmy Linguini said:

Prices on those have been going up the past few months. I am assuming someone is pushing "THIS IS A LOW PRINT RUN COVER BY THE NEXT PEACH MOMOKO" or some nonsense. Its very weird but I'll take it.

Netflix adaptation announced

Are any of the "spawn dark ages" worth grabbing? I thought it might be only in issue #1, which I didnt see, but I did run into a few. :shy: issues, they were behind glass for some odd reason and I'd have to ask to look at them

On 8/11/2022 at 4:35 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Are any of the "spawn dark ages" worth grabbing? I thought it might be only in issue #1, which I didnt see, but I did run into a few. :shy: issues, they were behind glass for some odd reason and I'd have to ask to look at them

Last issue and the hardcover collection (if you can find it)

On 8/16/2022 at 7:06 PM, xela_v said:

Star wars 26 releasing tomorrow getting some heat

On 8/16/2022 at 9:47 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Nice cover. Lots of firsts. Should be a good one. 

Ordered 25 early on because I collect this series. Trying to order more but none available anywhere...at least that I can find.

On 8/16/2022 at 10:06 PM, xela_v said:

Star wars 26 releasing tomorrow getting some heat

Of course it is going for $20+, I didn't order but 3 of the action figure variant.  Love the cover A but I just didn't order as I figured I could grab some later if I wanted.  I have only been ordering the regular SW series since about #20.  The reviews I have heard thus far of the regular series have been lackluster.  Oh well, I guess it will be 2nd prints for me.

On 8/17/2022 at 1:17 PM, gradejunky said:

Of course it is going for $20+, I didn't order but 3 of the action figure variant.  Love the cover A but I just didn't order as I figured I could grab some later if I wanted.  I have only been ordering the regular SW series since about #20.  The reviews I have heard thus far of the regular series have been lackluster.  Oh well, I guess it will be 2nd prints for me.

I was on vacation and spaced on pre-ordering and got Covid over the weekend, so I’m going to have to make due with the two I have in my pull when I can get in there. There is always a new hot book around the corner, though. 

On 8/17/2022 at 12:34 PM, awakeintheashes said:

I was on vacation and spaced on pre-ordering and got Covid over the weekend, so I’m going to have to make due with the two I have in my pull when I can get in there. There is always a new hot book around the corner, though. 

:foryou::shy:Get better soon, it's rough, from experience (thumbsu