• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,821 posts in this topic

On 9/12/2022 at 8:05 AM, Bird said:
On 9/10/2022 at 3:09 PM, Bird said:

down to 199 already! :devil: Off to cook some Thai Chicken, yum yum yum

down to 192 and I even added one or two more!!! w00t w00t

(Nothing heating up though, just low level sales)

Make It Rain GIF - P Diddy Money Dollars - Discover & Share GIFs

On 9/12/2022 at 11:22 AM, kimik said:

Make It Rain GIF - P Diddy Money Dollars - Discover & Share GIFs

$400-$500 a week, but the packing is a constant chore

dolla dolla bills y'all

Edited by Bird
sold a few runs of The Flash to one Greg LaRocque...D'OH!

Wow. Last post was Sept 12th. The market can’t be that cold.

At the Edmonton Expo this past weekend Artgerm covers, SW HR/HRA, Batman 3 Jokers and the Trailer Park Boys first comic (they were at the show) were selling as fast as you put them out at some points. It was a fun show for retail sales in the $10-$20 range

On 9/23/2022 at 1:51 PM, kimik said:

Wow. Last post was Sept 12th. The market can’t be that cold.

Actually it is. No real gems of note appearing.

We'll see a release of the better quality items (ie. scarce variants) when the "flash in the pan" investors become impatient, collectors need money etc.

The high end Silver/Bronze will continue to go to the auction houses.

This thread should really be tracking the significant sales.

All these mentions of items selling for $120 etc are meaningless blips.

If something is on a steady gradient up and tripling, quadrupling and so on, then that's significant.

On 9/25/2022 at 7:25 PM, fastballspecial said:

So that bothers the question. Is it ebay's changes? Whatnot cutting into their business which I believe now
or the comic market?

From my personal experience, it's gone in waves on eBay. I've gone from extreme dry spells to selling 3-4 books in a day in the past few months, and it seems random. The caveat being I only have 30-50 listings at any given time, and a lot of my books are on the $15-40 range, so I'm not a big-time seller - I consider myself a hobby seller. I have noticed that sales seem to pick up when I add more books or do mass re-pricing on my listings, so maybe there is something in the algorithm that rewards action on listings? I'm also aggressive on sending deals to watchers, and I also set prices so that I have a nice amount of room to accept offers/send deals and still make a profit on listings. I think there are a lot of deal searchers on there right now, which works if you have the margins, but is tough if you're thin.

Edited by Jesse-Lee

I pulled all of my graded listings. In the last two months or so, with the changes in the way views are calculated/displayed now, these dropped astronomically. Not sure what is going on but looking for a new venue for slab sales...

On 9/27/2022 at 4:28 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Not sure what is going on but looking for a new venue for slab sales...

The world changed. Many factors:

COVID changed people's priorities; online business exploded and more people realized they can read old and new comics online so no need for physical item which hurts sellers; glut of variants in all grades etc. etc.

The "good stuff" has been hoarded, as seen by many as insurance in these uncertain financial times. Some items will only reappear  people truly need money, and even then it will be a drastically reduced pool of potential buyers.

(* These aren't factors affecting the market? Hmmm...)

Edited by World Devourer

On 9/27/2022 at 1:28 AM, CHASEnBLUE said:

I pulled all of my graded listings. In the last two months or so, with the changes in the way views are calculated/displayed now, these dropped astronomically. Not sure what is going on but looking for a new venue for slab sales...

Try mycomicshop.com they are fairly successful. Look at the page in comics general and itay have gone to page 2or3, but there is a mcs thread describing the success and procedures 

On 9/27/2022 at 7:35 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 9/27/2022 at 12:28 AM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Try mycomicshop.com they are fairly successful. Look at the page in comics general and itay have gone to page 2or3, but there is a mcs thread describing the success and procedures 

If you are selling slabs, Clink/Heritage/Comic Connect are likely your best bet to guarantee a sale. Prices are all over the place right now, with some being higher than GPA and others being lower, but if you have to move books that is the best way to go IMHO.

mycomicshop.com has slowed down as well based on friends that have stuff on consignment there, but books are still moving a bit.

I am still moving slabs on eBay, but it tends to be older books and keys rather than recent hot moderns. That market has cooled significantly. Raw sales are hit and miss on eBay as well right now, but some books are still moving.