• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

I can see any new characters possibly having and retaining some value depending on how they are received.

I don’t understand why there’s any interest in current issues as it’s not the first time the franchisees have crossed over. Just people drinking the marketing kool-aid and FOMO I guess. 

Edited by Corona smith

Thought I'd mention this one again . . .  in the SOLD context! :bigsmile:

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #60 Aug 2004 NM+ 9.6 CARNAGE X-Scarce NEWSSTAND Edition B/O
Sold Jun 11, 2023Sold Item
$120.00
whitecollargrime (172) 100%
1 bid
+$8.75 shipping

And here's one that did well also:
THRILLKILLER #1 DC Jan 1997 NM/MT 9.8 W BATGIRL ROBIN CHAYKIN BRERETON Art B/O
Sold Apr 25, 2023Sold Item
$30.00
divadrabnud (2,008) 100%
1 bid
+$8.75 shipping

Edited by divad

On 6/17/2023 at 4:28 PM, Jackhartmann said:

Superman Batman 8 all over place with prices since Supergirl is getting positive reviews in the Flash Movie this weekend. 

A CGC 10.0 is up on the Ebay too. 

Need to find the third printing - pretty cover:

Picture 1 of 1

On 6/27/2023 at 3:27 PM, ygogolak said:

Is that yours? Doesn't look like shipping was too kind.

It was…not good, honestly.  Came from Khazakstan at the time of a big earthquake, wrapped in essentially a folder in cardboard and a black plastic trash bag.  Still a cool piece, and glad to have it, but yeah - got beat up a bit.

IMG_0435.jpeg

On 6/27/2023 at 6:48 PM, S James said:

It was…not good, honestly.  Came from Khazakstan at the time of a big earthquake, wrapped in essentially a folder in cardboard and a black plastic trash bag.  Still a cool piece, and glad to have it, but yeah - got beat up a bit.

IMG_0435.jpeg

So strange...

On 6/27/2023 at 6:40 PM, PeterPark said:

So strange...

He basically escaped Russia back in October, and I have no idea what his living situation is.  He was also pretty cool to talk to, so I can cut an artist some slack.  He was also selling it by himself rather than how he normally does it though Inkyknuckles.  I’ve bought a couple of his works from them and they were in great condition.

On 6/27/2023 at 10:37 PM, S James said:

He basically escaped Russia back in October, and I have no idea what his living situation is.  He was also pretty cool to talk to, so I can cut an artist some slack.  He was also selling it by himself rather than how he normally does it though Inkyknuckles.  I’ve bought a couple of his works from them and they were in great condition.

Well clearly you did great because that is just awesome. Nice to have a unique story as to where it came from as well. I enjoy Bratukhin's work.

On 6/27/2023 at 10:37 PM, S James said:

On 6/27/2023 at 11:22 PM, PeterPark said:

Well clearly you did great because that is just awesome. Nice to have a unique story as to where it came from as well. I enjoy Bratukhin's work.

Wow, crazy story. I heard a few years ago a lot of his OA was very difficult to get when he was living in Russia and everything shut down.