• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,830 posts in this topic

On 8/2/2023 at 6:00 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Not really hot yet, but with the hype of Spider-Boy in Spidey #7, might want to get your pre-orders in for the first issue... 

AUG230637.webp.61856fea8385f6906e4a6889c1d9b67f.webp

@kimik - 700 or more of these will run you out of the house! xD

It definitely would be an issue going with that large of an order....... lol  

I am curious to see if Spider-Boy regular series will outsell the current Miles Series. If yes, then maybe Spidey #7 will have more legs as Slott builds the Boy-verse.

On 8/3/2023 at 1:45 AM, kimik said:

It definitely would be an issue going with that large of an order....... lol  

I am curious to see if Spider-Boy regular series will outsell the current Miles Series. If yes, then maybe Spidey #7 will have more legs as Slott builds the Boy-verse.

I sold another tonight. The book has legs I upped the prices on my last copies. I cant keep one for more then a few days. Funny at my last show last month at its hottest nobody asked about it on my rack when I had it at $20 now they are selling for $35. 

On 8/6/2023 at 10:47 PM, fastballspecial said:

I sold another tonight. The book has legs I upped the prices on my last copies. I cant keep one for more then a few days. Funny at my last show last month at its hottest nobody asked about it on my rack when I had it at $20 now they are selling for $35. 

Dan Slott did a signing in NYC the day the book came out. He posted on Twitter what is now his only slab; an SS-copy that he bought from the store, signed, and submitted. He has big plans for the character.

On 8/7/2023 at 10:03 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Dan Slott did a signing in NYC the day the book came out. He posted on Twitter what is now his only slab; an SS-copy that he bought from the store, signed, and submitted. He has big plans for the character.

I wonder if Roy Thomas, Len Wein and John Romita Snr thought the same?

zmtjqn6jixy41.webp

On 8/7/2023 at 2:36 PM, Jesse-Lee said:
On 8/7/2023 at 2:23 PM, littledoom said:

Dang, I was hoping we'd get Lady Deadpool or Lady Deathstrike. But I did recently get a copy of New X-Men 114 for $2, so there's that.

:butbutbutemoji: didn't the following issue or preceeding one, ahem, negasonic Warhead already collapse as well? Despite appearing in the 1st 2 deadpools? Don't get me wrong I have all of the above, but will probably keep them, as they were inexpensive pick ups, but idk if down the road I'd think that I "should have got out?"

On 8/7/2023 at 3:51 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

:butbutbutemoji: didn't the following issue or preceeding one, ahem, negasonic Warhead already collapse as well? Despite appearing in the 1st 2 deadpools? Don't get me wrong I have all of the above, but will probably keep them, as they were inexpensive pick ups, but idk if down the road I'd think that I "should have got out?"

Oh for sure - I'm planning on taking these to the next show I sell at. But I have a few copies of Merc with a Mouth 7 (1st Lady Deadpool) and Alpha Flight 33 (1st full Lady Deathstrike), but only 1 copy each of New X-Men 114 and 115. I was just hoping for those other two characters so I can sell more (and I think Lady Deadpool would be awesome).

On 8/6/2023 at 10:47 PM, fastballspecial said:

Just bought a collection with a huge run of Amazing Spider-Man in it from about 525-900+. Besides the obvious ones, anything I should be looking for?

On 8/7/2023 at 10:14 PM, FlyingDonut said:

Just bought a collection with a huge run of Amazing Spider-Man in it from about 525-900+. Besides the obvious ones, anything I should be looking for?

Not sure if these fall in obvious or not, but the Book Market version of 546 with "Not For Resale" on the cover; the 1:10 variant of 546; 569 variants including the 2nd print; 570 2nd print; 572 2nd print; 611 2nd print (Skottie Young cover); 637 variants. There are a ton of ratio variants in the 600-700 issues especially.

If you come across this variant of 667, it's completely worthless - don't bother looking it up, just send it to me, thanks:

asm_667_variant.webp.8fdadca3a4b2aab01afc680c9aac139c.webp

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 8/7/2023 at 11:53 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Not sure if these fall in obvious or not, but the Book Market version of 546 with "Not For Resale" on the cover; the 1:10 variant of 546; 569 variants including the 2nd print; 570 2nd print; 572 2nd print; 611 2nd print (Skottie Young cover); 637 variants. There are a ton of ratio variants in the 600-700 issues especially.

If you come across this variant of 667, it's completely worthless - don't bother looking it up, just send it to me, thanks:

asm_667_variant.webp.8fdadca3a4b2aab01afc680c9aac139c.webp

The 569, 570, 572, and 637 variants are there. There's a bunch more variants in the box. Are the Obama 583s still anything? There's a fourth and fifth printing variant.

No, the Dell'otto isn't there.

On 8/7/2023 at 11:08 PM, FlyingDonut said:

The 569, 570, 572, and 637 variants are there. There's a bunch more variants in the box. Are the Obama 583s still anything? There's a fourth and fifth printing variant.

No, the Dell'otto isn't there.

Nice! I know the Obama ones did fall off from what they used to go for, but I'm not sure how much...