• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,839 posts in this topic

On 1/5/2024 at 11:46 PM, fastballspecial said:

Alot of 90s nostalgia books are going to really appreciate well soon or have already.  

AWESOME! I'll go dust off that Valiant long box now... :cheers:

Seriously though, which ones are you talking about? Image? Valiant? X-men? Spawn? 

On 1/5/2024 at 10:46 PM, fastballspecial said:

If anyone was lucky enough to buy some of those Taylor Swift Pacific Blue comics early on they are doing 
very well on them as some were really limited. 

I find high grade later copper and early moderns doing well for me as well. Right now harder to find scarcity
and high grade lead the field. HTF high grade 2nd prints, newsstands and sets all do well for me over time. 
Some might not sell for 3 or 4 months, but they will eventually sell so I have np paying for them knowing 
I will set on some books for awhile. 

Punisher War Machine 218 seems to be doing very well with repeated sales over time. 
Dept of Truth should start moving well again this year as it gets closer to production. 
Still selling 1st Spider-boy a copy every few months at $30 or so. 

Zatanna NM copies of her last 16 issue series sell very well. That Bolland 1/10 variant
with the cards a local shop had a NM copy for $200 and let me tell you it took some self
control not to buy it even if it was overpriced its such a fantastic cover. 

Alot of 90s nostalgia books are going to really appreciate well soon or have already. 
Several video games fall into this category and will for several years. Resident Evil
was always a good sell for many years as well as others above. 

Modern horror has done very well. Jason vs Freddy vs Ash does very well for me. 
Even those SIKTC is slowing down and value dropping other books are appreciating
well. 

Thanks for the great summary as usual. (thumbsu

Due to the Chucky show, the 90s Child Play books are selling well also. They are not that easy to find either. 

I would also add that SW HR books should start moving up in the spring of the Acolyte is released this summer as rumoured. Since it is set at the end of the HR, Shadows of Starlight 1 may have a few 1st apps that show up. If there is a delay, that is more time to accumulate.

Edited by kimik

On 1/6/2024 at 8:10 PM, kimik said:

Thanks for the great summary as usual. (thumbsu

Due to the Chucky show, the 90s Child Play books are selling well also. They are not that easy to find either. 

I would also add that SW HR books should start moving up in the spring of the Acolyte is released this summer as rumoured. Since it is set at the end of the HR, Shadows of Starlight 1 may have a few 1st apps that show up. If there is a delay, that is more time to accumulate.

Well this is the recovery month after Christmas. After people blow their cash the first week its slow till mid-February when it picks up. All do my first show in March 16th and we are usually packed due to tax season. Its our busiest show of the year.

On 1/12/2024 at 7:08 PM, kimik said:

Sounds like Ultimate Spider-Man #1 is doing well to start. 

I was expecting the white to be doing better

Bleeding Cool has this on USM 1

Ultimate Spider-Man #1 Has Sold Copies For $45 Already

Ultimate Spider-Man #1 was our highest ordered Marvel release in ages and after 48 hours one location is completely sold out with the other being very close to it. We’re seeing new faces in the shops coming in asking for it and I am so over the moon about it.”

Has anyone read the book yet? Is it any good? 

On 1/14/2024 at 6:45 AM, kimik said:

Ultimate Spider-Man #1 was our highest ordered Marvel release in ages and after 48 hours one location is completely sold out with the other being very close to it. We’re seeing new faces in the shops coming in asking for it and I am so over the moon about it.”

Surprising! But wait for the aftermarket flood!

On 1/14/2024 at 8:45 AM, kimik said:

Everyone I have talked with has enjoyed it. I hated Ultimate Spider-man at the time. I will check out a 2nd print to read at some point.  It is selling well I passed on a few cheap copies as I have enough books to keep me busy.    Hick man does not disappoint.

Edited by fastballspecial

On 1/14/2024 at 9:19 AM, littledoom said:

Surprising! But wait for the aftermarket flood!

I don’t know how much of a flood there will be. Distributors were sold out pre-release date. My file LCS tried to up their reorder last Monday and were told no dice - he was smart and did a healthy one based on initial orders. January is also a low order month traditionally for stores as customers are tapped out from Christmas/post-Christmas spending. 

i can see the print run on the second print to be much higher than the first print.