• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,792 posts in this topic

On 1/22/2024 at 10:37 AM, Brock said:

Bronze and Copper books are the bulk of my recent sales, but Modern sales so far in December/January for me include ASM #30, some Batman Adventures, a Batman: Three Jokers set, a Gear of War lot including #1, Last of Us #1, Marvel Super-Heroes 10 & 11, One Punch Man FCBD, Shonen Jump #1, miscellaneous Spawn books in the 60s and 70s, Ultimate Spider-Man #1, Uncle Scrooge #310, a Warhammer lot including #1, Weeknd Presents Starboy #1, Wolverine #55 (Land variant) and Zatanna 1 & 2.

It's the crossover stuff that seems to be selling - video games, movies, TV shows, music, anime, etc. - but not the typical MCU/DCEU stuff.

I agree with you. I have been moving books and a bulk of them have been movie/tv related. Mighty Morphine Power Rangers sets, Indiana Jones set, Alf set, Count Duckula 1 & 2, Beavis & Butthead 1, randon Disney books and Gold Key cartoon characters. 

On 1/22/2024 at 9:36 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Well this makes two that have gone above what I expected.  Guess some are buying that recently regurgitated talks about Tatum doing Maxx.Screenshot_20240122_192954_eBay.thumb.jpg.81c19ecf43ccb7d5428313fae00bff65.jpg

I was wondering why a friend messaged me about Maxx being hot. Time to pull some out and list them before the hype bursts 

On 1/23/2024 at 8:22 AM, kimik said:

FWIW, it does make sense that the comic market is picking up with almost full employment, interest rates holding steady (and possibly being cut this year), and equities and cryptocurrencies hitting new highs. Let's hope things keep up for the entire year. 

I don't think the market is good rn still, maybe for recent releases but not overall across the board

Tru. Not only has the prices dropped but lot buyers have left comics or so it seems. I have bought lot of stuff this month. I almost starting to think I am sucka because lot of stuff it almost seems that I am only one buying. I don't know who is buying some 9.8 spider-boy 1 but maybe those people need some 9.8 fix for a month so they just goto buy whatever new cheap 9.8 is there.

I am seeing increased sales across the board right now from GA through Modern books and at prices that are better than last fall. It looks like things are starting to stabilize at these levels. I am not saying they will spike this year, but I can see things getting back on track to the more typical 8-10% annual price growth.

On 1/22/2024 at 9:37 AM, Brock said:

Bronze and Copper books are the bulk of my recent sales, but Modern sales so far in December/January for me include ASM #30, some Batman Adventures, a Batman: Three Jokers set, a Gear of War lot including #1, Last of Us #1, Marvel Super-Heroes 10 & 11, One Punch Man FCBD, Shonen Jump #1, miscellaneous Spawn books in the 60s and 70s, Ultimate Spider-Man #1, Uncle Scrooge #310, a Warhammer lot including #1, Weeknd Presents Starboy #1, Wolverine #55 (Land variant) and Zatanna 1 & 2.

It's the crossover stuff that seems to be selling - video games, movies, TV shows, music, anime, etc. - but not the typical MCU/DCEU stuff.

I bought 25 copies of that book when it came out and it went no where for years. I think I still have around 10-15 copies, but
I put several in my $1 boxes for several shows over the last two year.  I thought it couldnt miss, but it took years to heat up.

On 1/23/2024 at 11:19 AM, kimik said:

If you don't mind answering, which covers and what price for the Three Jokers set?

Just a reader set for cover price… it was my last set, so I was glad to move it.

On 1/23/2024 at 12:18 PM, comicartfan said:

I agree with you. I have been moving books and a bulk of them have been movie/tv related. Mighty Morphine Power Rangers sets, Indiana Jones set, Alf set, Count Duckula 1 & 2, Beavis & Butthead 1, randon Disney books and Gold Key cartoon characters. 

They’re not modern, but I think Gold Key books are starting to move more broadly.

On 1/23/2024 at 7:15 PM, Brock said:
On 1/23/2024 at 9:19 AM, kimik said:

If you don't mind answering, which covers and what price for the Three Jokers set?

Just a reader set for cover price… it was my last set, so I was glad to move it.

Thanks. I get $10 apiece for the regular covers steadily at local shows. It is funny - people prefer to select different covers so singles move while correct cover sets for 1-3 sell slowly.

On 1/23/2024 at 2:35 PM, littledoom said:

I don't think the market is good rn still, maybe for recent releases but not overall across the board

it would be nice if they could get 30 year mortgage rates down to 5%. i don't think we'll ever see 3%, but 5% would help

Conan the Barbarian #25 (LGY #300) Mr. Garcin Variant (Vol. 3) Marvel:  This was an open order variant that is not easy to find.  Only a couple actively listed and some recent sales that are pretty good.  The sale from notoriouscomicshop is $75 with 1 still available at the same price, though sometimes I'm wary of the very high sales from this seller that seem too good to be true.  Try your luck finding this in the wild on the cheap as this is probably an overlooked book in most LCS's.  There is also a King Conan #1 variant from the same artist that is much more prevelant on eBay with Conan on the other side of the connecting cover.  I would say an easy $30-40 book in NM. 

Recent Sold:

Link

Available:

Link

On 1/27/2024 at 2:44 PM, gradejunky said:

Conan the Barbarian #25 (LGY #300) Mr. Garcin Variant (Vol. 3) Marvel:  This was an open order variant that is not easy to find.  Only a couple actively listed and some recent sales that are pretty good.  The sale from notoriouscomicshop is $75 with 1 still available at the same price, though sometimes I'm wary of the very high sales from this seller that seem too good to be true.  Try your luck finding this in the wild on the cheap as this is probably an overlooked book in most LCS's.  There is also a King Conan #1 variant from the same artist that is much more prevelant on eBay with Conan on the other side of the connecting cover.  I would say an easy $30-40 book in NM. 

Recent Sold:

Link

Available:

Link

Sweet. I will have to dig mine out and put them up.

On 1/16/2024 at 10:42 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

I may be getting ahead of myself, but it seems like Avengers Twilight #1 may be a hit. Already tough to find Cover A...

Each day, cover A and other variants are increasing slightly for what it is worth...

On 1/28/2024 at 12:11 AM, DocCRR said:

Superman #11 (Cover F - Inc 1:25 Pablo Lobos Villalobos Card Stock Variant) (tfaw.com)

$17.49

Will increase to $22.49 (if available) on 01/28/24, after 2am CT

I like Villalobos, but the variant cover values are hit and miss. This one being a Supes variant should mean lower print run since who reads modern Supes?