• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

On 1/29/2024 at 12:18 PM, kimik said:

Put it up on eBay now and find out. 

Do people actually pay a premium for miscuts? I have a flawless Wolverine (1988) #1 that has a pretty obvious miscut. I always assumed it might hurt the grade/value. My LCS in the 90’s thought so as well. I bought it for a dollar.

Avengers Twilight #1 is taking off now that shelf copies are gone, and it looks like Thrawn Alliances #1 may follow suit. That would make 3 weeks in a row with winners. What is this, 2021 all over again? lol 

Is there anything of note dropping at stores tomorrow. 

On 2/2/2024 at 3:52 PM, kimik said:

If they do, expect a run on large paper cutters on Amazon and prices on miscuts to drop...................

Lol ya

But it's happened before, so while may be a niche, I don't think everyone doing it will help the price maintain. Defeats supply.

The point being I could have sworn its happened before, both raw and graded. Presumably if graded and universal label, I'd feel "more comfortable " with the price lol

Certain ongoing at cgc aside doh!

On 2/6/2024 at 8:22 AM, gradejunky said:

Ultimate BP is already popping since before release.  Reviews are not as good as the new USM reading-wise, though I'm sure the print #'s are also much lower.

LINK

Damn already selling for $25!

On 2/6/2024 at 9:57 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I anticipate Ultimate X-Men is going to be way over-ordered.

We will see. Talking to a LCS owner friend, there is chatter on retailer boards that some are not going big as their client base does not care for Momoko's artwork, and some are saying they will not order due to Momoko (I highly doubt they will not order). I am not a fan of Momoko, but I think everything Ultimate will sell well for a bit.

On another note, it looks like Thrawn Alliances #1 1:00 is hard to find. The last raw sold on eBay yesterday but I am not sure of the price as the fixed price listing was at $375. There are no other copies available on eBay as of right now.