• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

On 2/7/2024 at 7:28 AM, gradejunky said:
On 2/7/2024 at 7:21 AM, kimik said:

Great, I wonder if I'll get my lowly 3 copies I ordered...WTF!    :tonofbricks:

:wishluck: Talking to my file LCS owner yesterday, he got all of his order but there were plenty of other stores that were shorted or did not receive any of the A covers they ordered.

On 2/7/2024 at 1:33 PM, aardvark88 said:

Means low or no regional distribution in Canada for the first printing of UBP 1? Market manipulation, instant hot hype?

My file LCS got enough to cover file orders, but we will see how other stores fared.

It appears that even the USM 1 2nd print which I thought I shouldn't touch due to possible heavy printing has already started hitting $10-15 pre-release!?!  It looks like Moderns Heating Up on Ebay might be pretty active moving forward in 2024.

LINK

Edited by gradejunky

I had already brought this one up a few pages back but to follow up, this book is still going strong and climbing. 9.8 copies hitting $200+ and the 2nd print being a good snag if you can still find a copy/copies at an LCS.  #2 also in the $25-40 range with a 2nd print dropping today, I believe.  #3 is also dropping today and could be moving already past cover price even though it would have seemed likely that the market and readers would have caught on.

Beneath the Trees Where Nobody Sees #1A:

LINK

On 2/7/2024 at 6:55 PM, gradejunky said:

It appears that even the USM 1 2nd print which I thought I shouldn't touch due to possible heavy printing has already started hitting $10-15 pre-release!?!  It looks like Moderns Heating Up on Ebay might be pretty active moving forward in 2024.

LINK

With a lot of non-comic fan speculators abandoning comics, we're probably back to levels of ordering based on what comic fans want, so if something is an unexpected hit, you'll might get bigger than normal spikes.

On 2/8/2024 at 9:45 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

With a lot of non-comic fan speculators abandoning comics, we're probably back to levels of ordering based on what comic fans want, so if something is an unexpected hit, you'll might get bigger than normal spikes.

Man, I hope so. The boom from when they got in was nice, but they wore out their welcome quick. 

On 2/8/2024 at 11:31 AM, kimik said:

I hope this is more like the new 52 and Image (Saga, Nowhere Men, Thief of Thieves, etc) spike from 2012-2014 where books ran up due to the content/stories.

On 2/7/2024 at 3:55 PM, gradejunky said:

LINK

How about back issue moderns? Those don't seem to pop anymore

On 2/7/2024 at 4:55 PM, gradejunky said:

LINK

Here's hoping that is the case. :wishluck:

On 2/8/2024 at 8:07 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Man, I hope so. The boom from when they got in was nice, but they wore out their welcome quick. 

It was awesome to have that pop. I thankfully sold my remaining Silver and Bronze Age keys near the peak. The price I got for my X-Men #1 CGC 4.5 would fetch a 7.0/7.5 white page copy now. lol 

On 2/6/2024 at 2:23 PM, kimik said:

On another note, it looks like Thrawn Alliances #1 1:00 is hard to find. The last raw sold on eBay yesterday but I am not sure of the price as the fixed price listing was at $375. There are no other copies available on eBay as of right now.

Latest sale is a VF- copy that sold yesterday on eBay for $199.99. I do not see any other copies listed currently.

Thrawn Alliances #1 1:100 sales on eBay

And I wonder what price this sold at behind the scenes (listing ended early due to an error). The list price was $399.99

Thrawn Alliances #1 1:25 CGC 9.8

While the 1:100 is nice, I prefer the 1:25 cover.

Edited by kimik

On 2/7/2024 at 12:33 PM, aardvark88 said:

Means low or no regional distribution in Canada for the first printing of UBP 1? Market manipulation, instant hot hype?

My LCS in Victoria BC said they had only ordered 5 copies to begin with as no one had wanted any at FOC.  They got shafted and got no copies.

Edited by GDN