• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

On 2/6/2024 at 2:19 PM, kimik said:
On 2/6/2024 at 9:57 AM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I anticipate Ultimate X-Men is going to be way over-ordered.

We will see. Talking to a LCS owner friend, there is chatter on retailer boards that some are not going big as their client base does not care for Momoko's artwork, and some are saying they will not order due to Momoko (I highly doubt they will not order). I am not a fan of Momoko, but I think everything Ultimate will sell well for a bit.

Based on current eBay prices, it looks like orders were still modest. It is hitting $19.99 on eBay pre-release already. This iteration of Ultimates has been a license to print money with.  :yeehaw:

It's like 2021 all over again. We just need the cryptobros to start laundering funds, err investing, in Modern books all over again since they should be flush with cash again.

On 2/18/2024 at 9:31 PM, littledoom said:

the comic market as a whole is not like a few yrs ago. It's pretty soft overall. A hot in trend the Ultimates line isn't translating to others

I am not referring to the market as a whole, just the new release moderns. It is fun again to see new books pop a bit or a lot like 2021. I guess I should qualify that as well, as it seems to just be Marvel books popping. DCs are not getting any traction. Now is the time to sell new releases to buy old stuff IMHO.

On 2/19/2024 at 7:55 AM, kimik said:

I am not referring to the market as a whole, just the new release moderns. It is fun again to see new books pop a bit or a lot like 2021. I guess I should qualify that as well, as it seems to just be Marvel books popping. DCs are not getting any traction. Now is the time to sell new releases to buy old stuff IMHO.

new Joker Year One origin storyline, that's about it for DC

On 2/18/2024 at 11:31 PM, littledoom said:

the comic market as a whole is not like a few yrs ago. It's pretty soft overall. A hot in trend the Ultimates line isn't translating to others

I know we’re going in circles on this discussion, but the modern market is strong right now. It’s just not the same stuff that’s selling today that was selling two to three years ago.

On 2/19/2024 at 9:44 AM, Brock said:

I know we’re going in circles on this discussion, but the modern market is strong right now. It’s just not the same stuff that’s selling today that was selling two to three years ago.

the problem is when moderns spans decades now whereas some eras are over the course of a decade lol

On 2/19/2024 at 2:02 PM, kimik said:

Yeah. We should split Moderns into three - the Chromium Age (say 1992-2000) and then the Ultimates Age (2000-2010), and then modern.

I prefer  Pyrite Age to Chromium Age. 

On 2/20/2024 at 6:36 PM, gradejunky said:

The new Edge of Spider-Verse #1A is basically gone already from eBay the day before release.  Main cover features Weapon VIII 1st cover and 1st full appearance inside.  No high sales as everything flew off eBay over the last couple of days at cover-ish price.  Once the other sellers who don't have distributor accounts get their copies and start listing it may see a bump, or not, if a bunch of copies flood in; I don't think this will be the case as I think the Spider-Verse and related series fatigue over the past few years may have kept orders low on this.  I hear the story on this Weapon VIII is actually pretty good.

ea_1016639_2_EdgeofSpiderVerseVol41A.jpg

Looks like an early IMAGE COMICS character...

On 2/22/2024 at 12:34 AM, mysterymachine said:

Ultimate Spiderman 2 is already selling between seven to twelve dollars on ebay.

Some copies have the wrong interiors, btw. So heads up in case anyone is buying. Selling $40-50.