• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,832 posts in this topic

On 1/20/2024 at 10:31 PM, fastballspecial said:

Actually sales across the board have been up last two weeks. Hickman's new spider-man
has caused the surge.

Agreed on sales across the board - my sales have been at pandemic levels since November.

I’m not sure how much Hickman’s new Spider-Man has to do with it, though. It looks like pure FOMO on USM. I guess if people are raving about Hickman, that helps.

Something good is happening (at the moment at least) on my ebay store as well. Sold several slabs in the last week. I hope it keeps up! Slabs have been slow pickins for awhile...

image.png.b152e930b35e8ea9e400d226b83ba58a.png

Edited by CHASEnBLUE

On 1/22/2024 at 2:07 AM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Something good is happening (at the moment at least) on my ebay store as well. Sold several slabs in the last week. I hope it keeps up! Slabs have been slow pickins for awhile...

image.png.b152e930b35e8ea9e400d226b83ba58a.png

What titles? Grades?

On 1/22/2024 at 8:20 PM, LudaToke said:

Sales were slow so I decided to do my first $1 start auction and was quite happy with the result. I had this book up for sale in the Buy It Now for a lot cheaper for quite some time and no takers.

image.thumb.png.3f1fcef2c6ba00ea6a25cedb6c560fd3.png

Leave to auction bidders to hike a book up well past a BIN that is literally 2 slots below it in the search.  This book is a bit different as it does have a custome label and sig, however, like you said, you had it up a BIN for less than what the auction went for with no takers.(shrug)

On 1/22/2024 at 7:41 PM, gradejunky said:

Leave to auction bidders to hike a book up well past a BIN that is literally 2 slots below it in the search.  This book is a bit different as it does have a custome label and sig, however, like you said, you had it up a BIN for less than what the auction went for with no takers.(shrug)

For me it’s almost always easier to get better deals buying auction books vs BIN. That may not be the case with current hot books but seems to be otherwise.

On 1/22/2024 at 6:12 PM, the authority said:

For me it’s almost always easier to get better deals buying auction books vs BIN. That may not be the case with current hot books but seems to be otherwise.

I don't do auctions anymore on ebay. 9/10 winners don't pay and it is such a pain to deal with that and start another auction. I just keep watching lowest listed and look at recently sold auctions and adjust accordingly. Lately it has been working pretty good, but we'll see how long it lasts right now. 

On 1/20/2024 at 7:22 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

Well this makes two that have gone above what I expected.  Guess some are buying that recently regurgitated talks about Tatum doing Maxx.Screenshot_20240122_192954_eBay.thumb.jpg.81c19ecf43ccb7d5428313fae00bff65.jpg

On 1/20/2024 at 8:19 PM, Brock said:

Ultimate Spider-Man has gone berserk. Did another round of Covid cheques come out?

I put up a lot of 5 last night just before midnight and had the BIN hit a $324.99 (~$65 per copy) within a couple of hours. Crazy. From what I have heard it is a good read, which coupled with January being a typical low order month for stores set up a nice opportunity. 

I wish every spec play was like this - sell 7 copies of cover A and pay for the entire bulk order. 

On 1/22/2024 at 8:37 AM, Brock said:

Bronze and Copper books are the bulk of my recent sales, but Modern sales so far in December/January for me include ASM #30, some Batman Adventures, a Batman: Three Jokers set, a Gear of War lot including #1, Last of Us #1, Marvel Super-Heroes 10 & 11, One Punch Man FCBD, Shonen Jump #1, miscellaneous Spawn books in the 60s and 70s, Ultimate Spider-Man #1, Uncle Scrooge #310, a Warhammer lot including #1, Weeknd Presents Starboy #1, Wolverine #55 (Land variant) and Zatanna 1 & 2.

It's the crossover stuff that seems to be selling - video games, movies, TV shows, music, anime, etc. - but not the typical MCU/DCEU stuff.

If you don't mind answering, which covers and what price for the Three Jokers set?