• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,943 posts in this topic

On 6/19/2024 at 1:41 PM, wiparker824 said:

IMG_3075.thumb.jpeg.0277d6df5bc64f8690006923fe19da31.jpeg

Invincible 9… all time high was $500, and this auction (not mine) has blown past that with 2 days left.

Guess people really enjoyed Season 2.

This one finished at $1213… I double checked GPA, last sale (also high) was in April for $500. I know these print runs were small, and the back cover being all black makes 9.8’s harder to get but this is still quite remarkable to see. 

On 7/21/2024 at 8:02 PM, Brock said:

I always preface things by saying that I’m a small potatoes seller, selling a little to fund other purchases.

The last couple of months have been very strong for me, especially on eBay. Dave Stevens books continue to do well, although they’re not the instant sellers they were a few weeks back. His modern covers (Bad Planet, Girl Crazy, DV8, Vampirella, etc.) are all good movers. I’ve sold a large number of modern Daredevil books, lots of Usagi Yojimbo, a fair number of Scrooge and other Duck books, Lady Deadpool, Sailor Moon, Masters of the Universe, EverQuest, and a nice Manara Marvel variant.

Outside of Modern, Bronze Marvel is doing OK for me after a cold spell (I wish I had more Planet of the Apes to sell), and DC Copper has been doing very well.

The trends I’m seeing are (generally) away from keys and towards affordable runs, away from superhero movies towards other pop culture properties, and away from Marvel in particular towards more obscure publishers.

Raw Moderns have been doing well for me on eBay for a while now. Slabs have been slower, but I tend to sell those at local shows or auction houses with lower fees/commissions instead. I agree that there is more interest outside of Marvel, but Marvel books are moving well for me still as well. I agree re: people are looking for Indie and other titles now, as well as filling runs. It is nice to see that run fillers are back after the price drop from 2021.

On 7/24/2024 at 12:37 AM, CHASEnBLUE said:

Believe it or not, Momoko variants have been selling for me quickly on ebay....

I've been noticing that too. She still has a solid following. Fair market priced Ghost Spider 2's have been a ghost on eBay.

On 7/28/2024 at 7:47 PM, fastballspecial said:

Thats not even the highest seller currently. This has been my best day on ebay in awhile. 

Today's actually been the worst day on ebay in a while for me..

And of course I sold my What If Iron Man Denom in an Armor in a 1-4 Venompool set months ago after it sat on ebay for a long time. Not sure if I have more copies. The other books that popped can be found in dollar bins but I'm not sure why ppl are investing in those when it's been announced RDJ will play Victor Von Doom as Dr Doom not another variant

Edited by littledoom

I can't believe RDJ would be totally different character. It is kinda different than Chris Evans with Human Torch/Captain America (not lead character, time, different company) or Brolin Cable/Thanos (not lead character, different company, make up).

Edited by godzilla43

On 7/29/2024 at 12:20 AM, littledoom said:

And of course I sold my What If Iron Man Denom in an Armor in a 1-4 Venompool set months ago after it sat on ebay for a long time. Not sure if I have more copies. The other books that popped can be found in dollar bins but I'm not sure why ppl are investing in those when it's been announced RDJ will play Victor Von Doom as Dr Doom not another variant

Go with flow I stop questioning it a long time ago. 

On 7/28/2024 at 11:20 PM, littledoom said:

Thanks for the heads up on this. I think I might have one set left.

On 7/29/2024 at 4:25 PM, kimik said:

Are there any other books of note to come out of the SDCC panels?

In the same vein as Exiles, Marvel Team-Up (3rd series) #2 and #3, and What If? iron Man: Demon in an Armor #1.