• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,851 posts in this topic

it's happening so often i think it's becoming the norm and not quite so silly anymore. Everything WD is smoking hot.

C'mon,That's just silly. :insane:

it's happening so often i think it's becoming the norm and not quite so silly anymore. Everything WD is smoking hot.

No, no, no!!!

It's all confusion in the listings. It has to be right? I mean, it's not possible that there are people OUTSIDE the world of comics coming in to buy these things because they are honestly interested in the stories and collecting them. This little hobby MUST remain OURS and NO ONE else is welcome!

The people over in Europe are now being fooled by ebay listings. This world is now full of dishonest ebay listers! They are taking over!!!! The corruption is spreading like a zombie plague!!!

Ok, non Walking Dead Hotties it is then.

Saga 1

Supurbia 1

Hell Yeah 1

Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 0 & 1

Monocyte 1

Suicide Squad 6 & 7

Thief of Thieves 1

Fatale (any)

and Invincible 89 is getting a little heat

Why Suicide Squad 6 &7? hm

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Ok, non Walking Dead Hotties it is then.

Saga 1

Supurbia 1

Hell Yeah 1

Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 0 & 1

Monocyte 1

Suicide Squad 6 & 7

Thief of Thieves 1

Fatale (any)

and Invincible 89 is getting a little heat

Why Suicide Squad 6 &7? hm

Harley Quinn origin....selling hotter in stores than ebay i'm guessing...tons of copies cheap online.

Edited by krighton

The other thing I foresee that argues against WD being nothing more than a bubble is this: When someone asks, 20 years from now, 'what are the best comic runs ever?', I have to think WD will be mentioned.

I know I'll be rereading my WD run every 10-15 years. (thumbs u

Serious question: Is it a good read? (shrug)

Yes, it is. There's a reason it's generated a 950+ page thread in modern.

As good as Preacher? I'd say Preacher is slightly better, but I'm a huge Ennis fan. YMMV.

My 28 year old daughter who never read a comic book in her life, asked me if I can get her a WD Tradeback on the cheap. BTW, she also works for AMC. ;)
You know what gets me? Walmart will sell these un-edited TPB's (full of violence and F-bombs) in their store available to whoever might open them up, yet they edit their cd's. :shrug:

The other thing I foresee that argues against WD being nothing more than a bubble is this: When someone asks, 20 years from now, 'what are the best comic runs ever?', I have to think WD will be mentioned.

As good as Preacher? I'd say Preacher is slightly better, but I'm a huge Ennis fan. YMMV.

But the argument about a bubble is separate from whether or not it is a good read. People all need to live someplace, but yet the housing market managed to implode not too long ago. If prices get to a point where they are unsustainable then those prices will fall. If every single person snapping up WD comics now doesn't keep snapping them up at these prices, forever, these prices will fall too. At the crazy prices books are getting on eBay right now, there would have to be a continued exponential growth in new rabid collectors of WD for these prices to be sustained into the future.

All that being said, I agree that WD is a phenomenon that only comes around maybe once in a generation and will have a lot of staying power. I just don't see some of the silly prices (Walking Dead Weekly reprints selling at $50, really?) being sustainable in the least. I'm currently selling the issues I have on eBay because I just can't justify keeping them in the box when they are pulling these kinds of prices for recent and non-key issues.

My 28 year old daughter who never read a comic book in her life, asked me if I can get her a WD Tradeback on the cheap. BTW, she also works for AMC. ;)
You know what gets me? Walmart will sell these un-edited TPB's (full of violence and F-bombs) in their store available to whoever might open them up, yet they edit their cd's. :shrug:

Everyone can hear, not everyone can read. (shrug)

Everyone can hear, not everyone can read. (shrug)

:signfunny:

But the argument about a bubble is separate from whether or not it is a good read.

The above was a response to Andy's question only. Some of the previous nested quotes were cut off for brevity.

Go back and read my post about parabolic stock price moves.

But the argument about a bubble is separate from whether or not it is a good read.

The above was a response to Andy's question only. Some of the previous nested quotes were cut off for brevity.

Go back and read my post about parabolic stock price moves.

My mistake, they were back a few pages so I missed out.