• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,793 posts in this topic

I know the 128s cgc 9.8 are selling for around $170. Not sure what they are raw. I just picked up a 9.8 myself the other day.

try $300 plus.

Just so this thread isnt about WD all the time a couple of books that are already on fire and one is really starting to break out.

X-men 128 - Cant keep the book in stock. Sells like wildfire in high grade and its a pain in to find in high grade due to black cover. This book will really blow up if Phantomex gets a series which he will probably get in the future. X23 all over again this time with a better character.

+1 I'm trying to get a copy right now but its been difficult for me to find a copy I enjoy.

Well in the U.K. I can tell you that Fatale is "cooling" on eBay.

Only a week or so ago one seller sold 1st prints of #1 & #2 together for £43/$66. I listed mine for #1 £15/$23 and #2 for £9.99/$15 and nothing, not a sniff.

There is a #1 ending in 1hr 30mins and its currently at £5. So will see where this is heading, should have probably put mine on last week hm

Well in the U.K. I can tell you that Fatale is "cooling" on eBay.

Only a week or so ago one seller sold 1st prints of #1 & #2 together for £43/$66. I listed mine for #1 £15/$23 and #2 for £9.99/$15 and nothing, not a sniff.

There is a #1 ending in 1hr 30mins and its currently at £5. So will see where this is heading, should have probably put mine on last week hm

Haven't seen any signs of it cooling here. If anything, I think there have been some pretty strong sales lately. Though $66 is very high, and your ask of $15 for issue 2 is also quite high.

I've been hunting for New X-Men 128s and 129s and it's weird, I always figure that title and Uncanny would have similar numbers, maybe uncanny would be 20% more, but if you read x-men, you probably get both...every cheap-o box I hit seems like it has 500-800% more Uncannys from this period than New X-mens. Very irritating. Was circulation really that much different?

(Though I have to say, during that period the Uncanny covers tended to be better than NXM, though 129 is a cool cover.)

I am so ticked off I did not buy more WDs at midtown comics when they had them for 40% off $3.50. I bought a few each of 9 and 10 and figured anything after 10 would never be worth anything, but they had plenty after 10 in the bins. At the time I knew nothing about the series, which issues introduced characters, etc. At the time I don't think it mattered, #1 went for some money and 2 - 8 were priced over cover, but I'm pretty sure after multiple attempts/price points trying to get more here I sold a copy of 9 and 10 here for cover price shortly after this, so things had not taken off.

I've been hunting for New X-Men 128s and 129s and it's weird, I always figure that title and Uncanny would have similar numbers, maybe uncanny would be 20% more, but if you read x-men, you probably get both...every cheap-o box I hit seems like it has 500-800% more Uncannys from this period than New X-mens. Very irritating. Was circulation really that much different?

(Though I have to say, during that period the Uncanny covers tended to be better than NXM, though 129 is a cool cover.)

Data shows that New X-Men was selling more than UXM which would make sense since I remember Grant Morrison having a fairly successful run on NXM.

NXM # 128 had a print run of 106,190 while UXM #407, which came out the same month, had a print run of 94,855.

I understand that Image Comics titles America’s Got Powers #1, Danger Club #1, Secret #1, Hell Yeah #2, Bloodstrike #26, Supreme #63, Darkness #101, Saga #2, Thief Of Thieves #3 and Manhattan Projects #2 have all sold out before publication, and will see second prints running through April and May.

They join other recently announced sell outs and second and third prints for the likes of Invincible #89, Fatale #3, Peter Panzerfaust #2, Prophet #23, Glory #24, Thief Of Thieves #2, Hell Yeah #1, Rebel Blood #1, The Manhattan Projects #1 and Saga #1 – the latter two have gone to third print, with Saga #1 second print being significantly allocated as a result if increasing demand