• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,801 posts in this topic

Just got back from Lexington Comic Con. Want to know what everyone was asking? Got any Walking Dead?? Got any Walking Dead Weekly?

They were buying shirts, games, videos all Walking Dead related.

I visited a few local shops on the way back. One told me that they sell multiple TPBs per day and have to re-order right now twice a week.

Supply not equal Demand means what?

Just got back from Lexington Comic Con. Want to know what everyone was asking? Got any Walking Dead?? Got any Walking Dead Weekly?

I visited a few local shops on the way back. One told me that they sell multiple TPBs per day and have to re-order right now twice a week.

I'm just waiting for the show to end,so I can pick up a WD 1 cheap. :wishluck:

I think The Walking Dead (used to identify the brand not just the comic) talk in this thread can take a timeout and let some rising stars be featured.

Is there anyone that reads this thread regularly that doesn't know The Walking Dead is heating up eBay?

No internet points or laughs given to anyone that writes a variation of:

'The Walking Dead is hot?' or 'What the :censored: is The Walking Dead?' or 'Nobody puts (insert name related to The Walking Dead) in the corner!'

Points and laughs will be awarded for anyone that writes a variation of:

'Your Mom is heating up my eBay' or 'What the heck are Internet points and where and what can I redeem them for?'

Saga and Manhattan Projects 1 are both blazing hot right now. The 2nd prints sold out before they hit the shelves and 3rd prints are on the way. I'm shocked that Image continues to put out hot tiles with reasonably small print runs. It's going to be very interesting to see how many of the titles solicited as mini-series turn into ongoing titles and how long the Image heat continues into the future. 7 out of 10 (or more) new image books immediately sell for 2-4 times cover within a few days or weeks of their release. I'm shocked that the new Vertigo books haven't had the same collector appeal (particularly Saucer Country which was very well written). Any thoughts about whether any of these Vertigo titles will get some heat in the next couple months or predictions about when the Image hot titles will cool down?

Saga and Manhattan Projects 1 are both blazing hot right now. The 2nd prints sold out before they hit the shelves and 3rd prints are on the way. I'm shocked that Image continues to put out hot tiles with reasonably small print runs. It's going to be very interesting to see how many of the titles solicited as mini-series turn into ongoing titles and how long the Image heat continues into the future. 7 out of 10 (or more) new image books immediately sell for 2-4 times cover within a few days or weeks of their release. I'm shocked that the new Vertigo books haven't had the same collector appeal (particularly Saucer Country which was very well written). Any thoughts about whether any of these Vertigo titles will get some heat in the next couple months or predictions about when the Image hot titles will cool down?

Of the newest titles I like Manhatten Projects and Surpubia the best. My standards are kinda high though just ask Branget.

I'm just waiting for the show to end,so I can pick up a WD 1 cheap. :wishluck:

:preach:

Of the newest titles I like Manhatten Projects and Surpubia the best. My standards are kinda high though just ask Branget.

You call them high, I call them :screwy:

We'll agree to disagree. ;)

I think The Walking Dead (used to identify the brand not just the comic) talk in this thread can take a timeout and let some rising stars be featured.

Is there anyone that reads this thread regularly that doesn't know The Walking Dead is heating up eBay?

No internet points or laughs given to anyone that writes a variation of:

'The Walking Dead is hot?' or 'What the :censored: is The Walking Dead?' or 'Nobody puts (insert name related to The Walking Dead) in the corner!'

Points and laughs will be awarded for anyone that writes a variation of:

'Your Mom is heating up my eBay' or 'What the heck are Internet points and where and what can I redeem them for?'

As much as I agree with you when some randomn WD issue is hotter than any new well written title then it will dominate this thread. (shrug)

Any thoughts about whether any of these Vertigo titles will get some heat in the next couple months or predictions about when the Image hot titles will cool down?

No, the Vertigo titles won't get heat because frankly, they aren't that good. Saucer Country/County or whatever is going to be limited by it's political tone. The New Deadwardians looks cool, but it will be thwarted by the art. With that being said, I really liked Dominique Laveau: Voodoo Child, but I don't ever see it being "hot".

I hate to say it, but If the creators really believed in these titles, they'd be Image books. In the future, Vertigo may end up being the farm system for Image.

On the other hand, Scalped #1 is starting to pick up a tiny bit of steam. That's long overdue in my book.

Edited by 400yrs

it's happening so often i think it's becoming the norm and not quite so silly anymore. Everything WD is smoking hot.